The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 2 June 2019, 08:11 AM   #31
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Helps some and doesn’t others. Nothing is 100% effective for everyone, obviously.

But you really need to know what you are buying and do your research. Works for the wife’s back and knee pain. I haven’t really tried it enough to have an opinion.

Have to watch the THC content if you have a job where you are tested or you go to apply for insurance that may not like the Thc.

We have one called CBD Essence from a company called NutriHemp in the medicine cabinet right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:54 AM   #32
Danny83
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yellow Gold
Try hemp bomb cbd gummies they work
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 June 2019, 11:59 AM   #33
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
I vaporize cbd hemp flower and occasionally smoke as a joint. It’s like full spectrum cbd but looks, smells and tastes very similar to canabis. It’s decaf canabis basically. THC below .3% whereas the real thing is 10-30% or more. I was vaporizing it daily for a month or two then stopped as the novelty wore off a bit. Now I use it like many would a cigar.

I do not have a specific need for to be honest I just like to smoke occasionally and have a very low tolerance for THC and think tobacco tastes like crap in comparison. Great product.
Old 5 June 2019, 05:27 AM   #34
Mr.Rolex1
Banned

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fencer View Post
I tried it, it did zilch. Waste of money. You don't know what you get, it very well maybe just talcum powder.
Agreed, as several others have noted.
Mr.Rolex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 10:50 PM   #35
m j b
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕& Ω
So... my masseuse recommended it to me, and she sells it through a local company (well, a few miles away) that grows the hemp and processes it themselves. I did some research and found that it has been clinically proven to help with epileptic seizures, but that's all that's been proven. She suggested that it may help me sleep, so I bought some gelcaps with 20mg.

Me, personally, it seems to help me stay asleep (I tend to wake up often) and I've noticed that my knee pain (torn meniscus in one knee, the other one is just old) has basically disappeared. On a scale of 1-10 it was an occasional 2*, typically after exercising. I was taking Ibuprofen for it, for years, and now I don't need to take any (at least not for the knees).

A friend's 70-something mom has severe arthritis, and so I bought some CBD oil for her to try, and she says that it works great and has really reduced the pain.

So, like others have said, find a good reliable source for it, and of course, YMMV. Yes, it's unproven and who knows the long-term effects, but I know that the amount of ibuprofen that I was taking is not good for the liver long-term, and I am sleeping better, which we all know is important for good health.

* 2 is not severe pain by any measure, but it was enough to be uncomfortable and sometimes keep me awake

Disclaimer: Please note that the avatar is not an accurate representation of how I look. The camera adds 10 pounds...

Last edited by m j b; 5 June 2019 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: words
m j b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 10:52 PM   #36
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
I vaporize cbd hemp flower and occasionally smoke as a joint. It’s like full spectrum cbd but looks, smells and tastes very similar to canabis. It’s decaf canabis basically. THC below .3% whereas the real thing is 10-30% or more. I was vaporizing it daily for a month or two then stopped as the novelty wore off a bit. Now I use it like many would a cigar.

I do not have a specific need for to be honest I just like to smoke occasionally and have a very low tolerance for THC and think tobacco tastes like crap in comparison. Great product.
Do yourself a favor and buy a volcano if you do not have one already
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2019, 11:27 PM   #37
Chester01
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
I work with quite a few people that tried it. Some it helps, others not so much. With any "drug" there is also placebo effect-which is not insignificant by the way. If it was really as effective as many claim, I am sure big pharma companies would have nabbed it up. There is also the fact that there are so many companies putting this out and it seems poorly regulated, so may be highly variable amounts of the "active" ingredient depending on brand.
Chester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 12:21 AM   #38
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
I work with quite a few people that tried it. Some it helps, others not so much. With any "drug" there is also placebo effect-which is not insignificant by the way. If it was really as effective as many claim, I am sure big pharma companies would have nabbed it up. There is also the fact that there are so many companies putting this out and it seems poorly regulated, so may be highly variable amounts of the "active" ingredient depending on brand.
These are good points. The scientific data is sparse on the effectiveness of CBD and THC for various ailments, let alone effective dosing. Pharma will never nab something up that they can't patent and charge an arm and a leg for. And unfortunately, most drug research is funded by pharma. Not sure if there are any federally funded studies of THC or CBD as THC is still considered a schedule 1 drug by the federal government, despite state by state "legalization".

I do have great hopes for CBD and THC in properly conducted trials, however I think we should temper our expectations. Much of what we see is placebo effect, and for now we are at the "audiophile interconnect cable" stage of the game. For now, it's up to consumers to buy and try. If it works, whether physiologically or via the placebo effect, I'm all for it as medications currently used to treat pain, anxiety, sleeplessness, etc carry a lot of risk and are of questionable long term benefit.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 12:23 AM   #39
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
These are good points. The scientific data is sparse on the effectiveness of CBD and THC for various ailments, let alone effective dosing. Pharma will never nab something up that they can't patent and charge an arm and a leg for. And unfortunately, most drug research is funded by pharma. Not sure if there are any federally funded studies of THC or CBD as THC is still considered a schedule 1 drug by the federal government, despite state by state "legalization".

