The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 13 January 2015, 03:02 AM   #31
Solo118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyK View Post
Mine is a G series, I think from 2011. I was trying to fasten my seatbelt on a plane and I missed the slot, it hit just the right spot on my watch. It pried the bezel right off. The impressive thing is both the case and bezel appeared unscratched, just separated.
Yikes! That is sad to hear, but luckily it should be an easy fix! If you lost that bezel though you would be like this for many days
Old 13 January 2015, 03:17 AM   #32
tkerrmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: ME RACE PORSCHES
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Cascarrabias View Post
I know they're much more expensive to replace. Has chipping/shattering been a problem?

Just dropped my Casio on the kitchen tile floor. Made me think . ..
nope
Old 15 May 2019, 07:37 PM   #33
Televent
"TRF" Member

Ceramic scratched-flaked -chunk

Hi I just had my green sub bezel replaced and it seems its a new ceramic one as the colour is eye popping compared to my SS OG one. Also my old SS one has some serious scratches on it so assuming the original is SS. So would Rolex be replacing the SS via insurance with a new ceramic one? Its only a few weeks old and big chunk has flaked off?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sub green CHip.jpg (66.4 KB, 121 views)
Old 15 May 2019, 11:50 PM   #34
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televent View Post
Hi I just had my green sub bezel replaced and it seems its a new ceramic one as the colour is eye popping compared to my SS OG one. Also my old SS one has some serious scratches on it so assuming the original is SS. So would Rolex be replacing the SS via insurance with a new ceramic one? Its only a few weeks old and big chunk has flaked off?
That's a painted aluminium bezel insert (or should be - that chip looks strange?)

Its also taken a knock to cause that damage -you can see it on the outer edge of the bezel itself

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Old 15 May 2019, 11:56 PM   #35
FrontHeadlock
"TRF" Member

Mine completely shattered. I was using a small hammer and chisel to make the minute markers on my Sub's bezel go all the way to 30, and at minute marker 27 the thing totally shattered. Unbelievable I thought the ceramic was strong.
Old 15 May 2019, 11:59 PM   #36
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Televent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devildog View Post
That's a painted aluminium bezel insert (or should be - that chip looks strange?)

Its also taken a knock to cause that damage -you can see it on the outer edge of the bezel itself
Agreed, that’s an aluminum bezel.
Old 16 May 2019, 12:20 AM   #37
RJK
"TRF" Member

Watch: Out for that tree!
I hate to say it but that bezel doesn’t look right. The font and spacing around the bezel does not look correct (To close the crystal).

Televent: Where did you get you watch from?

Rolex SD 126600, Seiko Golden Tuna SBBN 040, PAM 579, JLC Master Compressor Diving Chrono GMT NS in Yellow, DSSD, Sinn U1000S, Doxa T-Graph, Doxa 750 Caribbean, PAM 190 "8-Days", PAM 162,TT DJ (Left to me by Dad)
Old 16 May 2019, 12:24 AM   #38
fsprow
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 5168, 5170P
I recommend not using a loupe on a watch unless you also use it on your face in the morning.
Closed Thread