The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 17 November 2005, 04:29 AM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Superstitions Astrological Believer Tosh.

I'm sure you have stumbled upon one of these weird buggers somewhere along the line...

There you are, calmly eating at the restaurant dinner table, when some clumsy oaf knocks the salt over. No big deal, just pick it up and carry on, but NOOOO!

'Oh shit, that's unlucky, I'll have to throw a pinch over my shoulder, as the Devil will now be looking at me

Well, you weak minded idiot, let me assure you that the only person looking over your shoulder is the waitress. Who genuinely IS unlucky because she has to clean up after you.

I would love to meet the con artist who invented all these sad little rigmaroles for superstitious people, because in fairness he did a good job of it!

I can understand not walking under a ladder, because the clumsy salt throwing oaf is probably up there, with a precariously balanced five litre pot of Dulux paint. Ready to toss on you as you pass, but what about lucky black cats?

Lucky because Mr Salt-thrower missed them with the Dulux paint perhaps? Certainly not lucky after running out in front, of that Saxo driven by a boy racer the other night, shattering it's skull in a million places, such a shame that, poor pussy's. 'lucky Rabbits foot didn't fekin work eh Kitty?

If Rabbits feet were so lucky, what about Myxomatosis then? The poor floppy eared buggers each had four of them. But millions ended up with the rest of the roadkill after doing Stevie Wonder impressions across the M4 during rush hour all the same!

Lets not forget the Astrological ars#hol#s either. Closely related to the Superstitious twits, these gullible fools truly believe that being a 'Gemini' and the fact that Mars is up your Uranus, means they will NOT get that job on Friday, or something terrible will happen to them.

Well Mr Gullible, something terrible WILL happen to you. We call it 'Life'

In essence, Astrology is like a twelve sectioned religion, with the followers actually contemplating the fact that everybody born between certain dates will enjoy the same phenomena in life,what total crap.

That fat ars#hol# Russell Grant gets me, as he has the sheer front to tell millions of readers;

'Aries: A dark man should be avoided later this week, especially if he is wearing a Rucksack...'

'Cancer; You will trip over whilst on a Hill walking holiday, and die from a congenital heart disease...'Etc Etc
Picture Russel Grant so called : Astrologer and Psychic tosser

What if you DON'T read this sh!t? Does it not happen to you? Or do Russell's predictions still stand?

I predict the fat sod will have a heart attack within a few years though, and I'm not superstitious.
As he is lying gasping his last breath, he will realise that eating two kilos of neat Fat every day is unlucky I'll bet....

They now have bleeding SHOPS for these idiots too! They sell 'lucky' Rocks, Heather, Silver charms and other cheap jewellery with a wide range of other totally worthless items. And the only 'luck' involved in them is dependant on whether you are giving, or receiving the cash for them, rather than any spiritual benefit.

For hells sake,who believes all this bullsh!t?

Myself what will be will be,and nothing will change that.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2005, 07:17 AM   #2
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
My mother carried a little saying in her purse......................"Superstition is the religion of a weak mind." I've always lived by that.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2005, 07:21 AM   #3
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ
My mother carried a little saying in her purse......................"Superstition is the religion of a weak mind." I've always lived by that.
Nice one Adrian...

I nicknamed my M-I-L chicken little because she thinks the sky is going to fall on her, and her life is filled with ridiculous superstitions. When my wife was pregnant she (the MIL) actually wanted to bury some statue of a 'saint' in my front lawn for some silly superstitious reason.

I told her the only thing I'll bury in my lawn is her if she kept up this silly crap. That put a stop to it.
Old 17 November 2005, 08:59 AM   #4
----

Well Padi, I've never had anything bad happen to me after spilling the salt (knock on wood).....

Seriously, I'm not the superstitious kind at all.
Old 17 November 2005, 09:29 AM   #5
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
QUOTE=Atomic]Nice one Adrian...

I nicknamed my M-I-L chicken little

I nicknamed my M-I-L Snaggletooth because she doesn't visit the dentist very often

Last edited by mailman; 17 November 2005 at 09:31 AM..
mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2005, 02:57 PM   #6
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
I nickname my MIL Juanita because she only has one tooth left.

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2005, 02:59 PM   #7
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
I nickname my MIL Juanita because she only has one tooth left.
Fell off my chair, you tosser!! Tooooooooooooooooo funny, man!!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 November 2005, 07:57 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
That Adrian is so very very true.

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 17 November 2005, 11:42 PM   #9
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman
QUOTE=Atomic]Nice one Adrian...

I nicknamed my M-I-L chicken little

I nicknamed my M-I-L Snaggletooth because she doesn't visit the dentist very often
LMAO @ Snaggletooth.
Old 18 November 2005, 12:26 AM   #10
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Chicken little was quite a good cartoon.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club