The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 28 October 2023, 04:13 AM   #91
HMHM
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gent675 View Post
Someone’s been drinking too much AP koolaid.
If that’s your only reply, clearly you lack the adult capacity to have an adult discussion. Please look through my post history and see my opinion about AP and my criticism towards them as well. That’s if you want to have a healthy discussion that contributes or you are just interested in name calling for self satisfaction.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 05:41 AM   #92
Vivalas
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Quote:
Sorry, was about to respond to that point. How are we to know that they didn’t have the conversation with their SA, and perhaps got authorization to sell, and that’s why they did so via such a public route as opposed to trying to do a "safe sale" privately. I don’t know but it’s just funny to me how uptight some of the AP Defenders here are, and quick to make conclusions about another collector. « If you sell an AP in < 5 years you are not a committed client.» « Anyone whose tastes can change within that time period must be a market player.» Look I get it when we see freshly dated pieces hit the market, but let’s chill a bit and give some benefit of doubt to other collectors who we don’t know their circumstances. Maybe it’s just me but it comes off toxic and I don’t get the same feeling from the Rolex or Patek boards.
People can have opinions on AP and the market and it doesn’t make them uptight. Of course no one can know 100% about a particular watch/sale etc but anyone knowing the watch world, knows how hard certain watches are to get. Logic would tell that the SA would have no idea and certainly wouldn’t be okaying any private sale. Of course when you buy a watch it’s yours to do with as you choose, but as Ash says there’s very little allocations so it’s not going to go down well. It would in all probability end any relationship, which is fine if that’s what the person wants to do, but people will comment on it.
Vivalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 07:15 AM   #93
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
Quote:
Maybe it’s just me but it comes off toxic and I don’t get the same feeling from the Rolex or Patek boards.

I don’t know about the Patek TRF board however imo Patek as a company take a harsher view than AP to selling your watch down the line……way down the line. A very good friend of mine had a Patek allocation piece, he’d been offered it rather than requested it and decided to buy it….on somewhat of a whim.

After 2 years of trying to love the watch he realised that he just wasn’t feeling it and so he informed a UK dealer that he’d consider selling it. After a couple of months the dealer contacted my pal to say that he’d had an enquiry from a serious buyer and would he still consider selling the watch. The watch was collected by the dealer on the understanding that it would only be shown to this one serious buyer and would not be advertised or appear on display and if the serious buyer turned out to be not that serious then the watch would be returned. The serious buyer turned out to be an employee from Patek and now my friend is basically blacklisted. It feels a bit like entrapment to me and I can’t imagine AP operating like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 10:25 AM   #94
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
After 2 years of trying to love the watch he realised that he just wasn’t feeling it and so he informed a UK dealer that he’d consider selling it. After a couple of months the dealer contacted my pal to say that he’d had an enquiry from a serious buyer and would he still consider selling the watch. The watch was collected by the dealer on the understanding that it would only be shown to this one serious buyer and would not be advertised or appear on display and if the serious buyer turned out to be not that serious then the watch would be returned. The serious buyer turned out to be an employee from Patek and now my friend is basically blacklisted. It feels a bit like entrapment to me and I can’t imagine AP operating like that.
Wild. If anyone screwed with me like this, I'd be livid.
AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 October 2023, 11:22 AM   #95
APhound
"TRF" Member

Advice on 15510 Steel or 15510 Gold

There’s levels. If I sold that watch and my guy knew, it wouldn’t be cool.
I know a guy who gets the bangers and he can do whatever he wants with them, no risk of blacklisting. He can’t screw up.
I tried on an extra thin perp the other day and same thing, the guy got another similar piece and sold one. He’s fine! He gets a lot of calls.

Also, there’s really not that much to be made anymore flipping them. The one I posted was not much more than retail plus tax plus it’s at a dealer.. And gotta be one of the more difficult pieces to get, at least for a peasant like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote