The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 10 November 2016, 11:06 AM   #1
ericdos
"TRF" Member

AP 36mm SS bracelet - Where and How Much?

Hey Everyone, First post here.

Been a long time vintage AP fan and have owned several from quarts 33mm to 36mm 14790 two tones. Mainly because I can't afford the 39mm chrono yet :)

Anyhow, I just got a slight step closer and just purchased a 36.5mm Pictet & Cie Special Edition in absolute mint condition.

I would really love to put a bracelet on it. Do you guys know where I could get something like this or how much it would cost?

I was thinking of buying a 14790ST and switching the bands if I can't find any solutions and then reselling the 14790ST with the Pictet leather band as the Pictet band is quite special and there are lots of people out there who have been looking for a leather band for their 14790

Here is a quick pic of the watch, since I am proud of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File Nov 09, 5 04 19 PM.jpg (42.5 KB, 211 views)
ericdos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2016, 02:59 PM   #2
ericdos
"TRF" Member

Nobody? I've been looking through this forum for the last couple hours, and so many beautiful watches that my watch looks like a baby :(

I will post some quality photos soon as I am a professional photographer, so I will at least get some quality photos up since I can't compete watch-wise.
Old 10 November 2016, 05:01 PM   #3
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Very nice, congrats.
Before even getting a Rolex, I had medium size Cartier Santos Dumont, your watch is fine and looks great, much nicer than my Cartier...
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2016, 05:15 PM   #4
ericdos
"TRF" Member

Thank You very much!

This isn't my first watch though. It's my 4th AP the rest were all two tone older vintage looking ones so they aren't the same in my eyes.

But I've had several hublots even though I know I shouldn't say that here... and a couple tags and omegas.

My dream watch is a 39mm royal oak chrono rose gold. I'm not a fan of any AP watches bigger. I've tried on a safari and it looks decent but just feels like too big of a watch for my taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Very nice, congrats.
Before even getting a Rolex, I had medium size Cartier Santos Dumont, your watch is fine and looks great, much nicer than my Cartier...
Old 10 November 2016, 09:12 PM   #5
PJ S
Banned

I suspect Audemars make all their same case sizes with the same lug width and plots positioning, thereby having to only make one bracelet per case size.
This maximises profit and reduces inventory stock.
PJ S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 November 2016, 09:05 AM   #6
ericdos
"TRF" Member

I would assume so too. Is there anywhere else to buy a bracelet other than straight from AP.

If I were to buy from AP do you know how much it would cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
I suspect Audemars make all their same case sizes with the same lug width and plots positioning, thereby having to only make one bracelet per case size.
This maximises profit and reduces inventory stock.
Old 10 April 2018, 03:16 PM   #7
interzonez
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdos View Post
Hey Everyone, First post here.

Been a long time vintage AP fan and have owned several from quarts 33mm to 36mm 14790 two tones. Mainly because I can't afford the 39mm chrono yet :)

Anyhow, I just got a slight step closer and just purchased a 36.5mm Pictet & Cie Special Edition in absolute mint condition.

I would really love to put a bracelet on it. Do you guys know where I could get something like this or how much it would cost?

I was thinking of buying a 14790ST and switching the bands if I can't find any solutions and then reselling the 14790ST with the Pictet leather band as the Pictet band is quite special and there are lots of people out there who have been looking for a leather band for their 14790

Here is a quick pic of the watch, since I am proud of it.
Hi - long shot as this message is old!

Did you get a bracelet for your Pictet & Cie watch? And did you manage to put the leather strap on a 14790?

I'm looking for the opposite solution to you - trying to find a leather strap option and end links for my 25920ST Quantieme Annuel - essentially 36mm and apparently the same case as 14790.

Must be possible even if I need to have custom end links made :)

Thanks.
interzonez is offline   Reply With Quote