The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 5 May 2016, 08:30 AM   #1
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Negotiation of 5711

I was able to locate a white 5711 and was wondering what if any negotiating room I would have on it. The AD has had it for a few months now. Stumbled on it when inquiring on a 5167...that was not in stock
Tay821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 09:21 AM   #2
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

I think there is definitely room for negotiation if the AD has not been able to sell a watch for a few months. I would tell the AD that you are interested in the watch and then ask them offer you a good price on the watch and see how much discount they offer.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 10:27 AM   #3
thomaspp
"TRF" Member

White dial, sure. Be aggressive is all I've learnt after years in this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 May 2016, 11:48 AM   #4
nyc2la
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16660
Up to a 5% discount on the blue dial and up to a 10%-15% discount on the white dial. YMMV
Old 5 May 2016, 01:44 PM   #5
cervantes
"TRF" Member

If it's a dealer you have a good relationship with than maybe 10%. I'm surprised they haven't moved a white 5711 in that long. Even the established grey market dealers move them real fast.
cervantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 03:01 PM   #6
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc2la View Post
Up to a 5% discount on the blue dial and up to a 10%-15% discount on the white dial. YMMV

FYI 5711 blue is sold out in Europe ,you can locate one about 20percent markup at grey dealers,ADs are not taking names on lists anymore since the extremely long lead-time.Might be the US is different but usually the hype knowns no borders;-)

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 07:58 PM   #7
Fiery
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C 116610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
FYI 5711 blue is sold out in Europe ,you can locate one about 20percent markup at grey dealers,ADs are not taking names on lists anymore since the extremely long lead-time.Might be the US is different but usually the hype knowns no borders;-)
+1, sadly :( And not just that, but basically all steel Nautilus models are sold out in the whole EU, and there are long waiting lists for the most popular models (5711 blue and 5990). And since Mr.Stern specifically stated that he doesn't want to ramp up steel watch production, the situation will not get better anytime soon...
Old 5 May 2016, 08:56 PM   #8
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the advice. I'm on a list for the 5711 in blue but was weighing if it would be worth it to go white. The more I see the blue the more I like it, however.
Old 5 May 2016, 09:00 PM   #9
KarlS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay821 View Post
Thanks for the advice. I'm on a list for the 5711 in blue but was weighing if it would be worth it to go white. The more I see the blue the more I like it, however.
You the first person I read on a list in USA. Almost sounded like they were growing wild and it was only us in the rest of the world that couldn't get them!
KarlS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2016, 09:09 PM   #10
Tay821
"TRF" Member

Funny...I'm 2nd at my AD. Said the next one is already sold and I could be as soon as the end of the year. After reading how some can't get on a list outside of the US, I suppose I'm lucky, relatively speaking.
Old 5 May 2016, 11:44 PM   #11
jsw7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passionata View Post
I won't say they are all sold out. I started looking for a blue 5711 in the UK two months ago and have one already from an AD. I'll agree that most say list is too long to take names but I found a couple that said they could get one this year. Maybe I was lucky.
jsw7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2016, 07:04 AM   #12
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw7 View Post
I won't say they are all sold out. I started looking for a blue 5711 in the UK two months ago and have one already from an AD. I'll agree that most say list is too long to take names but I found a couple that said they could get one this year. Maybe I was lucky.

Exception makes the rule pal,
I m happy w yr luck!

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------

IG @passionata1
Old 6 May 2016, 07:05 AM   #13
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tay821 View Post

Afaik PP change the fial for blue for a certain fee,though it won t match w yr paperwork anymore.

---------------------

IG @passionata1