The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 12 April 2020, 11:37 AM   #31
evlkoala
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub
Just wait for a few more months. Not at this moment. Patience is the key.
evlkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 11:43 AM   #32
Marchy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyhats View Post
I don’t think anyone would wish a recession, that’s just not good for anyone. I do think a lot of members wished that the hype would die down so that pieces became available. Most people see a market price as MSRP and paying anything over that is not smart. Anyone that can pay 10.5 for a pepsi (incl tax) can very well pay 16 for the watch if need be, just not a good way to spend money when you know the true value is only 10.5. No malice from any forum member.
I'm also wondering why wanting to be able to buy at MSRP is being equated by some people as wishing for a recession. Would it not be nice to be able to buy at MSRP even in a booming economy?
Marchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 11:52 AM   #33
jerryguo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, Lange
once it’s started it’s like an avalanche, most of the inflated prices were driven by social media before. i suspect the prices will continue to drop in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jerryguo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 12:37 PM   #34
peterpl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchNutcase View Post
Oh how wordy Harry. People are going to take advantage of the "bargain" pricing, but that doesn't mean they've wished doom on the world.
Honestly I dont wish for economic disaster that is stupid to buy a damn stupid watch. I've lost $600k+ on shares and I own a property portfolio > 10 houses.

Now only a 5% decline in those and I could afford to buy any ROLEX i want. Wishing for economic disaster to save a few grand is totally utter stupid.

But I do want to see a softening in Rolex prices because it was driven by idiots on social media and by people buying up all these pieces by taking out loans for the mere fact of flipping. This is a hobby and it should remain as such.

It should not be used by gullible naive people that a luxury watch is any form of investment whatsoever. This horology art should go back to watch lovers only and be a passion and hobby only. Fullstop.
peterpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 12:58 PM   #35
Theoffice
"TRF" Member

Watch: Chnr, hulk, sub d
WOW 12 dollars under 15k! What a breakthrough!!
Theoffice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2020, 01:04 PM   #36
Marchy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpl View Post
Honestly I dont wish for economic disaster that is stupid to buy a damn stupid watch. I've lost $600k+ on shares and I own a property portfolio > 10 houses.

Now only a 5% decline in those and I could afford to buy any ROLEX i want. Wishing for economic disaster to save a few grand is totally utter stupid.

But I do want to see a softening in Rolex prices because it was driven by idiots on social media and by people buying up all these pieces by taking out loans for the mere fact of flipping. This is a hobby and it should remain as such.

It should not be used by gullible naive people that a luxury watch is any form of investment whatsoever. This horology art should go back to watch lovers only and be a passion and hobby only. Fullstop.
Thank you for your insights! I hope things get much better soon for all of us. I also do have properties, so I share your pain.
Marchy is offline   Reply With Quote