The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 24 January 2006, 04:37 AM   #1
----

Food and Wine Show

So, my wife dragged me to a dog show yesterday, and we realized that there was also a food and wine show going on at the same place. So, we saw the dogs, and then had lunch at the other show.

We have a Lhasa Apso (a.k.a. devil dog) and the wife wanted to have a picture of how the hair is prepared for showing........I will not let my dog looks like this!

We saw another dog that was kinda cute, but my wife wants a greyhound for some reason (I am personally pushing for a long haired Chihuahua......smaller mess to clean up):

Then we were off to the food and wine show - here I drank myself silly, tasting some fine beers, wines, and some premium vodka......

Here is lunch - some meatballs that were just great, and some very nice spanikopita, with a full bodied red.......

We picked up a jar of this hot pepper jelly made with Scotch Bonnet (Habanero) peppers - it's great!

We also had a great feed of jerk chicken....not as hot as I would have liked, but still tasty.

On the way home, we hit the Polish deli nearby, so that made today's lunch pretty tasty:

Some nice cheese, antipasto on crackers, and some good Polich dill pickles, and Kobassa........Mmmmmm.

Anyone hungry?
Old 24 January 2006, 04:49 AM   #2
Atomic

Sure, sure... "I got dragged to a dog show."

BTW, my parents have a Greyhound. He was rescued from destruction in FLA (where he raced). Nice dogs but freakin' HUGE! Good thing is they are lazy and like to sleep alot. However, they were told to never let him off the leash cuz once he starts running, we'll never see him again.

I good compromise is an Italian Whippet. Same body shape but about 1/3 the size.

Personally I want a Weimaraner... but not until C is a fair bit older (i.e., old enough to walk the damn thing when I am still in bed.