The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 May 2018, 10:03 AM   #61
Finslayer83
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt122 View Post
I still don’t have my warrantee card for my sub. It’s been a few months. The AD would give it to me, Rolex has not sent it to them yet....
It should of always been with the watch.

You’re store is full of it or has lost the card.
Finslayer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 10:09 AM   #62
Bt122
Banned

Watch: Ok...Watching
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finslayer83 View Post
It should of always been with the watch.

You’re store is full of it or has lost the card.

Could be... I keep checking in for it tho and they keep checking for me. I’m sure I’ll eventually Get it.

To be fair they told me about not having the card before I went to the store to buy
Bt122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 10:51 AM   #63
RJRJRJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Could be... I keep checking in for it tho and they keep checking for me. I’m sure I’ll eventually Get it.

To be fair they told me about not having the card before I went to the store to buy

They're BSing you.
RJRJRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 10:53 AM   #64
fel2718
"TRF" Member

Watch: Subs + GMTs
I just bought my first Rolex in NY which was a stainless steel submariner and I left the store with everything. Definitely strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fel2718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 10:57 AM   #65
Bigblu10
Banned

Quote:
I still don’t have my warrantee card for my sub. It’s been a few months. The AD would give it to me, Rolex has not sent it to them yet....
Biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. The warranty card is contained in the plastic shipping container with the watch and the hang tags. You need to call out your AD for this blatant lie.
Bigblu10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 11:02 AM   #66
yhzdude
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

i don t blame you, if they want to keep the box and the warranty card, they can keep the watch too.
it s ridiculous, what are we babies? in that case we should hold some money back for the box and paper, that s only fair.
yhzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 11:10 AM   #67
Michigan_State
"TRF" Member

Quote:

What bothers me about this, is that they almost certainly BSing you. I‘d say, next time, take your money and buy elsewhere. Unfortunately, though, there‘s no watches to be had, elsewhere
Old 14 May 2018, 11:46 AM   #68
BIGTEX
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona, Sub, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyspped51 View Post
I graduated with a masters degree and wanted to reward myself. Ever since I was 10 I wanted a Rolex. I’m on vacation in San Antonio and at the northstar mall there’s an ad. They had 1 sub left and was going to buy it. The salesperson said it’s a new policy that they keep the warranty card and box for 6 months because of the watch being in high demand. It kinda left a bad taste in my mouth. They said they would give me a small plastic case to put my watch in. When I buy something I’m used to getting the whole product. It’s like buying a car but it doesn’t come with tires. Should I go to another ad or is this the norm?
First, congrats on the Master's degree.

For what it's worth, I'm aware of a "high demand" purchase there just last week by a local regular customer who did not deal with such nonsense. Perhaps the so-called policy is selectively applied to new or out-of-state customers.

I don't blame you... buy elsewhere. You should fully enjoy your first purchase and reward for your accomplishment.
BIGTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 12:14 PM   #69
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
When you see the shot.
TAKE IT.

Speaking from experience.
You may not be sure you will be able to get it when you want to somewhere else otherwise.
This practice is going to become more the norm everywhere if you don't have a relationship with the dealer.
I also recommend going back to the dealer and discuss the issue with them and let them understand your shock/dissmay at the situation and that you had go consult with an internet forum for confirmation and to gain a deeper understanding of this requirement as it's so unusual.
I wouldn't be surprised if they loosen up on it in your particular case afterward.
If they don't loosen up on the holding of the Warranty card, then ask if they would consider offering you a discount?
It can't hurt to ask under the circumstances.

It's not like they are with holding it in perpetuity.
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 12:19 PM   #70
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan_State View Post
Unfortunately, though, there‘s no watches to be had, elsewhere
Yes.
This is becoming a reality.
Even in the USA.

Rolex doesn't have to bow and scrape to sell their cheapest and most sought after models.
Niether do their dealers.

They will sell under their own terms to the next person that walks in and wants it more than all the indignant ones that walk away.
Old 14 May 2018, 12:23 PM   #71
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
Zero way I would accept that. If they get all my money, I get all my merch. Simple as that. I'd buy elsewhere.
Hard_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 12:34 PM   #72
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by railgrail View Post
1. rolex is in essence a non-profit, donating most of their profits away. they are creating a fake market, but everything today is manipulated and fake so not surprising. (look at the SNB buying up stocks.)
2. an AD holding back anything to do w/ the retail product is actually illegal; the msrp INCLUDES the ENTIRE product, which in this case is the box, cards, etc.
3. chumps buying from deranged AD's and gray dealers here are what's allowing for all this nonsense.
The problem is.
It's not nonsense.
It's a new reality.

Besides the AD in question was up front prior to the sale and they aren't denying anybody the right to have the package in its entireity.
There's just a bit of a delay getting the least important bit as far as they are concerned.
The Warranty will still be honoured if and or when there's the unlikely event of an issue with the watch within the first 6 months period.
The Warranty is for 5 years and i'll bet 2 pennies to the pound there's more likelihood of an issue later on in the warranty period.
Old 14 May 2018, 12:43 PM   #73
uhren917
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyspped51 View Post
....The salesperson said it’s a new policy that they keep the warranty card and box for 6 months because of the watch being in high demand. .....Should I go to another ad or is this the norm?
This policy of keeping the warranty and box for a few months is now being applied in California too (ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS) as I was told this at a very large AD. Applied to Daytonas, Green Subs, BLNRs for instance.

As I had never purchased a watch from this AD before and they didnt know me, perhaps they decided to apply this in my case. As I had read about this on TRF, I did not protest. But definitely I dont like this policy.

However, I just purchased the same very hard to get Steel Sport model from my trusted AD and I was given everything right away.

As to your question, this policy is now cropping up in the US too, but I am not sure if this a Rolex policy or if some ADs are trying to play cop.

NOTE: With all the new GMT lls TT CHNRs (Root Beers) already after the 1st day at grey market dealers, I find this policy laughable.
uhren917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 12:47 PM   #74
Hard_Six
"TRF" Member

Watch: those three’s roll
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhren917 View Post
NOTE: With all the new GMT lls TT CHNRs (Root Beers) already after the 1st day at grey market dealers, I find this policy laughable.
The policy only applies to some. Lol
Hard_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 12:55 PM   #75
Muxi
"TRF" Member

I honestly don’t mind the policy as i will never flip a purchase. As long as it is msrp and they show me it is truly BNIB from AD.
Muxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2018, 05:19 PM   #76
Rocket_Man
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleluck View Post
I’d hazard a guess it may well be policy in some stores there, sure is here!

I appreciate seeing this letter. But a few things stick out. It says Rolex does not dictate how the ADs sell watches. They only make recommendations. And these recommendations are for hard to get pieces, I wouldn't put the Sub in that category. I think this letter was probably in response to the DaytonaC craze. The OP AD told him they didn't even have the warranty card which we all know is BS. I think they probably withheld the card to force him to come back to the store in hopes of another sales opportunity. While I expect a certain amount of salesmanship, an AD that just lies to me is less likely to get my business. If they had said we're withholding the card so you don't flip it, I'd at least respect what they are saying. I would not like it, but I'd understand why they want to keep the card.
Rocket_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2018, 07:34 AM   #77
Robbyspped51
Banned

I went to la cantera but they said they will only sell to locals but called ad’s where I lived and were able to locate a sub. I just picked it up today in Boston.
Robbyspped51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2018, 12:19 PM   #78
Aloha808
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Not normal at all, I would buy from other AD.
Aloha808 is offline   Reply With Quote