The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 April 2018, 04:44 PM   #61
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler1980 View Post

the vast majority don't bother to look at the origin of the OP for context. Then apply "general" advice that is often outdated as the market is considerably different in the past year everywhere, and especially so in the UK where we have been dealing with it for longer.

My AD gives me a token discount a lot of times, nothing to brag about but its because of loyalty. A VAT return tourist gets O% even on a Pt daytona, where as i could get one, not a great one though.
Exactly!

Yes discount wise I’m talking 5% plus, repeat/good customers can still get token discounts across the board.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2018, 04:57 PM   #62
SeaDweller50
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M 2 liner
Quote:
IMO its a non issue. Most non locals are ineligible to buy waitlist pieces and those are mostly the ones where the warranty card is retained. Hardly any AD is going to put a non-local on a SS daytona waitlist.
Indeed. Good point.
SeaDweller50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 12:29 AM   #63
beshannon
"TRF" Member

Watch: One of Not Many
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=601510
Vacheron Constantin Traditionnelle Complete Calendar, Glashutte PanoInverse, Glashutte SeaQ Panorama Date, Omega Aqua Terra 150, Omega CK 859, Omega Speedmaster 3861 Moonwatch, Glashutte Senator Exellence, Rolex 116710 GMT Master II BLNR, Breitling Superocean Steelfish, JLC Atmos Transparent
beshannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 02:50 AM   #64
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
this forum represents maybe 1% of rolex/fine watch buyers, diehards, nerds, whatever you want to call us... we're 99% more likely to get a 10-20% discount than the average buyer on the street who simple might politely ask once, and upon being told "I'm sorry, we don't discount" simply smiles and says "no worries, just figured I'd ask"

My friend owns a well established Bay Area AD and sells PP as well, he said maybe 10% of buyers even ask for the discount, and when they do, he never gives in... being that I live near some of the wealthiest people in the world (Atherton, Woodside, Palo Alto, etc), he never has a problem selling even a TT Rolex for full price.
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 02:53 AM   #65
Uhtred59
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570
Shocking, l say shocking.
Old 2 May 2018, 02:53 AM   #66
HAL330
Banned

Watch: xyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJRJRJ View Post
With few exceptions, I'd say that only suckers pay full price.
must be a LOT of suckers out there then buying Rolex, because the majority do.
HAL330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 03:06 AM   #67
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
With few exceptions, I'd say that only suckers pay full price.

i pay retail and dont "wait" for any watch i ask for. Ill pay retail for the SS BLRO too.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 03:34 AM   #68
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL330 View Post
must be a LOT of suckers out there then buying Rolex, because the majority do.

I agree, but as I said, with few exceptions. The current Rolex situation is something I've never experienced, but that's still only a few different models that you should be paying full price for.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 03:35 AM   #69
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I agree, but as I said, with few exceptions. The current Rolex situation is something I've never experienced, but that's still only a few different models that you should be paying full price for.
its quickly becoming the entire SS professional range. In london it extends to pretty much any SS watch and any Rolex professional watch regardless of metal. Its the exception to find one they will discount.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
Old 2 May 2018, 04:57 AM   #70
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:

i pay retail and dont "wait" for any watch i ask for. Ill pay retail for the SS BLRO too.
Yep I buy the majority of my watches at full retail which given the current climate and secondary market pricing I’d class it as a discount

I do still get 3% back on my my purchase through a reward card so that’s better then nothing!
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2018, 05:02 AM   #71
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC11 View Post
Yep I buy the majority of my watches at full retail which given the current climate and secondary market pricing I’d class it as a discount

I do still get 3% back on my my purchase through a reward card so that’s better then nothing!
ill gladly take a discount when i can get it, but paying retail sometimes means you are aware of the market not that you are an idiot

I pay in USD... thats my discount although that discount is evaporating by the day.
Old 4 June 2018, 06:21 AM   #72
ECLS18
"TRF" Member

Anyone had experience getting discounts in Canada on DJ 36 116234 models? Went to a few but most said no discount with one agreeing to go up to 5% on DJ and 10% on YG DD36. When I bought my Sub and wife’s twin tone rose gold DJ in US I got. 19% off which I thought was decent.
Thoughts on prevailing discounts on DJ and DD? None of these watches are on wait list and are readily available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ECLS18 is offline   Reply With Quote