The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 January 2020, 01:59 AM   #1
Medal
"TRF" Member

2020 Rolex 126622 Blue YachtMaster

Literally 10 minutes "old." I got it to commemorate my second daughter joining us soon, and landing my dream job. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do, as I've dreamt of this since 2015 when I first saw the older 116622 at the Venice AD while on my honeymoon. Only wish I could post a larger photo.
Attached Images
File Type: png rolex1.PNG (240.8 KB, 514 views)
Medal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 January 2020, 02:16 AM   #2
Medal
"TRF" Member

Apparently I should read the rules...I didn't know about the 10 posts requirement to post my larger photos via tapatalk. After I do, I'll share a higher quality image.
Old 24 January 2020, 02:26 AM   #3
Medal
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24 January 2020, 02:27 AM   #4
Medal
"TRF" Member

Better pic- I’ll post more as I have time to take them.

Old 24 January 2020, 10:26 AM   #5
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Congratulations

instagram: max.parkin
Swiss Mad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 02:00 AM   #6
Medal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
Congratulations

Thank you! After longing for this one for so long, trying on a few subs, and knowing I’d never find a gmt master 2 Batman or Pepsi outside of the grey market....I couldn’t be happier. I know I’ll need to take better care of this then other watches with ceramic etc, but this YM is so beautiful it’s a pleasure to baby it a bit....and I don’t mean not wear it, that’ll happen daily, I mean get in the habit of making sure it’s under my shirt cuffs before typing and not banging against things every chance I get.

If anyone would like more pics, or has questions let me know. I don’t want to spam pics unless anyone wants to see more.

Old 25 January 2020, 03:03 AM   #7
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
Thank you! After longing for this one for so long, trying on a few subs, and knowing I’d never find a gmt master 2 Batman or Pepsi outside of the grey market....I couldn’t be happier. I know I’ll need to take better care of this then other watches with ceramic etc, but this YM is so beautiful it’s a pleasure to baby it a bit....and I don’t mean not wear it, that’ll happen daily, I mean get in the habit of making sure it’s under my shirt cuffs before typing and not banging against things every chance I get.

If anyone would like more pics, or has questions let me know. I don’t want to spam pics unless anyone wants to see more.

No one will ever complain because you posted too many pics...

Old 25 January 2020, 03:15 AM   #8
Ttm0tion
"TRF" Member

Watch: JC DeepSea
Congrats!!
Ttm0tion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:20 AM   #9
doesnotticktock
Banned

Watch: SBGW041
Congratulations! It's a beautiful piece!
doesnotticktock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 09:39 AM   #10
Brew
"TRF" Member

Beautiful! Congrats!!
Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 01:33 PM   #11
Medal
"TRF" Member

Thanks all! I’ll definitely post more pics then ...definitely glad it’s not as popular as the gmt and sub line.

After stopping by the Rolex AD two or three times haha to window shop, I decided it was time to service my Omega’s. So after a couple months, I pick up my Omega Seamaster 300m pro and drop off my Omega Aqua Terra 231.10.42.21.02.004 Golf edition for service. As the manager is going out back to get it, I casually say “looks like this AD is like most, with empty display cases and no sport models.” He said ya....we have some pre-owned two-tone but that’s about it...after some silence, I hear him yell back to me, “well I did just get in a blue YM, if that’s somethin you’d be interested in?

Part luck, part fate, and I think happening to be there the first week of January after the holidays makes me now always wonder if my timing was great in that it’s possible they got a shipment in for the new year. Part lucky because I didn’t buy it straight away, I waited almost a week to make sure I wanted to spend $12k plus $750 in sales tax.

It came down to honestly me just realizing how happy I was that he “picked” me to offer it to, and that I wasn’t going to let this chance slide again like I did in 2015. Plus, I was looking at spending at least a grand more in the grey market if I wanted a new and unworn one because it’s unlikely I’d have this chance again with an AD. At least now, my first Rolex happen to be my dream Rolex, and I got to experience buying new from an AD.

Really didn’t mean to tell my life story here, but I love this shit and hearing others share theirs’ so hopefully you enjoyed this!

Old 27 January 2020, 07:55 AM   #12
Avav1
"TRF" Member

Congrats!!! Maxel tov!
Avav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 January 2020, 07:18 AM   #13
Medal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post
No one will ever complain because you posted too many pics...

Taking you up on that...driving home in traffic today, the setting sunlight made me able to show off that brilliant dial and bezel.

Old 30 January 2020, 07:46 AM   #14
Swiss Mad!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Taking you up on that...driving home in traffic today, the setting sunlight made me able to show off that brilliant dial and bezel.

