The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 January 2024, 04:54 AM   #1
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/Rolex
Got the call for a Pepsi, BUT…

Back in January 2022 I registered my interest at one of two Rolex AD’s that I am a continuous customer with for a BLRO on oyster bracelet. At the time, I knew it could be a lengthy wait or that I may never get the call at all.

Fast forward to December 2022 and I receive an email from the AD stating that my watch is coming in, upon first seeing it there was instant delight, however, I quickly realised there was an issue. The issue being that I was in the middle of a 2 month trip at work in the Middle East and this specific group in the UK has a strict collection policy. Their policy states the watch must be collected by only the person who registered for it within 7 days. Unable to do this I had to pass on the watch, obviously quite gutted as it’s a watch I’ve wanted since it was released.

When I explained the situation, my SA was quite sympathetic and said that the next Pepsi that came in when I was back in the UK would have my name on it. Upon hearing this I didn’t feel quite so bad upon missing out thinking I’d get the call again soon.

Now here’s the BUT… it’s been over 13 months since I got the call and they haven’t offered me the watch again. I’ve since been into the store and been in contact via email to let them know when I’m home, but nothing. In fact it’s worse than nothing as I received an email a few months back asking if I was still interested in the BLRO, to which I got my hopes up thinking they were going to offer it again, but then when I stated I was still interested they basically said “it’s very difficult to get at the moment, would you like to change your register of interest to another watch”.

I can’t help but feel annoyed, what are your thoughts?
grahammackay86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 04:59 AM   #2
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
It’s unfortunate that you were away when the first watch became available.

Are you still working with the same associate?
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 05:03 AM   #3
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post

I’m currently still registered for the Pepsi and two other watches with them, I haven’t purchased a watch since late 2021 there.
Old 25 January 2024, 05:09 AM   #4
The OG Beef
"TRF" Member

Ridiculous policy. One of many reasons I went with a small, family owned AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The OG Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 05:17 AM   #5
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OG Beef View Post
Ridiculous policy. One of many reasons I went with a small, family owned AD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, the main AD I use is a family owned one and they just keep the watch in the safe until you’re ready to collect it, no hassle at all.
Old 25 January 2024, 05:24 AM   #6
Apdl
"TRF" Member

That is a ridiculous policy.
Sorry to hear that
Apdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 05:25 AM   #7
Carbon Brakes
Banned

You miss every shot you don't take. You will never be offered a Pepsi again from that AD.
Carbon Brakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 05:26 AM   #8
cerendigit
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio digital
Life is short, get it from a reputable gray dealer, then move on and worry about more important things in your life.
cerendigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 05:35 AM   #9
Law52
"TRF" Member

Watch: Hmmmm
Did you offer to pay for it and collect upon your return? As a good customer, I can’t see how they would be concerned whether it was on your arm or in there safe for a month as long as they had your money.
Law52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:02 AM   #10
espanol
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Trusty Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerendigit View Post
Life is short, get it from a reputable gray dealer, then move on and worry about more important things in your life.
+1, without a single doubt.

Get one new, unworn. Yeah you pay a little more, but if you do eventually get the call you can always sell the first.
espanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:19 AM   #11
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
That's too bad. Have you reminded them that they told you the next one to come in is yours?
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 07:47 AM   #12
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahammackay86 View Post
Yes, the main AD I use is a family owned one and they just keep the watch in the safe until you’re ready to collect it, no hassle at all.
Same with my AD. I've known them to keep a blue Sky Dweller for months because a customer was out of the country.

I was put off buying the Harrods BB because of the in store collection within 14 days requirement (now moot), but at least you could send a nominated representative in for you.

The AD with the 7 days in person collection policy is trying to tell you what is more important to them. In case you didn't take the hint the first time the subsequent wait tells you all you need to know.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 08:03 AM   #13
piratfisk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16233, 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Brakes View Post
You miss every shot you don't take. You will never be offered a Pepsi again from that AD.
I believe this to be true in this day & age.
Quote:
This sounds like a great CoA. I support this, OP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisb View Post
That's too bad. Have you reminded them that they told you the next one to come in is yours?
If it wasn't in writing, they never said it. There is no loyalty to new buyers.

Wishlist: 128236; 5396G; 15550ST; 384.029
piratfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 09:24 AM   #14
dlddrrr
"TRF" Member

Watch: LV, DD, BLNR, ND
If I were you in Dec 2022, I would’ve flown back home to pay and collect the watch, then fly back to the Middle East over the span of a weekend. Or I would’ve told work that I had extremely violent diarrhea and need to take some time off work.

From what I’ve been told by my AD and what I read on TRF, production of Pepsi is either very limited or non-existent due to a problem making the red part of the bezel. Might as well ask for a Sprite instead at this point.
dlddrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 09:46 AM   #15
JC316
"TRF" Member

In my opinion, part of buying a luxury watch is the experience.

The experience should be great!
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 09:48 AM   #16
rrags
"TRF" Member

Watch: OP39, SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlddrrr View Post
If I were you in Dec 2022, I would’ve flown back home to pay and collect the watch, then fly back to the Middle East over the span of a weekend. Or I would’ve told work that I had extremely violent diarrhea and need to take some time off work.

