The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 January 2020, 05:39 PM   #31
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAV301286 View Post
I’ve been offered a 2019 Hulk for £12k with tags, boxes and papers. I understand they retail at £7.5k which I have been told by an AD I will never get. I do apologise if this is a silly question, I’m quite new to the watch world and learning as I go along. I thank you in advance for any help you can offer ��
Forget all the chat about holidays outside the EU etc.....
Add flights, accommodation, cost of watch and then the issue of VAT and best not to bother.

I predict they’re currently in a little dip and will soon rise again (just my thoughts)

£12k is a decent price all things considered
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 05:42 PM   #32
Redadmiral2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116660 D-Blue
I bought mine grey and if I needed to sell I’d sell it grey and get most of my money back .
If you dither and delay they just keep goin up and up in price.
My ad got 2 hulks last year from Rolex .
I find people that are being principled about not paying over the retail price are missing out on watches they like.
Redadmiral2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 05:54 PM   #33
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
OP.... can you find a flight to HK from UK for under £2k? If so here is a better deal straightaway. I'd also look at private sellers like another poster said.

Ignore the "never over MSRP" cult, it's misleading and weird.

If you can afford it and want it you should pay it. The price is fair in the current market.
A flight, and accommodation, plus the time off work.....plus the VAT he is legally obliged to pay (whether he chooses to or not)....Not worth it
Old 25 January 2020, 05:56 PM   #34
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Pay and enjoy. Life is too short
NYG1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 08:30 PM   #35
timeldn
"TRF" Member

This is what the market is commanding, some greys in the UK are asking even more than 12K GBP. If you have tried on the watch and you really like it, then go for it. Putting into perspective there are people who purchase undesirable watches from their Ads just to build a good relationship, and doing the maths they spend a lot more money on purchasing watches they do not even like. The Hulk is a very nice watch.
timeldn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 08:50 PM   #36
Sandpit
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggi View Post
OP.... can you find a flight to HK from UK for under £2k? If so here is a better deal straightaway. I'd also look at private sellers like another poster said.

Ignore the "never over MSRP" cult, it's misleading and weird.

If you can afford it and want it you should pay it. The price is fair in the current market.
Traveling outside of the EU for a watch would bring its own problems when he re-enters the country from a tax / duties perspective.
Sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 08:57 PM   #37
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHIII View Post
I wouldn’t (and didn’t) pay a dime over MSRP for the hulk.
Have to agree but while there are those willing to pay these crazy prices the tend will continue, with the various grey sellers jumping for joy for the easy cash.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 10:54 PM   #38
Uggi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
A flight, and accommodation, plus the time off work.....plus the VAT he is legally obliged to pay (whether he chooses to or not)....Not worth it
Good point. The VAT factor is a killer.
Uggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 11:14 PM   #39
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Good price for a 2019 Hulk?

MSRP. For me personally, the watch at msrp price point is one of my favorites. However once you get to the grey pricing there are other watches that i prefer at that price point. It’s not a matter of paying the grey price or not. I prefer different models at different price points
Hollie_Rollie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 11:25 PM   #40
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Negotiate and get your best price and buy the watch. With an AD not an option or for the foreseeable future, you will be paying market value for the watch. What is the big deal? Should you want to sell it you will get market value. The Hulk is a great watch and I have owned it several times and have always flipped it because of the value. I just purchased one at Grey Market rates and never missed a beat. No loss if I do not sell or what ever the loss would be I can handle it for the pleasure of owning the watch. Money is always a factor but that is not why I got into this hobby or stay in it. It is about the watches and the pleasure I get from ownership and wear. Go for it and get your watch and post your thoughts minus any discussion on cost, value or appreciation/depreciation. I think we need to get back to talking about watches not money.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 11:32 PM   #41
RHIII

Watch: AP/Rolex/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Have to agree but while there are those willing to pay these crazy prices the tend will continue, with the various grey sellers jumping for joy for the easy cash.

100% true my friend. The strange thing that I have a tough time adjudicating - we specially with the hulk is how it rose up - and got all this hype almost out of nowhere.

It’s no secret that there were hulks available all over the place - mine sat for a year at my AD! I’d love to know how many folks buy ‘into’ it - get it and are less than enthused.... and sell or trade it back for something else....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RHIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 January 2020, 11:40 PM   #42
OnTimeBill
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
Hulk blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantheon View Post
Don't feed the greys. They're the ones that's buying them up at the AD so you have to pay the markup. No demand = no market. Let them crash and burn
I own a current Sub in black and I'm also wanting a green one. I stay in touch with the AD where I bought my current one. I'm on their list. I'm aware grey market and used are available for $14000+. For that money I might buy a new steel and gold Sub with a blue dial. I'm not looking to filp it. I like the look of the Hulk better, but I'm tired of waiting. Should I wait
to see if the Sub gets a new movement this year before I buy the s+g blue one?
OnTimeBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 02:21 AM   #43
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
It's a fair market price in the UK now, I was offered £12K by WF for my 3 year old Hulk recently, they will sell that for £14K. If it is your dream watch and a keeper then buy it and don't look at prices afterwards.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 02:28 AM   #44
Tyler681
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex red sub mk v
Quote:
Originally Posted by inadeje View Post
The only Rolex I have paid over retail for is the DaytonaC. I did this because my AD (who has gotten me every SS I wanted) said that there is zero chance. So no OP, I would not pay over retail for a Hulk.
Surely that is what the Ad just said to the OP?
Tyler681 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 04:05 AM   #45
dnpina
Banned

Watch: 126610 LV
MSRP

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
dnpina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 04:52 AM   #46
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnpina View Post
MSRP

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Easy for you to say, but here in the UK it’s a real struggle without strong spending history. Many people in the UK just simply will never get a hulk at MRSP.

