The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 6 October 2009, 02:31 PM   #1
modu
"TRF" Member

Rolex 116203 Just stopped, What do I do?

Hi, I'm new to the site so pl help through this times of absolute panic!!!!

I just (31 days ago) got a Rolex 116203 Gold and Steel with Arabic numbers, BTW It is absolutely gorgeous!

About 6 days ago while on holiday it just stopped working, no movement whatsoever! I've done all the steps in winding it and pushing the crown back in hundreds of times and still nothing!

The online seller was swissluxury.com and from what I just found out, they do NOT have authentic Rolex parts and the warranty they offer is only through them, not with rolex.... Also the warranty paperwork comes with a different model name, it says steel with diamonds, instead of two toned.

Everything looks and feels fine, what do you think, What would you do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 116203.jpg (102.2 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg warranty 116203.jpg (99.9 KB, 239 views)
Old 6 October 2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
If you bought the watch through Swissluxury, then their warranty is the one you need to understand. Check their paperwork - not the Rolex warranty that they included, it is not valid, and give them a call.

Your other option is to send it in to Rolex and pay their repair cost..
Old 6 October 2009, 02:57 PM   #3
modu
"TRF" Member

Thanks for your quick reply, but I'm afraid I'm particularly slow these days.....I didn't quit get what you said...
Is this normal?
I don't think is fair that after all the money spent, I should get a "lemon" watch.
Why would Rolex charge me? Isn't it covered? can I go to the BBB with this? In your experience, you think I can get either a replacement or my money back?

I'm soooo sad :-(

Sorry for all the trouble, Tania
Old 6 October 2009, 03:14 PM   #4
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Quote:
Originally Posted by modu View Post
Thanks for your quick reply, but I'm afraid I'm particularly slow these days.....I didn't quit get what you said...
Is this normal?
I don't think is fair that after all the money spent, I should get a "lemon" watch.
Why would Rolex charge me? Isn't it covered? can I go to the BBB with this? In your experience, you think I can get either a replacement or my money back?
Tania

No, it's not normal... It's actually quite rare for a Rolex to break so soon. But, sometimes stuff breaks..

..fair..., I can't answer that, but I don't see anything unfair either.... I also think it unlikely that this is a "lemon".... it's just a broken watch..

Rolex will charge you because you didn't buy it from an authorized Rolex Dealer... you bypassed them by buying from an on-line Dealer, which Rolex does not authorize..

... You don't have a claim to go to the BBB with... What would your complaint be if you haven't even discussed it with the vendor yet ?

And last.. can you get a replacement or your money back ?: I don't know.. Swissluxury is a reliable company... I would think that they would either fix it, replace it, or refund.... have you asked them ?
Old 6 October 2009, 03:36 PM   #5
Damavand
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six...!!!....
Modu,

Sorry to hear about your problem but, give SWISSLUXURY a call and let them know what has happened to your watch...

Don't jump the gun yet...let them know about the malfunction first, and let them respond to it...

I am very confident they will take care of the problem.
Old 6 October 2009, 11:07 PM   #6
2th Dr
Banned

Watch: Rolex
I agree, Swiss Luxury is a reputable company, and if you tell them what's going on, I'm sure they will take care of it, one way or the other.
Old 7 August 2010, 11:19 PM   #7
welem

If swissluxury is a reputable company, how can the give you the wrong paperwork to begin with? It just doesn't sound tight to me...
Old 7 August 2010, 11:32 PM   #8
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by welem View Post
If swissluxury is a reputable company, how can the give you the wrong paperwork to begin with? It just doesn't sound tight to me...
Since the thread is nearly a year old and these are the only two posts the member ever made I guess we'll never know.