I do have great hopes for CBD and THC in properly conducted trials, however I think we should temper our expectations. Much of what we see is placebo effect, and for now we are at the "audiophile interconnect cable" stage of the game. For now, it's up to consumers to buy and try. If it works, whether physiologically or via the placebo effect, I'm all for it as medications currently used to treat pain, anxiety, sleeplessness, etc carry a lot of risk and are of questionable long term benefit.
Placebo effect is good.

No side effects.
Blansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 01:19 AM   #40
Wesley Crusher
"TRF" Member

Don’t use it personally, but I have some friends that swear by it for various conditions.

Since marijuana products are the hot item right now and people are trying to capitalize, we’re probably seeing a lot of crap mixed in with good products. For those who don’t have a lot of experience (me), it’s probably easy to buy some products that are not as advertised.

I think we need tighter regulations and testing to make sure that people aren’t being duped into buying snake oil.
Wesley Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 01:25 AM   #41
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Crusher View Post
Don’t use it personally, but I have some friends that swear by it for various conditions.

Since marijuana products are the hot item right now and people are trying to capitalize, we’re probably seeing a lot of crap mixed in with good products. For those who don’t have a lot of experience (me), it’s probably easy to buy some products that are not as advertised.

I think we need tighter regulations and testing to make sure that people aren’t being duped into buying snake oil.
Yeah it's the wild west with marijuana products right now since it's been banned for so long nobody was really doing any serious long term testing of it or its byproducts. I believe even hemp products which is a sister plant, which is supposedly great for clothing etc was banned.

As someone stated the problem with the testing is that the the people testing are probably drug companies and/or Pharma funding which can skewer the equation because we all know how trustworthy they can often be and how they can influence govt regulations in their favor.

So it remains to be seen how this plays out. I use the pills off and on and still not sure if it works or not. And even marijuana itself that is legalized is far more potent than the stuff people were smoking a generation or two ago.
Old 6 June 2019, 01:52 AM   #42
Tom Foley
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114270 K series
CBD Oil

I live in Florida and must go to a Marijuana Doctor to get CBD Oil, which is something that I will be doing in the nest month or so.

I can buy CBD Hemp Oil ATC, actually got it from Amazon, I have tried it and it did nothing, still got all my back pain.

Tom Foley
Tom Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 02:34 AM   #43
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

I think a lot of the confusion is also people don't know what they are buying and the claims are misleading.

Here's some info that helps explain hemp oil, CBD oil and Brylcream oil. Just kidding about the Brylcream part.

https://www.cbdschool.com/hemp-oil-vs-cbd-oil/
Old 6 June 2019, 02:54 AM   #44
mikea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
I'm a fan. I take few droplets about 30 minutes prior to bed and it makes noticeable difference.
Old 6 June 2019, 03:17 AM   #45
gabrielnovar
"TRF" Member

I never felt it work then again maybe I was expecting something to happen like THC.

waste of 60 bucks a month IMO. If you think it helps and placebo working then take it
gabrielnovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 03:30 AM   #46
bellesdad0417
"TRF" Member

Watch: 214270 SD43
I've use it for about 6 months now and I can tell when I miss a dose or two. Mostly use for its anti inflammation properties.
bellesdad0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 06:36 AM   #47
Long-Haired General
"TRF" Member

Friend is using it for bone cancer and says it has made a massive improvement to her quality of life.
Long-Haired General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 10:57 AM   #48
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Do yourself a favor and buy a volcano if you do not have one already
I have a storz bickel mighty which is basically a portable volcano.

Nothing like German engineered surgical grade components to help you pretend you're smoking in the healthiest manner. Like having a cobb salad. This is bacon and eggs but it's the healhy version bro
Old 6 June 2019, 01:45 PM   #49
DrProp
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex datejust
Quote:
Originally Posted by antbkny View Post
Never used it personally but hear good things about it for pain management and anxieties. My friend gives it to his dog.
There are many types of pain. Anecdotally, I know people who claim that it helps with neuropathic pain and inflammation. However, there are not enough high quality studies with definitive conclusions to convince me that it is an effective alternative to NSAIDs, benzos, & opioids. Of course, this opinion is my own, and does not reflect a professional statement.