Awesome

Old 7 February 2020, 03:12 AM   #15
jack1
"TRF" Member

Amazing photos thanks for sharing. I’m considering one of these, I’ve got a SubC ND and was thinking the colour might add a bit of a nice alternative to the tool looks of my subC for alternate days. How have you found the bezel and colour combo in terms of how it fits with casual vs work clothes
jack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 February 2020, 11:23 PM   #16
Medal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Amazing photos thanks for sharing. I’m considering one of these, I’ve got a SubC ND and was thinking the colour might add a bit of a nice alternative to the tool looks of my subC for alternate days. How have you found the bezel and colour combo in terms of how it fits with casual vs work clothes

I have had this on my wrist everyday since I purchased it from the AD, and my daily attire for work is higher-end and clean casual jeans and button-ups, with and without sport-jackets, as well as more formal with nicer-pants and suits on occasion. My opinion, and the beauty of this watch, is that it works and works well with any one of those attires. My biggest problem is trying to not look at it constantly mid-conversation with folks.

The bezel is amazing as light catches those polished numerals, and what no review that I’ve seen has stated is the fluted part of the bezel catches light just like a fluted DateJust...just not at every angle like the DateJust.

The dial is unreal and changes under all lights conditions. Look at the contrast of the previous photos I’ve posted here in this thread under high light conditions, compared to the photos in my response to you under low light...this watch is just gorgeous and all class.

I would wear this with any outfit that I consider business casual, jeans included, and with suits without hesitation. I don’t wear this watch when I dress in my most casual of weekend outfits...but that’s because when I dress like that, I don’t want to worry about the watch I’m wearing and protecting it from hitting things etc.

What you need to remember is for some this watch is there lower end Rolex that they would wear everyday and couldn’t care less if it gets scratched and banged up...and they wear their Paul Newman Daytona’s when “dressing up.” For me personally, this is my nicest and most expensive watch that I want to wear as much as possible while being conscious it’s there and care for it (e.g make sure it’s under my cuff before typing on my work macbook). When I want to not give two thoughts about what I’m doing or going, I have two Omegas that I wear.

Hopefully that makes sense...you have to consider who is answering the question when asking the casual vs work cloths question, and wether this is their grail watch like it is to me, or just a daily beater....That’s my two cents in it anyways.

Old 8 February 2020, 01:18 AM   #17
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
Congrats. Great one.
I've never managed to post pictures as big as these even though I passed the 10 post requirement!

Quote:

Old 8 February 2020, 06:16 AM   #18
Medal
"TRF" Member

I use the tapatalk app...only way I've figured out that you can.
Old 8 February 2020, 08:14 AM   #19
Rori
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex / Tudor
By the way, tried one last month, considering it for me and my wife as we both love blue dial.
Here it is, fresh at Rolex Boutique. Sorry, crappy broker iPhone camera :-)

Quote:
I use the tapatalk app...only way I've figured out that you can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg AFE8A5D0-8CF5-4092-B8E8-722577F85FFB.jpeg (113.8 KB, 274 views)
Old 8 February 2020, 02:06 PM   #20
jack1
"TRF" Member

Thankyou Medal for such a solid reply! I don’t baby my watches either, agreeing with the school of thought that watches are made to be used, not stored away...although if I owned a Paul newman that might be a different story..! My workplace is blazer/trousers, and I wear a tie, so yep I think a YM would work in well. I have an opportunity in a weeks time to seee one in store at an AD so will be nice to work out how it feels in person. I’m comparing it also to a Daytona TT black dial, but I always err on the conservative side of things and I worry it’s too much
jack1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2020, 01:16 AM   #21
Medal
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1 View Post
Thankyou Medal for such a solid reply! I don’t baby my watches either, agreeing with the school of thought that watches are made to be used, not stored away...although if I owned a Paul newman that might be a different story..! My workplace is blazer/trousers, and I wear a tie, so yep I think a YM would work in well. I have an opportunity in a weeks time to seee one in store at an AD so will be nice to work out how it feels in person. I’m comparing it also to a Daytona TT black dial, but I always err on the conservative side of things and I worry it’s too much

Bottom line for my opinion of the YM is what I first heard and read when I was investigating Rolex submariners and YM’s....the YM is a luxurious and upgraded version of the sub. It’s not as scratch proof with that platinum bezel compared to the suns ceramic, but it’s a expensive and precious medal compared to ceramic.... would someone rather have a Toyota because it’s durable or a Ferrari?

Old 9 February 2020, 11:46 PM   #22
idan_c
"TRF" Member

Watch: Richard Mille RM05
Amazing dial :)
idan_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2020, 04:51 AM   #23
bosevelt
"TRF" Member

Sweet!