The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 27 June 2019, 04:27 AM   #91
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, SD4K, Exp 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
This is also a great point. Physicians have very little leverage in most negotiations with hospitals and insurance companies, other than scarcity and the willingness to walk away.

They have huge leverage in the NHS, certainly at consultant level as they can just walk and work privately.

They are the gods of the hospitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 05:22 AM   #92
timedate
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggo View Post
They have huge leverage in the NHS, certainly at consultant level as they can just walk and work privately.

They are the gods of the hospitals.

they are often god-like, my niece was in danger of dying just after birth with a complex kidney issue, this genius gave up his weekend to save her, he rolled up in a rolls royce and went about saving her life, she is 18 now and healthy thanks to him,

I dont believe a consultant would walk when someone needed them, nhs or private.
timedate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 05:55 AM   #93
filsgreen
"TRF" Member

Seriously Moggo? I have worked with many consultants over the years and in my opinion they are not God like, but humble people, who engage with and listen to their team. I know everyone has an opinion, but why do you make sweeping statements? I realise now, that you have issues with the NHS, but why make statements, that you cannot support?

I'm presently working with a consultant Geriatrician. I accompanied him on a house call last week, to examine an elderly lady with Oedema in her legs. Her son answered the door and asked if the consultant could call back another day, as he had an appointment at his doctors. This "God like" Consultant agreed and returned to see her this morning.
filsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 06:26 AM   #94
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filsgreen View Post
Seriously Moggo? I have worked with many consultants over the years and in my opinion they are not God like, but humble people, who engage with and listen to their team. I know everyone has an opinion, but why do you make sweeping statements? I realise now, that you have issues with the NHS, but why make statements, that you cannot support?

I'm presently working with a consultant Geriatrician. I accompanied him on a house call last week, to examine an elderly lady with Oedema in her legs. Her son answered the door and asked if the consultant could call back another day, as he had an appointment at his doctors. This "God like" Consultant agreed and returned to see her this morning.

You again

I have plenty of experience on the patient side of things and have seen first hand the arrogance of ‘some’ consultants.

I actually said ‘Gods of the hospitals’, wasn’t particularly derogatory, read it back. The truth is they are the top of the NHS tree and what they say goes.

I have one opinion you have another, I get it, you work for the NHS so are protective, that’s fine

Old 27 June 2019, 06:27 AM   #95
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You again

I have plenty of experience on the patient side of things and have seen first hand the arrogance of ‘some’ consultants.

I can support my statements believe me.

I actually said ‘Gods of the hospitals’, wasn’t particularly derogatory, read it back. The truth is they are the top of the NHS tree and what they say goes.

I have one opinion you have another, I get it, you work for the NHS so are protective, that’s fine

Old 27 June 2019, 06:47 AM   #96
filsgreen
"TRF" Member

I'm sorry for challenging your unsubstantiated claims. Fortunately, my opinions are based on facts, after working for the NHS for fifteen years. You're now claiming it's just "some" that are Gods of the NHS, your last post inferred they were all Gods.

No, they don't dictate, they're not dictators! They listen to and work with, the MDT and their patients. They advise but they cannot dictate, as you would like people to believe. The patient chooses what treatment he receives and can ignore these so called Gods if they want to.

By the way, thank you for the rolling eyes. If you have to resort to sarcasm to get your point across, well.....
filsgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 07:02 AM   #97
Moggo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by filsgreen View Post
I'm sorry for challenging your unsubstantiated claims. Fortunately, my opinions are based on facts, after working for the NHS for fifteen years. You're now claiming it's just "some" that are Gods of the NHS, your last post inferred they were all Gods.

No, they don't dictate, they're not dictators! They listen to and work with, the MDT and their patients. They advise but they cannot dictate, as you would like people to believe. The patient chooses what treatment he receives and can ignore these so called Gods if they want to.

By the way, thank you for the rolling eyes. If you have to resort to sarcasm to get your point across, well.....

You are demonstrating my point very well for me with your posts.....

Old 27 June 2019, 07:39 AM   #98
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
You again

I have no idea what the heck you two are arguing about but this made me laugh
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2019, 07:52 AM   #99
Dr.Brian
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the market.
It may be difficult for someone to give you a dollar figure for a complex. procedure, ICU care, etc. but one call to your insurance company can tell you what they will pay for your hip replacement, knee scope, CABG, etc. Out of pocket and the negotiated rate. All bets are off with out of network physicians and hospitals. They haven’t negotiated rates and you might be out of pocket a lot more. So get sick with preferred providers, at least try to stay in network.
Some think that’s unfair, and to some extent it may be, but why should you get the in network negotiated rate when your insurance company hasn’t put that facility/physician in the network and negotiated a fair rate of compensation. As an example. I charge about $150 a unit, get about 75 from a good insurance company and less than 1/2 that from Medicaid. What’s fair? Probably closer to $75? Certainly not $25. But the $150 and the $75 keep the practice solvent when you take all comers and many are Medicaid.
A 500 bed hospital in the city just announced today that they will be closing in 90 days, some services starting Monday. It’s basically 100% Medicare/Medicaid. They’re losing $3-5 million a month!! and haven’t been in the black for at least 14 years! They’ve had 2 management companies buy them out in the last 14 years and they still couldn’t turn them around. That’s a good example for the Medicare for all supporters. It won’t work. Look at any inner city hospital that has an excessive government pay population.
There aren’t any simple answers and it’s a very complex problem, especially with the very diverse US population.

十人十色
Dr.Brian is offline   Reply With Quote