The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 15 May 2019, 06:12 PM   #1
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
New watch regulation chart

Yesterday I bought myself a new DD 118135

Before I purchased the watch I asked the AD to give my watch to the watchmaker to have him do a timing test and give me the results.

This is what I got.

It should be simple enough for me to self regulate the watch having this as a starting point.

The AD I went to is not only an AD but is also the official Rolex Boutique in London. The watchmaker is obviously Rolex trained and is very competent.
I thoroughly recommend to anyone buying a new watch from an AD to ask them to do this simple and quick test.

I know that my watch was sitting around at the AD before I purchased it for a few months at least.

I will go back to the AD in a couple of months and have the watchmaker do the test again.

Things will be different, and, hopefully better once the gears get moving and the oils inside get moved about.

We also performed a day and date change time ... Both mine change 42 seconds after midnight.

This is what I received from the watchmaker ...

http://
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 06:14 PM   #2
Macnavara
"TRF" Member

Wow
Old 15 May 2019, 06:52 PM   #3
watchmaker
TechXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Things will be different, and, hopefully better once the gears get moving and the oils inside get moved about.
I wouldn't expect it to get be better than +0.4s/d
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 07:00 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Yesterday I bought myself a new DD 118135

Before I purchased the watch I asked the AD to give my watch to the watchmaker to have him do a timing test and give me the results.

This is what I got.

It should be simple enough for me to self regulate the watch having this as a starting point.

The AD I went to is not only an AD but is also the official Rolex Boutique in London. The watchmaker is obviously Rolex trained and is very competent.
I thoroughly recommend to anyone buying a new watch from an AD to ask them to do this simple and quick test.

I know that my watch was sitting around at the AD before I purchased it for a few months at least.

I will go back to the AD in a couple of months and have the watchmaker do the test again.

We also performed a day and date change time ... Both mine change 42 seconds after midnight.

This is what I received from the watchmaker ...

Cannot understand why you would want to go back in a couple of months you should be jumping up and down with your present results.Will you continue to go back every few month for a timing check.As while the test on a machine with a full wind will give a good result.But on the wrist it could vary slightly from day to day with your on wrist wearing habits.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 07:44 PM   #5
faimag
"TRF" Member

Watch: Reverso
Very cool, but too "geeky" for my taste to use as a point of reference for self-regulation...
faimag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 08:37 PM   #6
Jostack
"TRF" Member

Completely useless information. Why would anyone care about the accuracy of their watch?
Jostack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2019, 08:43 PM   #7
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Cannot understand why you would want to go back in a couple of months you should be jumping up and down with your present results.Will you continue to go back every few month for a timing check.As while the test on a machine with a full wind will give a good result.But on the wrist it could vary slightly from day to day with your on wrist wearing habits.
No I will just go back in 2 or 3 months to see how it has settled down to life.

I will wear it every day and place it in one of the positions overnight to keep it as accurate as possible.

I am suffering from a very bad dose of WISitis.

I am fanatical about accuracy.

I have managed to self regulate all of my watches to +/- 0 seconds per month using the self regulation method.

Many years ago I found this ... An official Rolex document. It seems that I am not alone with my strive for perfect accuracy.

Old 15 May 2019, 08:44 PM   #8
Jostack
"TRF" Member

I would recommend checking real would results of the resting positions for the purpose of regulation. My watch is pretty far off from the timing analysis I received, and is not consistent from one day to the next. Sometimes loses and sometimes gains rested in the same position.
Old 15 May 2019, 08:44 PM   #9
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostack View Post
Completely useless information. Why would anyone care about the accuracy of their watch?
Whats the point off having a watch if it isn't accurate ?
Old 15 May 2019, 08:45 PM   #10
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jostack View Post
I would recommend checking real would results of the resting positions for the purpose of regulation. My watch is pretty far off from the timing analysis I received, and is not consistent from one day to the next. Sometimes loses and sometimes gains rested in the same position.
It is possible your watch has become a little magnetised.

Any AD or watchmaker should be able to sort that out within 5 mins.
Old 15 May 2019, 08:47 PM   #11
Jostack
"TRF" Member

Quote:
It is possible your watch has become a little magnetised.

Any AD or watchmaker should be able to sort that out within 5 mins.
Already done the demagnetizations
Old 15 May 2019, 08:58 PM   #12
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Way to go Charles.

I use my TimeGrapher to log all positions and then use the best position to correct the final wrist result.

Andad is online now   Reply With Quote