The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 March 2020, 03:19 AM   #31
Setarip
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigblu10 View Post
That is a beauty! Love the dial.
Thanks Bigblu! I received the YG with silver dial / romans...which is very beautiful. But the RG with the Sundust pinstripes dial just sang to me...it’s unique and I never get tired of looking at it.
Setarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 03:33 AM   #32
Bosbevok
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day Date 40 GMT II
I have a DJ and a GMT that I had been wearing since 2007 and 2010. Since I bought my DD 40 in 2018 I have never worn another daily watch. Obviously if I worked on a construction site it would not be practical, but for me it is and I love it. However if I am on vacation where it’s hiking and such I will take my GMT instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bosbevok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 01:49 PM   #33
Kingpin99
"TRF" Member

New question on the same topic - I am having issues figuring out the size bracelet that comes with a 18238 presidential rolex and how many links I will have to order. I have a large wrist which is around 8.25 inches - I asked a watch dealer whether it would fit a 8.25 inch wrist and they responded saying that the president band is 7 5/8 long and I could add links...

The current watch I wear has a band which is 7 5/8 however the case is not included so it works - is the president band 7 5/8 or does it fit a 7 5/8 wrist?

Thanks for any help.
Kingpin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 01:54 PM   #34
Paul7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalce View Post
Go check out rolliworks web site. He rebuilds and tightens bands and he has a lot of before and after pics. Should give you an idea of what bad stretch looks like and how much they can be improved.

I have a TT jubilee there right now which he rated at 65% (new = 100%). Goal is to bring it back to at least 85%.

He did a great job on my 1984 DJ band. Wearing it too loose will cause more band stretch.
Paul7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 03:25 PM   #35
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
The idea is to buy it,use it for a lifetime and pass it down .Thats Rolex .It will serve you well.Guaranteed.

It was never intended to be an occasional watch to compliment your shoes,suit or underpants ...
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 03:43 PM   #36
Yess
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Good enough for a president... Good enough for daily use - you know the beating those politicians take?
Yess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 08:36 PM   #37
VegasMilgauss
"TRF" Member

Jack Nicklaus.
VegasMilgauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 10:58 PM   #38
Ragna
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingpin99 View Post

[...]Does anyone have any thought as to whether this can be an everyday watch?

It has the week days plus date precisely to be used as a daily.

Thats how i see it.
Ragna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 11:32 PM   #39
Porscheconvert
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
New to the forum...I own a Wimbledon DJ, have owned wore older TT DJ for years. Goal was always to own YG DD, and it's official, I have the bug and on the lookout! This thread and forum has been very helpful for me to arrive at this conclusion as I was always concerned about the image of that watch and the message that it can portray.

I'm in sales, so there will be meetings I will need to be careful and wear a different watch. However, other meetings and in daily life, it will either be an advantage (only with watch enthusiast like us), or for a vast majority of the time no one will care...but me!

Now...will it 36 or 40?! Let's go!
Porscheconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 11:43 PM   #40
mobster600
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes
Just make sure to clean it often. The 18238 has hollow links, it’s prone to stretch. If you can, get the 118238, it’s the solid link upgrade from the 18238. Up to you, but I think only a few thousand can get you a nice 118238. Why not spend it while your dishing out that kinda cash.
mobster600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2020, 11:53 PM   #41
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Every Rolex can be a daily watch. They are all that rugged and robust. It’s more of your lifestyle and personal style that I think chooses what our daily watches are. I say go for it as quality on your wrist daily sure beats a piece of soulless techno plastic.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2020, 01:42 AM   #42
c41006
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pelagos
It’s going to hold up just fine as long as you take somewhat reasonably good care of it
c41006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 March 2020, 03:30 AM   #43
Kingpin99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
Just make sure to clean it often. The 18238 has hollow links, it’s prone to stretch. If you can, get the 118238, it’s the solid link upgrade from the 18238. Up to you, but I think only a few thousand can get you a nice 118238. Why not spend it while your dishing out that kinda cash.
From what I see it would be around a $5k or more upgrade which may not be much for some people on here but to me the money would matter.
Old 9 March 2020, 03:35 AM   #44
Porscheconvert
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobster600 View Post
Where can I learn more about this topic? Specifically, which models have hollow vs solid links? Pros and cons, etc?
Porscheconvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 March 2020, 12:52 PM   #45
Kingpin99
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timepiecegentleman View Post
The watch is fine for everyday wear assuming your going to wear it in normal everyday activities. To the office, grocery shopping, hanging around the house, out to dinner, etc. If this is your idea of daily wear then it’s more than ok.

Had I noticed the classifieds section I probably would have contacted you about the watch you posted but I have one coming this week. Let me know if you would be interested in selling any of your extra links, I am pretty sure the watch is coming a bit on the small side so I will have to chase them on ebay or ask my AD.
Old 18 April 2020, 03:04 AM   #46
borsche
"TRF" Member

Rolex Presidential for daily use

I own a YG and a WG that I swap each day.

borsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 03:52 AM   #47
borsche
"TRF" Member

borsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2020, 04:14 AM   #48
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden View Post
Wore mine daily often.

Reminds me of a Steven Wright joke about going to a supermarket that advertised it was open 24 hours. He went there and it was closed. He came back when they were opened and asked about it saying it was "open 24 hours."

They responded, "Not in a ROW!"