The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 26 August 2021, 02:46 AM   #91
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1665fan View Post
I was agreeing with you…….I guess we are the only ones that know AD does this lol…..and yes he might have blown his chance at that AD, such BS games really
Oooops. My bad. Here, I’ll do it to myself
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 02:52 AM   #92
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
Glad to see you have realized my posts are generally thoughtful and caring. Although sometimes people find it easier to shoot the messenger than absorb and appreciate the message. I try hard on substance, but the delivery is sometimes misinterpreted.

Like the AD clerk , she tried hard , then her intentions were misconstrued.
No conspiracy there, just human error.
That’s your opinion, and I’ll grant you may be correct, but I don’t think so. If it was not intentional, then I think it is unacceptable for a Rolex AD representative to not know the difference between white and silver. To the laymen, it probably looks exactly the same, but the AD SAs are SUPPOSED to be the experts. I am not talking about the BPH of the movement knowledge, but basics like the color of the dial is pretty blatant.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 03:17 AM   #93
smym18
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
You know, I kind of agree with this. My opinion is that the AD was thinking: “He’ll take it anyway” and just kept telling him what he wanted to hear. Just MHO.
Makes me wonder how in demand these watches truly are these days? The fact that they need to try to push a clearly wrong dial choice watch on a new client is... interesting. Isn't everything basically sold before they receive it? Why did they even contact Jesse if he's not a direct client? Shouldn't there already be a client waiting for this specific [seemingly popular] DJ?
smym18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 August 2021, 03:19 AM   #94
JParm
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smym18 View Post
Why did they even contact Jesse if he's not a direct client? Shouldn't there already be a client waiting for this specific [seemingly popular] DJ?
I was wondering that when she called me a week and a half after I had reached out. As in, how many people did I jump to get the call, considering I had no previous relationship?
Old 26 August 2021, 07:55 AM   #95
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Funny story. Walked into my AD a couple years ago to order a Blue 41mm DJ stainless steel bezel on Oyster. The owners wife and a very smart gal says got just what you want in the case. Walked over and it was exactly what I wanted but with a fluted bezel in white gold. Said to her it’s not the stainless bezel but white gold. She didn’t realize that. Same gal that sold me a Black Daytona , an Explorer, a Milgauss . Even funnier she was going to give it to me for the stainless price before I interrupted her. So human error or a ruse to blow out a very popularly watch below retail? She knew her Rolex’s pretty well, except that tiny detail.

Rolex doesn’t require staff to be wis people, like most here are. So errors do happen. Just saying.
PS store lights and poor vision sometimes come into play. Those halogen lights are brutal sometimes.
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 02:01 AM   #96
NiJaRo1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP and Rolex
Yeah…..I’d be *super* disappointed. Sounds like you handled it smoothly though; my guess is they’re going to try and get you what you really wanted.

On another note: some of these comments, lol….social media never fails to entertain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NiJaRo1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 August 2021, 03:42 AM   #97
Tensai
"TRF" Member

Watch: all the good ones
Definitely disappointing.
But people make mistakes and have horrible days.
I try to give people a second chance, as sometimes it works out well for all.
Best of luck to all involved.
Tensai is offline   Reply With Quote