The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 28 July 2023, 01:40 PM   #61
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyjo View Post
Hi. What is Moda?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moda is a FB group of both professional and amateur watch resellers. It’s like a trading market for watches.

At least that’s my understanding. I’m not a member, just what I’ve gathered from time here on TRF.
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 01:48 PM   #62
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
Start a poll. Will this end with civil suits or with a criminal investigation? This mea culpa seems like a move to buy time and review options on how to get out of this mess rather than making people whole.
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 02:18 PM   #63
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

If true it was inevitable.

Hubrism (my invented word representing hubris+narcissism)
ran strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 03:47 PM   #64
alllexandru

Anthony farrer

There was a topic somewhere here on TRF
after he made the famous trick while he was on TimepieceGentleman team, the internet was on fire and you can tell from them it was all fishy, looks like some folks never learned and still gave him watches to sell ….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew_Ashby View Post
His alleged Mea Culpa
Easier to read format.

It comes with a heavy heart to have to send this message, but I can no longer live behind the lies and my mistakes. This is a mass text message to each person involved and it is not an easy message to send nor will it be an easy message for you to read. I wanted to reach out to you first and explain the situation before you read about it online or on social media. You may or may not be aware that, several months ago, I lost my Richard Mille due to being out at a bar, drinking and acting careless. What you would not have known is that that one watch was not the only one lost. My bag that I misplaced contained about $2 million in inventory. Majority of which was on consignment with clients like you. I kept this hidden because I thought I could dig myself out of this whole. Up until now, I wasn’t aware that I was the problem. Over the last year I’ve let my demons get the best of me. I am an alcoholic. I have a gambling problem. I have a spending problem. I let a little success and a little money go to my head. I think I’m invisible and the rules don’t apply to me. I would not listen to people when they tried to help me. I think I know everything. Over the last 24 hours I’ve finally realized I was wrong. I’m my own worst enemy and I need help. I have betrayed your trust and I owe you money. I have never been willing to reach out and ask for help and that is what got me to the situation I’m facing today. I understand the feelings or thoughts that may be going through your head right now and the only thing I have to say is I sincerely apologize for doing what I did. When I made that mistake, I did not admit it and I kept trying to cover it up by selling more inventory to pay people slowly. Today I finally realize I’m only creating a bigger hole. Until I put a stop to it and admit my fault, it’s just going to get worse. Today I want to admit to you that I owe you money for a piece or more you have had on consignment with me, but at this current moment, I do not have the money to repay it. I am not going to run and hide like a coward. I am not going to file bankruptcy and screw anyone over. I will pay you in full what I owe. If I could ask for one favor, that would be to give me time to call each and everyone of you and talk to you personally before making any decisions or putting this message or situation out online. I understand everyone is going to immediately want to call me and get answers or a quick resolution. Please give me time to reach out to you and start the process of fixing the mess I’m in. Again, I apologize. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart and understand this has ruined all trust you had in me. I will call you and we can talk and I will do my best to fix this. My first step in starting is clearing my head and I’m on my way to an AA meeting for the next couple hours. Please give me time to reach out to you
alllexandru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 11:00 PM   #65
TRS1
"TRF" Member

I am amazed this guy got as far as he did. True con man.
TRS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 July 2023, 11:25 PM   #66
Knappo 1307

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive Drab View Post
Start a poll. Will this end with civil suits or with a criminal investigation? This mea culpa seems like a move to buy time and review options on how to get out of this mess rather than making people whole.
Interesting question^^ Now will the "robbery" at his rental home come back up and be reinvestigated? Was that a scam also? So many layers.
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 12:09 AM   #67
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

he had a good thing going when he was with marco in that small office back when they just started doing the day in the life of vlogs. then he just went full hollywood with what looks like borrowed money lol
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 01:40 AM   #68
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: DJ 41; 1803; BB Ch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Moda is a FB group of both professional and amateur watch resellers. It’s like a trading market for watches.

At least that’s my understanding. I’m not a member, just what I’ve gathered from time here on TRF.
I’m in the Moda Watch and Moda <$10k Watch groups on Facebook and enjoy them. They’re free and it’s fun to browse offerings. My wife and I have purchased a few pieces from the <$10k group and have been pleased. They’re both free to join, although the real Real Watch Buyers group costs something like $750 to join.

There are some good deals in the groups, too. Typically, the prices are as good or better than anywhere else I look online.
Slimpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 01:49 AM   #69
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by alllexandru View Post
There was a topic somewhere here on TRF
after he made the famous trick while he was on TimepieceGentleman team, the internet was on fire and you can tell from them it was all fishy, looks like some folks never learned and still gave him watches to sell ….

Easier to read format.

