The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 22 August 2019, 01:49 AM   #1
B01fan
"TRF" Member

European Watch Company review - excellent experience

I recently completed my second transaction with European Watch Company of Boston and could not have received any more gracious, warm and knowledgeable service -- which unfortunately is all too rare even among "high-end" vintage/pre-owned watch dealers. Robert Reustle was my main contact and from beginning to end he provided flawless, professional and responsive service - he has my highest recommendation.

European Watch Company offers a carefully curated inventory that focuses mainly on the 'blue chips' of any collection - Patek Philippe and Rolex - but also supplemented by other leading Swiss and German brands. You can rest assured that the quality of the timepieces when examined up close matches the quality suggested by the photos on the website. Let me amplify a little on this point as I think it is helpful (particularly to people considering a purchase over the phone or internet) to give a sense of what you can expect in terms of receiving something in "collector's condition" from EWC, assuming that the watch in question has been previously worn.

For the modern pieces, it is clear that EWC has access to excellent watchmakers as the watches, so far as this layman can determine, have been cleaned and detailed with skill, sensitivity and respect to bring them up to a "showroom" standard appropriate for luxury timepieces at this level. I see a lot of indifferent (often, overpolished) examples at other dealers that are described as "fine" or "excellent," and it is clear that EWC's inventory is simply in better condition than most other dealers'. For the vintage pieces that are inherently a little more delicate and where case shape, dial and hands determine so much of the value, EWC are careful to preserve mechanical function while leaving the rest of the watch in as close to original state as possible.

I am beyond thrilled with my new vintage timepiece from EWC. If you are not already familiar with their offerings or perhaps are more used to some of the bigger East Coast dealers in New York and Philadelphia, I think you will quickly notice what sets EWC apart in terms of service, quality of inventory and simply being a pleasure to do business with. They will absolutely be my first choice when looking at fine vintage and pre-owned watches in the future.
B01fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 August 2019, 02:49 AM   #2
NJRolexFan
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Great write up. I dealt with the owner, Albert, several years ago on a vintage Omega. They are indeed a pleasure to deal with.
NJRolexFan is offline   Reply With Quote