The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 16 March 2007, 10:51 AM   #1
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Good deal? Am I blinded by desire?

Ok, so my AD (who by the way I have bought two Rolex from, a LV and AK) and I kinda came to an agreement today.

I really want a TT Blue Sub and my AD knows it. Everytime I go in there he wants me to buy one. I know how bad he wants to sell me one. So far I have him down to 5% off. I know not great. To his credit it is a big seller. I passed once again today and left.

I shopped around the mall a bit more, grabbed a bite to eat and walked out of the mall. I ran into the Manager of my AD in the parking lot and I brought up my desire for a SS Daytona again. Per him, I am "on the list."

So, I told him, "Listen you get me a white dial SS Daytona and I'll buy that TT blue Sub from you at MSRP." "I won't even try to get you to discount it." He immediately put his hand out to shake and said "Deal, you just went to the top of the list." He wanted me to come in and buy the Sub right then and there. I said, "I will when I see the Daytona." He smiled and again said "Deal."

So, am I stupid? Am I blinded by my desire for a SS Daytona? I mean I am going to get a blue Sub anyway, I just used it as leverage to insure that I get the Daytona. By the way, he said he will have it for me in October.
Gaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 10:57 AM   #2
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
If you get the Daytona and the Sub both at list, then I think you got a square deal.

AD's and gray market are marking SS Daytonas up large, so what you'll save on that one will more than cover any discount on the Sub.
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 11:02 AM   #3
Gaijin

Does anybody have any idea what list is on a SS Daytona?
Old 16 March 2007, 11:03 AM   #4
Obsession
Banned

Watch: Tissot Seastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcan View Post
If you get the Daytona and the Sub both at list, then I think you got a square deal.

AD's and gray market are marking SS Daytonas up large, so what you'll save on that one will more than cover any discount on the Sub.
Exactly! Daytonas but also Submariners too depending on the demand and supply, finally all Rolexes are going up and up and I'm afraid not to buy my dream blue sub if prices will go one more time up
Obsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 11:18 AM   #5
colemanitis
"TRF" Member

Watch: PAM 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Does anybody have any idea what list is on a SS Daytona?
So you agreed to buy a watch that you don't know the price of? You've got some BIG balls!
Member #471
colemanitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 11:32 AM   #6
leopardprey
Banned

Watch: Panerai 233
So you agreed to buy a watch that you don't know the price of? You've got some BIG balls!

Either that, or Money is not an issue!
leopardprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 11:33 AM   #7
hutchman
"TRF" Member

Watch: All things Patek
Msrp $7900usd

Warren Buffett
hutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 11:47 AM   #8
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

I think you did okay. The TT blue sub should be discounted 10%, 15%, maybe 20%, but to get the SS daytona at list, you will be okay. If you sold the SS daytona you would make a profit that balances out the Sub not being discounted. AND you have both watches.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 11:54 AM   #9
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K View Post
I think you did okay. The TT blue sub should be discounted 10%, 15%, maybe 20%, but to get the SS daytona at list, you will be okay. If you sold the SS daytona you would make a profit that balances out the Sub not being discounted. AND you have both watches.
Just do what Mark advised, and you'll be fine!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 12:34 PM   #10
ian.thomas

My first thought would be to get the sub at a discount and wait for the Daytona, but if you really want the Daytona, and he gets one to you soon, then I think both at MSRP is a good deal - you'll be happy and so will he!
ian.thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 12:53 PM   #11
Gaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemanitis View Post

Hahaha. My balls (and my wallet) are average size. However, I asked the female clerk who works there what a SS Daytona goes for. She said $7900 too I think. Or maybe $7800. I'm not sure. That confirms it. I'll pay that and the deal is on.

Last edited by Gaijin; 16 March 2007 at 06:33 PM..
Old 16 March 2007, 12:56 PM   #12
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansaiVet View Post
Hahaha. My balls are average size. However I asked the female clerk who works there what a SS Daytona goes for. She said $7900 too I think. Or maybe $7800. I was not sure. That confirms it. I'll pay that and the deal is on.
The Blue Sub is $7825....so even if you get the SS Daytona at list and make a small profit on it, you could cover the non-discounted deal on the Sub.

JJ

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2007, 01:03 PM   #13
Tombstone
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV Sub and others
You have to do what you have to do, I would love a Daytona. For me it is a case of Sh- - in one hand and a wish in the other.
Tombstone is offline   Reply With Quote