For some people the only way to own a hulk is via the grey market
Old 26 January 2020, 04:56 AM   #47
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Dealers are paying under £10k for unworn 19/20 LV's. Demand is down. It's a punt at 12k. Too many variables to advise you, your finances, desires, future thoughts etc etc. What is a good deal for one, isn't for another.

Would I pay it? No. Should you pay it? Only you know
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 05:08 AM   #48
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
Dealers are paying under £10k for unworn 19/20 LV's. Demand is down. It's a punt at 12k. Too many variables to advise you, your finances, desires, future thoughts etc etc. What is a good deal for one, isn't for another.

Would I pay it? No. Should you pay it? Only you know
I can’t imagine anyone would let their LV go for that kind of money. I certainly wouldn’t (not that I’d ever want to sell it).

Things will significantly pick up soon for HULK in my opinion, right now it’s in a little dip
Old 26 January 2020, 05:16 AM   #49
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
I'd pay $12-12.5k for an unworn from this year.
Old 26 January 2020, 05:17 AM   #50
IndianRider
Banned

Watch: ing shameless
In the US, never, but in the UK, if you really want it and can justify spending that much, go for it.
IndianRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 05:26 AM   #51
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
I'd pay $12-12.5k for an unworn from this year.
This is £12k UK price which is about $15.5k usd equivalent. Good price for here.
Remember the market is very different across the water.
Old 26 January 2020, 05:31 AM   #52
Xtralarg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
I can’t imagine anyone would let their LV go for that kind of money. I certainly wouldn’t (not that I’d ever want to sell it).

Things will significantly pick up soon for HULK in my opinion, right now it’s in a little dip
That's what the market says they are worth to trade, so that's what they are worth.

I dont think so, if I did I'd be buying them. They have peaked and are now settling, along with the rest of the over hyped pieces.
Xtralarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 05:38 AM   #53
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtralarg View Post
That's what the market says they are worth to trade, so that's what they are worth.

I dont think so, if I did I'd be buying them. They have peaked and are now settling, along with the rest of the over hyped pieces.
Just different opinions mate but I definitely see prices rising again as I actually think we are in a slight dip just now.
We shall see
Old 27 January 2020, 05:14 AM   #54
BHAV301286
"TRF" Member

Thank you all so kindly for your views, it has certainly helped and I really do appreciate all of your feedback.

I am in the states in April and I've spoken to a few representatives with my interests in the Hulk and they point blank told me I haven't a chance in hell which has led me to investigate the grey market.

The Rolex is being offered to me from a reputable seller. All papers, tags, stickers and box is included and it is a 2019 Green Sub, brand new, unworn.

I just had a message from a friend telling me that they are going to discontinue the Hulk so I am hoping, if they do decide to bring an end to production, the value of the watch does not crash!

Never been so nervous making a purchase but buying this as an Heir Loom for my little boy (who just so happens to LOVE The Avengers, especially The Hulk!!).
BHAV301286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 05:22 AM   #55
Ny325
"TRF" Member

Watch: DW-5600BB
#1-Paying over MSRP is just silly. #2, Green is hot right now, might not be in the future. If you love it, then consider it. I personally don’t like it.
Ny325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 05:29 AM   #56
Zakalwe
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHAV301286 View Post
Thank you all so kindly for your views, it has certainly helped and I really do appreciate all of your feedback.

I am in the states in April and I've spoken to a few representatives with my interests in the Hulk and they point blank told me I haven't a chance in hell which has led me to investigate the grey market.

The Rolex is being offered to me from a reputable seller. All papers, tags, stickers and box is included and it is a 2019 Green Sub, brand new, unworn.

I just had a message from a friend telling me that they are going to discontinue the Hulk so I am hoping, if they do decide to bring an end to production, the value of the watch does not crash!

Never been so nervous making a purchase but buying this as an Heir Loom for my little boy (who just so happens to LOVE The Avengers, especially The Hulk!!).
I think it’s unlikely the LVc will be discontinued. It might technically be withdrawn but it’ll be replaced by a very similar (or identical) looking successor with the 3235 movement. If this happens then I don’t imagine it’ll make much difference to the value (see 116710BLNR for comparison). If I’m wrong and it actually gets discontinued then the value will likely appreciate.

Enjoy the watch if you buy it, it really is a beautiful thing. And post some pics
Old 27 January 2020, 05:35 AM   #57
fooey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Quite a few now!
yes mate, it is a good price as Watchfinder has that down for £15200!
i know there on the dear side but that's still over £3k difference!
and if they discontinue at Basel world or just tweek with it, it will go up again!
fooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 08:45 AM   #58
Roli4life
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooey View Post
yes mate, it is a good price as Watchfinder has that down for £15200!

i know there on the dear side but that's still over £3k difference!

and if they discontinue at Basel world or just tweek with it, it will go up again!

Good point.
Roli4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 09:00 AM   #59
Time2Travel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Good price for a 2019 Hulk?

I purchased my Hulk from my AD at list price and had 6 month wait in 2019. I have date SS Sub. but the Hulk always gets the most complements.If you can buy a new SS Sub. at list price it’s a easy watch to resale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2020, 09:10 AM   #60
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

I guess it is a good price per the grey market.
I guess it is how you feel after plunking that money down knowing it is over MSRP.
There are quite a few pieces I want, but paying over msrp is out of the question. I work too hard for my money. In some cases the AD sells to a grey market dealer at a higher price than retail, the grey seller marks it up again, and now presents it to you.
BillA is online now   Reply With Quote