It comes with a heavy heart to have to send this message, but I can no longer live behind the lies and my mistakes. This is a mass text message to each person involved and it is not an easy message to send nor will it be an easy message for you to read. I wanted to reach out to you first and explain the situation before you read about it online or on social media. You may or may not be aware that, several months ago, I lost my Richard Mille due to being out at a bar, drinking and acting careless. What you would not have known is that that one watch was not the only one lost. My bag that I misplaced contained about $2 million in inventory. Majority of which was on consignment with clients like you. I kept this hidden because I thought I could dig myself out of this whole. Up until now, I wasn’t aware that I was the problem. Over the last year I’ve let my demons get the best of me. I am an alcoholic. I have a gambling problem. I have a spending problem. I let a little success and a little money go to my head. I think I’m invisible and the rules don’t apply to me. I would not listen to people when they tried to help me. I think I know everything. Over the last 24 hours I’ve finally realized I was wrong. I’m my own worst enemy and I need help. I have betrayed your trust and I owe you money. I have never been willing to reach out and ask for help and that is what got me to the situation I’m facing today. I understand the feelings or thoughts that may be going through your head right now and the only thing I have to say is I sincerely apologize for doing what I did. When I made that mistake, I did not admit it and I kept trying to cover it up by selling more inventory to pay people slowly. Today I finally realize I’m only creating a bigger hole. Until I put a stop to it and admit my fault, it’s just going to get worse. Today I want to admit to you that I owe you money for a piece or more you have had on consignment with me, but at this current moment, I do not have the money to repay it. I am not going to run and hide like a coward. I am not going to file bankruptcy and screw anyone over. I will pay you in full what I owe. If I could ask for one favor, that would be to give me time to call each and everyone of you and talk to you personally before making any decisions or putting this message or situation out online. I understand everyone is going to immediately want to call me and get answers or a quick resolution. Please give me time to reach out to you and start the process of fixing the mess I’m in. Again, I apologize. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart and understand this has ruined all trust you had in me. I will call you and we can talk and I will do my best to fix this. My first step in starting is clearing my head and I’m on my way to an AA meeting for the next couple hours. Please give me time to reach out to you
That’s quite a statement. Sounds like some serious work ahead.
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 02:04 AM   #70
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmclees View Post
Tugger is Anthony.
Coach is Anthony.

He has many sides to him. He contains multitudes.

Watch salesman extraordinaire, male prostitute, and financial coach all rolled into one hilarious package.
Dude get some class and grow up.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 02:06 AM   #71
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
What is it about AF that brings out the loser stunted 12 year olds? Tugger -- ha ha -- look at me I made a funny.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 02:11 AM   #72
Olive Drab
"TRF" Member

Watch: Timex Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Interesting question^^ Now will the "robbery" at his rental home come back up and be reinvestigated? Was that a scam also? So many layers.
There are so many red flags at this point, the odds of this being a scam are probably more likely than not. This whole thing is like check kiting, but with people's watches, and the misappropriated funds associated with their alleged sales. Once these get out of control with robbing peter to pay paul, the scam falls apart and the crook gets exposed. It would be interesting to see the real dollar amount and the geographic spread of the victims. I would implore anyone wrapped up in this to file a local police report, contact their state AG's office, and file a tip here or at IC3 https://tips.fbi.gov/home If there are victims in a smaller judicial district, the USAO may have an interest due to the niche nature of this case and the fact that elders are most likely victims here.
Olive Drab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 02:12 AM   #73
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMD View Post
What is it about AF that brings out the loser stunted 12 year olds? Tugger -- ha ha -- look at me I made a funny.
it's the reddit crowd, where being homophobic is cool apparently. pretty sad
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 11:24 AM   #74
Rico_Brasole
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
he had a good thing going when he was with marco in that small office back when they just started doing the day in the life of vlogs. then he just went full hollywood with what looks like borrowed money lol

Agreed. His initial content was fun to watch. Then it just became ridiculous. Marco was smart to break off and do his own thing. One seemed to truly enjoy the hobby the other saw it as a quick buck.

Rico_Brasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 06:48 PM   #75
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

So... just another of MANY typical stories of yet another self-believed 'influencer' who 'hustled' his way to the eventual bottom. (yawn)

The Internet is littered with such stories of addicts, etc too. Nothing special at all.

A cautionary tale for both <cough> 'influencers' </cough> and especially those who consider doing 'business' with such types even after the many obvious red flags.

Hopefully TRF members learn from others' mistakes in dealing with such hustlers. The real question is, did anyone here on TRF ignore the obvious many red flags, and will you ensure justice is done so others are not harmed?
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 July 2023, 08:11 PM   #76
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by enjoythemusic View Post
So... just another of MANY typical stories of yet another self-believed 'influencer' who 'hustled' his way to the eventual bottom. (yawn)

The Internet is littered with such stories of addicts, etc too. Nothing special at all.

A cautionary tale for both <cough> 'influencers' </cough> and especially those who consider doing 'business' with such types even after the many obvious red flags.

Hopefully TRF members learn from others' mistakes in dealing with such hustlers. The real question is, did anyone here on TRF ignore the obvious many red flags, and will you ensure justice is done so others are not harmed?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing however you are right there were so many red flags here the wind stop blowing.