From what I’ve been told by my AD and what I read on TRF, production of Pepsi is either very limited or non-existent due to a problem making the red part of the bezel. Might as well ask for a Sprite instead at this point.
+1.

I wonder if part of the reason for the no call since has been the assumed issue with the BLRO production and ADs not receiving them.
rrags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 09:53 AM   #17
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
I was out of the country for My last 3 AD collections. I had to provide a letter stating I was away and citing my family member who would be collecting in my absence. No issues.

Sorry that your AD wouldn’t accommodate your situation. Mine is Mayor’s owned by Watches of Switzerland
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 11:01 AM   #18
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
I was out of the country for My last 3 AD collections. I had to provide a letter stating I was away and citing my family member who would be collecting in my absence. No issues.

Sorry that your AD wouldn’t accommodate your situation. Mine is Mayor’s owned by Watches of Switzerland

You had to provide a letter, like a note from Mom for a field trip?
Old 25 January 2024, 11:11 AM   #19
4 Aussies
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Blue Sky
Quote:
+3
4 Aussies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 11:15 AM   #20
favx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
No better way to say this.
favx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 05:09 PM   #21
painexpert
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Back in January 2022 I registered my interest at one of two Rolex AD’s that I am a continuous customer with for a BLRO on oyster bracelet. At the time, I knew it could be a lengthy wait or that I may never get the call at all.

Fast forward to December 2022 and I receive an email from the AD stating that my watch is coming in, upon first seeing it there was instant delight, however, I quickly realised there was an issue. The issue being that I was in the middle of a 2 month trip at work in the Middle East and this specific group in the UK has a strict collection policy. Their policy states the watch must be collected by only the person who registered for it within 7 days. Unable to do this I had to pass on the watch, obviously quite gutted as it’s a watch I’ve wanted since it was released.

When I explained the situation, my SA was quite sympathetic and said that the next Pepsi that came in when I was back in the UK would have my name on it. Upon hearing this I didn’t feel quite so bad upon missing out thinking I’d get the call again soon.

Now here’s the BUT… it’s been over 13 months since I got the call and they haven’t offered me the watch again. I’ve since been into the store and been in contact via email to let them know when I’m home, but nothing. In fact it’s worse than nothing as I received an email a few months back asking if I was still interested in the BLRO, to which I got my hopes up thinking they were going to offer it again, but then when I stated I was still interested they basically said “it’s very difficult to get at the moment, would you like to change your register of interest to another watch”.

More AD BS. Couldn't you pay for it online or send a cashiers check? Tell them that so and so will pick it up for you. Hell you will have already paid for it.

"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"-Oscar Wilde

"Never Allow Someone To Be Your Priority While Allowing Yourself To Be Their Option"-Mark Twain
painexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:09 PM   #22
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:

I think that ship has sailed.

I recommend, as the grey market is so low right now, buy and enjoy your Pepsi. If you ever do get the call, sell the grey one, you likely wouldn’t lose much.

Best of both worlds and you can start enjoying your watch
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:32 PM   #23
Andad

Watch: A few.
I think you have had your chance.

That AD policy is the worst.

As has been said either move on to another AD and start this time wasting exercise again, buy second hand, or go grey?

ps. We need more Scottish pledge members Graham HLI.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 06:38 PM   #24
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post

I have the same question: are you working with the same SA?
If so, then what does he/she say about this long delay?
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 09:48 PM   #25
rmlovett1

Watch: YTBD
If you’re able….go grey and get a new one on your wrist within 24-48 hrs. Time vs money IMO.
rmlovett1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 09:54 PM   #26
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Such is the game and it does not make it any easier. I would go to a Trusted Seller, buy the watch and go on with it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2024, 10:51 PM   #27
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law52 View Post
Did you offer to pay for it and collect upon your return? As a good customer, I can’t see how they would be concerned whether it was on your arm or in there safe for a month as long as they had your money.

Yeah, I offered to pay for it straight away and collect upon my return or even have my brother who lives close to the AD pick it up within the 7 days. This wasn’t allowed as per their policy.
Old 25 January 2024, 10:53 PM   #28
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlddrrr View Post

Unfortunately due to the nature of my work I was unable to fly back to the UK to collect the watch, I would have made the trip if it was possible!

Yeah the limited Pepsi production isn’t helping the matter.
Old 25 January 2024, 10:57 PM   #29
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post

That’s interesting to hear as the AD is one operated by WOS and apparently it’s their policy which isn’t flexible at all.

My previous watch from that AD was collected by my brother as I was away then also, I guess the policy wasn’t in place then.
Old 25 January 2024, 11:00 PM   #30
grahammackay86
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
I think that ship has sailed.

I recommend, as the grey market is so low right now, buy and enjoy your Pepsi. If you ever do get the call, sell the grey one, you likely wouldn’t lose much.

Best of both worlds and you can start enjoying your watch

Yeah this is what I’m considering now, I’ve never gone grey for a watch but wouldn’t go too wrong doing it this way.