The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 24 October 2021, 08:09 AM   #1
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

A. Lange & Sohne - Question

ALS enthusiasts / experts, please help me with a couple of questions about the 1815 …

I recently went into my local ALS AD, and tried on the Saxonia and 1815 and Lange 1 … love them all, but I love the Blue hands of the 1815.

The 38.5mm was a perfect fit for my wrist.

One problem … I am not a fan of Rose (pink) Gold, but found through my research, that ALS used to make the 1815 in Yellow Gold (my preference).

Questions …

When did ALS first introduce the 1815 line, specifically the two hand w/ “small seconds” ?

What years were this watch made in Yellow Gold ?

Thanks.
Big Tex Rolex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 08:11 AM   #2
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 October 2021, 08:17 AM   #3
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
I think I have seen an 1815 in yellow gold. Try chrono 24

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 09:03 AM   #4
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

I would try langepedia.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 October 2021, 09:07 AM   #5
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pw92676 View Post
I would try langepedia.
Thank you !!
Old 24 October 2021, 12:49 PM   #6
ReturningSon
"TRF" Member

Watch: ALS, Rolex, Seiko
I believe the yellow gold was made only for the OG 36mm reference and then the later 40mm reference. The current 38.5mm I dont think Ive ever seen in yelllow. Why source the yellow would be my question? Langes rose gold is the nicest in the biz imo
Old 24 October 2021, 01:32 PM   #7
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningSon View Post
I believe the yellow gold was made only for the OG 36mm reference and then the later 40mm reference. The current 38.5mm I dont think Ive ever seen in yelllow. Why source the yellow would be my question? Langes rose gold is the nicest in the biz imo
I believe that the current 38.5mm 1815 was made in yellow gold briefly, and then discontinued shortly thereafter. Picture below to show it, see far left piece.

OP, I was in the same boat initially, but after trying on the rose gold variation I actually took to it. Plus, as it patinas it turns more yellow so, you'll eventually get the color you had initially preferred.

[IMG][/IMG]
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2021, 12:59 AM   #8
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post
I believe that the current 38.5mm 1815 was made in yellow gold briefly, and then discontinued shortly thereafter. Picture below to show it, see far left piece.

OP, I was in the same boat initially, but after trying on the rose gold variation I actually took to it. Plus, as it patinas it turns more yellow so, you'll eventually get the color you had initially preferred.

[IMG][/IMG]
Thank you, that is a good picture for comparison, and even a better description of your experience.

I do not dislike the “Pink Gold” per say, I just like Yellow Gold more … and, perhaps more importantly, I collect cufflinks also … all my gold cufflinks are Yellow Gold … I’m not starting that over !!! Lol

Also, I would wear this watch with a Tuxedo, and all my stud sets are YG, and some were my father’s. No way I’m switching off those.

I actually went to my AD, who is actually an ALS Boutique, looking for a Breguet (this AD is also a Breguet Boutique) since Breguet is one of the last watch makers still making a Yellow Gold, two or three hand / simple dress watch … also PP Calatrava, but not the one I like … and put on for the first time, and fell in love with the ALS 1815.

The Breguet (5177) just fitting a little too big on my wrist, with those near straight lugs.
Old 27 October 2021, 12:12 PM   #9
Gotwire
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex Rolex View Post
ALS enthusiasts / experts, please help me with a couple of questions about the 1815 …

I recently went into my local ALS AD, and tried on the Saxonia and 1815 and Lange 1 … love them all, but I love the Blue hands of the 1815.

The 38.5mm was a perfect fit for my wrist.

One problem … I am not a fan of Rose (pink) Gold, but found through my research, that ALS used to make the 1815 in Yellow Gold (my preference).

Questions …

When did ALS first introduce the 1815 line, specifically the two hand w/ “small seconds” ?

What years were this watch made in Yellow Gold ?

Thanks.
The source for all Lange models.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...#gid=775839619
Gotwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2021, 01:10 PM   #10
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotwire View Post
Wow ... thank you.
Old 27 October 2021, 02:02 PM   #11
David5807
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Tex Rolex View Post
Thank you, that is a good picture for comparison, and even a better description of your experience.

I do not dislike the “Pink Gold” per say, I just like Yellow Gold more … and, perhaps more importantly, I collect cufflinks also … all my gold cufflinks are Yellow Gold … I’m not starting that over !!! Lol

Also, I would wear this watch with a Tuxedo, and all my stud sets are YG, and some were my father’s. No way I’m switching off those.

I actually went to my AD, who is actually an ALS Boutique, looking for a Breguet (this AD is also a Breguet Boutique) since Breguet is one of the last watch makers still making a Yellow Gold, two or three hand / simple dress watch … also PP Calatrava, but not the one I like … and put on for the first time, and fell in love with the ALS 1815.

The Breguet (5177) just fitting a little too big on my wrist, with those near straight lugs.
I would go give the rose gold another try. The color is surprisingly warmer than you may think. Here is a picture of another model in rose gold in the light that practically makes it look yellow.

[IMG][/IMG]
David5807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 October 2021, 11:55 PM   #12
Big Tex Rolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David5807 View Post
I would go give the rose gold another try. The color is surprisingly warmer than you may think. Here is a picture of another model in rose gold in the light that practically makes it look yellow.

[IMG][/IMG]
I will say that ALS is the best looking of the Rose tinted (and really Copper tinted is a better descriptor to me) from all the watch makers … IMO.