The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 3 March 2017, 07:24 AM   #1
MWC79
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
Vintage Speedmaster Mark II Value Question

Members:

First time posting.

I wanted to get your take on the value of an Omega Mark II Racing dial 145.014 sold on eBay.

The watch was a non-working vintage piece. Seller claimed to be the son of the original owner. His dad wore the watch until the 80's then gave it to him and he wore it until the 90's. He says it was wound too tight and needed servicing. Watch looked original as far as the crystal, all hands, along with the bracelet. No box or papers and only service history was that the seller had a watch maker clean the movement when he encountered the "winding too tight" issue the first time. Watch was being sold by a seller in the US.

I wanted the watch for a project to restore and wear in my watch rotation. Bidding started at $450 USD and ended up selling for around $1,136 USD.

Without pictures, based on my story above, what are your thoughts on the value of this non-working watch?

What should I plan to expect to pay for a 145.014 mark ii with the normal dial or the racing dial? Can you still get a deal on one of these watches?

Thanks in advance for your input.
MWC79 is offline   Reply With Quote