The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 27 April 2018, 01:57 PM   #1
NoCokeNoHope
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deepsea
How do you store your warranty paper?

Just pulled out some old certificates, from their original holder and found that the older ones are getting quite worn at the creases due to age and may fall apart if I fold it again.
What method do you use to preserve the old papers?

NoCokeNoHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 06:09 PM   #2
Beelzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I fold it up, put it in the box and don't futz with it. ;)
Beelzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 06:17 PM   #3
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

My AD keeps it safe for me for one year

I don't own any vintage ones though.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 06:19 PM   #4
SeaDweller50
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 2 liner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post
My AD keeps it safe for me for one year

I don't own any vintage ones though.
Lol. I got the same offer, at no extra charge. And he wouldn’t take no for an answer. Couldn’t believe my luck.
SeaDweller50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 06:21 PM   #5
dmash
"TRF" Member

Look at that, only a 1 year warranty. I guess the watches were only 20% as good back then! How far we have come.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 06:33 PM   #6
Syfret
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610, 116520
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
Look at that, only a 1 year warranty. I guess the watches were only 20% as good back then! How far we have come.

Reminds me of a time a few years back when I was in the market for a new stove. I was comparing the Defy stoves (cheap) with the Miele stoves (pricey). The salesman mentioned that the Defy came with a 5 year manufacturer warranty whereas the Miele came with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. When I questioned him around the cheaper stove having a significantly longer warranty, his response was, and I quote: “Miele have such confidence in their product that they know nothing will ever go wrong with it, hence you’ll never need more than a 2 year warranty”. I ended up going with a Smeg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Syfret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 07:21 PM   #7
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I have them laminated with gold borders and pin them to the lounge wall.

They are in their boxes will all the other stuff.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 07:24 PM   #8
Andad

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syfret View Post
Reminds me of a time a few years back when I was in the market for a new stove. I was comparing the Defy stoves (cheap) with the Miele stoves (pricey). The salesman mentioned that the Defy came with a 5 year manufacturer warranty whereas the Miele came with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. When I questioned him around the cheaper stove having a significantly longer warranty, his response was, and I quote: “Miele have such confidence in their product that they know nothing will ever go wrong with it, hence you’ll never need more than a 2 year warranty”. I ended up going with a Smeg.

Because the Smeg had a 12 months warranty??

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 07:30 PM   #9
Syfret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
Because the Smeg had a 12 months warranty??

Hahaha, I don’t even know what the warranty on the Smeg is / was. By that point I was pretty over kitchen renovations. What amused me about the Smeg when they delivered it was the phrase on the box “Genuine Made in Italy Style

Old 27 April 2018, 08:05 PM   #10
Bt122
Banned

Watch: Ok...Watching
I thought it was a card?

Edit. Nevermind. Saw u referring to the old certificates
Bt122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 08:34 PM   #11
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
In the box
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 08:36 PM   #12
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
I keep the boxes, papers and warranty cards in the original boxes.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 09:01 PM   #13
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syfret View Post

I had never even heard of Miele until I moved to Germany. I can't believe how expensive their appliances are in relation to other brands. The wife and I recently redid our kitchen and laundry room and choose all Bosch/Siemens (obviously reputable brands) and it was about 1/2 price of what all Miele would have been. Don't get it.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 09:04 PM   #14
TacticaLCawacoL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sunray/Meteorite
In the box.

16600/2005, 116233/2008, 214270/2014, 116234/2016, 116618LB/2017, 116200/2017, 118239/2017, 116622/2018, 326.30.40.50.02.001/2018.
TacticaLCawacoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 09:04 PM   #15
Syfret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash View Post
I had never even heard of Miele until I moved to Germany. I can't believe how expensive their appliances are in relation to other brands. The wife and I recently redid our kitchen and laundry room and choose all Bosch/Siemens (obviously reputable brands) and it was about 1/2 price of what all Miele would have been. Don't get it.

Yeah, you can’t go wrong with Bosch. I went with a Bosch fridge / freezer and washing machine and have zero complaints

Old 27 April 2018, 09:09 PM   #16
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCokeNoHope View Post
Just pulled out some old certificates, from their original holder and found that the older ones are getting quite worn at the creases due to age and may fall apart if I fold it again.
What method do you use to preserve the old papers
I have all my outdated warranty papers stored in a cryogenic deep freeze bank as I want my outdated papers to look like new in a hundred years time.And for my watches I have had a specially made Rolex certified bed made from the finest materials known to man.Its lined with the finest silk and specially padded with the finest softest Pashmina as not to scratch the 904L S.steel.And it has a built in winder to gently rock my Rolex to sleep and keep its heart ticking at a constant 28800 BPH.Plus the added feature of thermostatically heat humidity and air conditioned controlled to the COSC standard.Its fully programmed to lull my Rolex to sleep when off my wrist, with soothing ticking music and whale sounds to help it drift into a place of peace and Rolex tranquility.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 09:14 PM   #17
Syfret
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
I have all my outdated warranty papers stored in a cryogenic deep freeze bank as I want my outdated papers to look like new in a hundred years time.And for my watches I have had a specially made Rolex certified bed made from the finest materials known to man.Its lined with the finest silk and specially padded with the finest softest Pashmina as not to scratch the 904L S.steel.And it has a built in winder to gently rock my Rolex to sleep and keep its heart ticking at a constant 28800 BPH.Plus the added feature of thermostatically heat humidity and air conditioned controlled to the COSC standard.Its fully programmed to lull my Rolex to sleep when off my wrist, with soothing ticking music and whale sounds to help it drift into a place of peace and Rolex tranquility.

Sign me up for all of that!! Calling my AD now to put my name down for a Rolex certified watch bed with all said features

Old 27 April 2018, 09:14 PM   #18
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
Thank you sir! Epic.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 09:36 PM   #19
meganfox17
Banned

meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2018, 10:35 PM   #20
NoCokeNoHope
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by directioneng View Post
I have them laminated with gold borders and pin them to the lounge wall.

They are in their boxes will all the other stuff.

Lol. No kidding, I do know someone laminated ALL his certificates including the double punched papers

Old 27 April 2018, 10:40 PM   #21
NoCokeNoHope
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Hat off to you sir!

Old 28 April 2018, 12:33 AM   #22
Syed117
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I really missed this
Syed117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 12:50 AM   #23
dkg1616
"TRF" Member

In the original box with receipt and all in my safe
dkg1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 01:10 AM   #24
MinMay
Banned

At bank safety deposit
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 01:17 AM   #25
liuk3
"TRF" Member

I keep them with their boxes.
Old 28 April 2018, 01:19 AM   #26
Robbyman
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona/Pepsi/Sub
The AD is keeping my warranty safe for two years!
Robbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 01:35 AM   #27
meganfox17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyman View Post
The AD is keeping my warranty safe for two years!
meganfox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 01:59 AM   #28
WatchGuy1966
"TRF" Member

In the safe. Also photographed and uploaded to my insurance carrier.
WatchGuy1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 03:27 AM   #29
The Libertine
Banned

Watch: 16710;14060;214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I keep the boxes, papers and warranty cards in the original boxes.
This.
The Libertine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2018, 09:29 PM   #30
Rolex fan 61
"TRF" Member

Mine has been folded up into a small square and used under a table leg to stop the table rocking!
Rolex fan 61 is offline   Reply With Quote