Doesn’t hurt to give it a try though.
DrProp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 02:23 PM   #50
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

Just applied a cbd/thc balm to my mildly arthritic Knee after a 30 mile ride earlier today. Seems to help with inflammation and muscle pain. Other cbd dominant muscle balms did not do much more than Icy Hot or Tiger Balm. I can actually feel the muscles relax quite a bit after a few minutes when I use this stuff.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 June 2019, 11:14 PM   #51
gabrielnovar
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellesdad0417 View Post
I've use it for about 6 months now and I can tell when I miss a dose or two. Mostly use for its anti inflammation properties.
when you say inflammation what are you talking about. Like skin....red marks?? swollen parts of the body?
gabrielnovar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2019, 01:23 AM   #52
SearChart
TechXpert

Quote:

Nothing like German engineered surgical grade components to help you pretend you're smoking in the healthiest manner. Like having a cobb salad. This is bacon and eggs but it's the healhy version bro
The mighty is a pretty high-end vaporizer!

I tried the firefly 2 from a friend, wasn't impressed, got an Arizer solo II myself, pretty nice machine and not too expensive.
SearChart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 June 2019, 02:27 AM   #53
Blansky
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielnovar View Post
when you say inflammation what are you talking about. Like skin....red marks?? swollen parts of the body?
Inflammation is a tricky one. In joints, generally it's blood rushing to an area to attempt to heal it. People have a bad knee and they exercise and the joint gets inflamed.

For years we've had the medical professions thinking they were smarter than our bodies in how to heal. We even had the RICE concept of rest, ice, compressions and elevation which the person who made up the term soon debunked it, especially the ice part. Now the theory is perhaps very short term ice and short term heat. But some of this has to do with athletes who the trainers want to get back on the field quickly which may not be the best idea healing-wise.

The bottom line for some of this is if we are inflaming our joints then we may be out of alignment and that is the cause of our issues.
Old 12 June 2019, 08:34 AM   #54
BNA/LION

Watch: ROLEX
CBD Oil

I've used this one and it works well for me. Lots of Herbs and things...
https://www.herbamedicus.com/ch/horse-balsam
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190611_151250285.jpg (97.6 KB, 116 views)

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 01:02 PM   #55
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:

Sweet. Only German for me. My volcano lasted 12 years until I dropped it from 8 ft. But nothing like the XL bags baby!
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 June 2019, 03:21 PM   #56
patrolmi
"TRF" Member

It has worked wonders for my bad back== 20mg a day dose, I use CBDUNLIMITED brand-- they sell it in Walgreens now too. Secondary help was I think it reduced anxiety a bit but everyone is different here. There's a lot of garbage product so make sure you are getting it from a reputable source. There isn't any recreational mind bump so those commenting about that-- they are right, there's no THC (or very little) in a good CBD mix so much that you can even pass drug tests. Worth a try if anyone is having issues, give it 2 months to kick in.
patrolmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:32 AM   #57
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
Sweet. Only German for me. My volcano lasted 12 years until I dropped it from 8 ft. But nothing like the XL bags baby!

Nice! I very nearly went volcano but wanted something I could grab and go. Might have to add one anyways.
Old 13 June 2019, 03:34 AM   #58
Mr Kram
"TRF" Member

i have rheumatoid arthritis. i take CBD with no TCH and it has helped to improve my joint stiffness and pain.
Mr Kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 03:49 AM   #59
Bosbevok
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 40 GMT II
I think it’s hard to deny the benefits. Just a little bit of online research will show you this. There are a few things to keep in mind though, and I am referring to myself only. To get any real benefits relating to anxiety, pain, etc one needs to take it in small amounts for about a month every day. Dosages are tough to figure out but in Canada you can get doctors to help you with this. One should never try and self medicate. Also the source of it is very important. Make sure it is through an FDA or Canadian medically approved.

See me at Bosbevok on YouTube.
Bosbevok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 June 2019, 04:50 AM   #60
77T

CBD Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosbevok View Post
I think it’s hard to deny the benefits. Just a little bit of online research will show you this. There are a few things to keep in mind though, and I am referring to myself only. To get any real benefits relating to anxiety, pain, etc one needs to take it in small amounts for about a month every day. Dosages are tough to figure out but in Canada you can get doctors to help you with this. One should never try and self medicate. Also the source of it is very important. Make sure it is through an FDA or Canadian medically approved.

See me at Bosbevok on YouTube.

I’m glad it’s working for you. But...

The body of proof is still not confirmed by FDA or other research groups. So “researching” the web is fraught with personal experiences or claims by marketers.

FDA has approved Epidiolex, a purified form CBD. It requires a prescription for the treatment of seizures associated with Lennox-Gastaut syndrome or Dravet syndrome. There are no other CBD oils with FDA approval.

Two other Synthetic THC products gained approval, Marinol and Syndros, which include the active ingredient dronabinol.

FDA just announced warnings about off-label uses of the approved products - and about the marketers selling unapproved CBD oils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is online now   Reply With Quote