Bloody madness.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 01:36 AM   #77
Booth9999
"TRF" Member

He is just buying time, seems more of the same old stuff. I like the part where he says please just let me call you before you do anything. SMH
Booth9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 02:14 AM   #78
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booth9999 View Post
He is just buying time, seems more of the same old stuff. I like the part where he says please just let me call you before you do anything. SMH
No. See if you can find an atty to file suit. Get Anthony served, see if he answers. If so, discovery will be fun! If not, default judgment and start the process of collecting. It’s a pain but also ask for costs and attorney fees.

If the you received the message alleged to be from Anthony, attach it to the Complaint.

You can’t trust the word of a narcissist.
Old 30 July 2023, 02:35 AM   #79
ronricks
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimpee View Post
No. See if you can find an atty to file suit. Get Anthony served, see if he answers. If so, discovery will be fun! If not, default judgment and start the process of collecting. It’s a pain but also ask for costs and attorney fees.

If the you received the message alleged to be from Anthony, attach it to the Complaint.

Can’t squeeze blood from a turnip. He doesn’t have any money or assets.
ronricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 04:17 AM   #80
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Future income.... hurry as first come first served. We've already seen excuse after excuse quite a few times. Oh woe is me, the drama, not my fault.... Ok, you got me, it is my fault but...

Why wait?

See what the judge says, they've surely seen this many, many times and can help with a proper solution. There's nothing special or out of the ordinary, so yes a judge has probably seen this many times and there's a solution.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Old 30 July 2023, 04:25 AM   #81
Auric Goldfinger
Banned

Quote:

Bob’s Watches has a lawsuit against him currently.
Auric Goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2023, 04:40 AM   #82
Slimpee
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric Goldfinger View Post
Bob’s Watches has a lawsuit against him currently.
Gotcha. I had heard that but haven’t reviewed the Complaint.
Old 30 July 2023, 04:46 AM   #83
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Gotcha. I had heard that but haven’t reviewed the Complaint.
ls.jpg

Recent video about it...

Old 1 August 2023, 03:55 AM   #84
taylorandrian
"TRF" Member

Numerous reasons though, first one being a 6th DUI, imminent return to prison for it, evading arrest, and blamed pins in his feet for not being able to do resulting sobriety test. No threats though, that's just his cover for not being able to post while in the pen.
Nox Vidmate VLC
taylorandrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2023, 08:25 AM   #85
michaelmclees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
it's the reddit crowd, where being homophobic is cool apparently. pretty sad
There's nothing homophobic about calling out hilarity and Farrer gives quite the show. His saga is hilarious, if nothing else. Finding out that the main subject of it has an alternate persona named Travis Baker who does erotic gay massage for men is hilarious.

https://rentmasseur.com/travisbaker

Look at pic 2 - he's wearing an ankle monitor in the picture and trying to hide it with sweatpants.

You can't make that up if you tried.
michaelmclees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2023, 09:18 AM   #86
2ltdjorn
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710BLNR
seems to make the trusted sellers look like a solid option. buy your seller!

honestly its tragic, sad to see anyone with addiction issues self destruct.

but flabbergasted at how many re-starts he has had.

seems like anyone with some sort of intelligence, and integrity should be able to enter the trade and succeed.

First GTG El Paso Nov 2016, WISCON 2019.

Would rather be on the river, somewhere.
2ltdjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2023, 09:29 AM   #87
Rico_Brasole
Banned

Quote:
There's nothing homophobic about calling out hilarity and Farrer gives quite the show. His saga is hilarious, if nothing else. Finding out that the main subject of it has an alternate persona named Travis Baker who does erotic gay massage for men is hilarious.

https://rentmasseur.com/travisbaker

Look at pic 2 - he's wearing an ankle monitor in the picture and trying to hide it with sweatpants.

You can't make that up if you tried.

Holy Gynecomastia!!!

Don’t do steroids ladies and gentleman. Looking good for a few years isn’t worth it.

Rico_Brasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 August 2023, 09:30 AM   #88
michaelmclees
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ltdjorn View Post
seems like anyone with some sort of intelligence, and integrity should be able to enter the trade and succeed.
If you should tell Anthony that he'd reply that such a lifestyle is below him as it will not allow him to lease 6 Lamborghinis and eat at Del Frisco every night. The guy isn't an addition tragedy story - he's an extreme narcissist and cautionary tale against delusions of grandeur.
michaelmclees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2023, 02:03 AM   #89
RichardBartlett
"TRF" Member

Quote:
There's nothing homophobic .......
I had the misfortune to look at Redit to see what was going on and tbf it does seem filled with rather immature men hiding behind non de plume's to say rather childish and extremely homophobic made up stuff..

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheTpGentle..._his_slice_of/
RichardBartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 August 2023, 02:11 AM   #90
herts9
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
The person I feel the worst for in this whole affair is his kid.
herts9 is offline   Reply With Quote