The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 23 February 2015, 03:05 PM   #1
Cuong_syd
"TRF" Member

1 year old Rolex running slow few hours per day???

Hi,

I bought a brand new rolex day date ii a year ago. Its my first watch as i never wear a watch before. I bought it in Berlin, Germany and wear it daily. I took it out every night before sleep. Recently it running late about few hours in the morning. I wind it and it was able to run probably for a day or two. This morning it was slow about 6 hours again. It sucks so bad since the watch is only a year old.

On rolex website, I found a nearest rolex service centrel in Ho Chi Minh city, VietNam as im living in Hanoi Vietnam but could not find their telephone number which is strange. My question is:

1. What seems wrong with my watch? Do i need to pay to fix it or it can be done under warranty?
2. Should i trust a rolex service in Vietnam or should i send it somewhere else? I have trust issues with vietnamese services.
3. To do such service in vietnam, will it be recorded on paper and laser engraved in my watch as i read somewhere? Will it decrease the resale value of my watch?

Thank you.
Cuong.
Cuong_syd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2015, 04:06 PM   #2
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
If it's under warranty, it should be fixed for free. You can get it done in another country, but I'm pretty sure you will have to take it there yourself, not mail it. Your watch will not be laser engraved, and there will be no negative effect on its value from having it worked on by any RSC.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2015, 06:54 PM   #3
jvmartin
"TRF" Member

Without knowing anything else it is impossible to know what is causing your watch to run slow.

I would imagine a Rolex Service Center in Vietnam should still be very good to their customers, then again, perhaps you know better.

There is no laser engraving. I have seen that they write with marker on the inside of the case back but this does not negatively affect the value. Anyone who is turned off by this marking is probably not someone who is serious about buying anyway.
jvmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2015, 07:43 PM   #4
Cuong_syd
"TRF" Member

Thank you for your info. Btw, i do have another preowned rolex watch which I purchased few months ago and it is not under my name. How do i get it service? What paper is required when bringing it to RSC?
Old 23 February 2015, 08:22 PM   #5
Old Expat Beast

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuong_syd View Post
Thank you for your info. Btw, i do have another preowned rolex watch which I purchased few months ago and it is not under my name. How do i get it service? What paper is required when bringing it to RSC?
You don't need any papers to get a Rolex serviced by the RSC, just money, but if it was purchased in another country (so not in their records), they will check the serial number with Geneva. This is what happens in Hong Kong anyway, and it takes about 14 days. Then you will receive a quote and collection date.
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 February 2015, 10:17 PM   #6
Alcan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: your P's & Q's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuong_syd View Post

You just need this paperwork for your pre-owned Rolex
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vietnamese money.jpg (275.5 KB, 218 views)
Member #1,315

I don't want to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol IS a solution!
Alcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 February 2015, 01:54 AM   #7
Cuong_syd
"TRF" Member

I will try to call them in coupe of days. Its still on lunar new year holiday. Thank you guys again. Cheers!!!
Old 26 February 2015, 12:53 PM   #8
Tools

Watch: GMT's
Is it simply stopping at night because it is not winding enough during the day because you are not active enough.

Picking it up in the morning, it will restart and only appear to have been running slow if it simply ran down during the night.