The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 March 2019, 09:44 AM   #1
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Tourneau Las Vegas - awful customer service

I’ve had a good experience at all ADs I’ve visited - exception Tourneau in Las Vegas. I browsed their store today as I walking through the Caesar Shops. They had a 116718LN. I said isn’t this watch discontinued? The salesman said “No” and then walked away. I tried engaging another saleswoman about 2019 Baselworld and she wanted no part of it for some reason. All she said was “Our special customers will have the rights to those new watches”, which I didn’t even ask about. I just walked out.
SFBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 09:49 AM   #2
Lord Hectic
Banned

Watch: Pepsi
At least you have been lucky with your positive experiences before the mentioned store, here in Australia it is worse then this at every AD.
Lord Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 10:01 AM   #3
Dr Watches
Banned

Tourneau AlmostAnywhere - awful customer service.

The one in downtown SF sucks BAD.
Dr Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 10:01 AM   #4
NavalFlight
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT Master II
I’ve actually had good customer service experiences here. I found the staff to be friendly and I’ve talked to individual sales staff for about 30-40 minutes each.

However, they are very difficult to get a discount out of. First time I went in they said no discounts. Second time I was able to get them to 14%; better but not enough for a buy.
NavalFlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 10:57 AM   #5
2024 Pledge Member

If you knew the 116718LN was disco'd, why ask?

Even my AD, who treats me exceptionally well, said they get hammered with walk-ins and calls asking for discontinued models and Basel releases. Those people don't get very far, either. They know right away that they're speculators rather than customers.
037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 11:08 AM   #6
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 037 View Post
If you knew the 116718LN was disco'd, why ask?

Even my AD, who treats me exceptionally well, said they get hammered with walk-ins and calls asking for discontinued models and Basel releases. Those people don't get very far, either. They know right away that they're speculators rather than customers.
I didn’t know for certain, that’s why I asked. I thought it was the case but hadn’t paid much attention to the model. I’m not sure when asking questions became an irritant. Regardless of who asks why would a knowledgeable salesman say no? I’m not a speculator so I’m not sure how they would “know I am” - your logic makes no sense.
Old 24 March 2019, 11:13 AM   #7
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAY View Post
I didn’t know for certain, that’s why I asked. I thought it was the case but hadn’t paid much attention to the model. I’m not sure when asking questions became an irritant. Regardless of who asks why would a knowledgeable salesman say no? I’m not a speculator so I’m not sure how they would “know I am” - your logic makes no sense.
My point is that ADs get hammered all the time with customers asking about discontinued and "hot" models. If they sense that's your approach—even if it's not your intent—then you'll probably get shot down pretty quickly at most ADs. Whether you intended to act this way or not, it sounds like this might have been how they interpreted it.
Old 24 March 2019, 11:15 AM   #8
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My point is that ADs get hammered all the time with customers asking about discontinued and "hot" models. If they sense that's your approach—even if it's not your intent—then you'll probably get shot down pretty quickly at most ADs. Whether you intended to act this way or not, it sounds like this might have been how they interpreted it.
Again, horrible customer service to say no and walk away without engaging a customer at all! The whole point of my post.
Old 24 March 2019, 11:18 AM   #9
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Again, horrible customer service to say no and walk away without engaging a customer at all! The whole point of my post.
What were you purchasing or intending to purchase? Were you buying the 116718LN?
Old 24 March 2019, 11:25 AM   #10
SFBAY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What were you purchasing or intending to purchase? Were you buying the 116718LN?
Nothing. So your philosophy is to only treat customers/people well if they are going to buy something on the spot? That’s an odd approach. I certainly wouldn’t buy from them in the future.
Old 24 March 2019, 11:28 AM   #11
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Nothing. So your philosophy is to only treat customers/people well if they are going to buy something on the spot? That’s an odd approach. I certainly wouldn’t buy from them in the future.
I was simply asking questions to get a better handle on the situation. You've put quite a few words in my mouth pretty quickly.

Good luck with your hunt.
Old 25 March 2019, 12:09 PM   #12
DEVOTED2TIME
"TRF" Member

Theres an old saying in the ADs..

"If it looks like a stroke,
walks like a stroke and only asks about discontinued/Basel pieces,
then they are probably a stroke."

Hence why the first guy probably walked away, then the woman cut you off short and then no engaged you as you walked out.

Its not your fault you didn't know. But now you know. Try a different approach next time.
DEVOTED2TIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 12:52 PM   #13
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

They prolly thought you had mistaken their shop for the free Rolex info buffet being served over at the Wynn AD...

Head over there for a much better experience. They’ve always been accommodating when I was in LV.

One suggestion - ask if they can help you find what you’re looking for. Otherwise you aren’t a prospect, or a customer - to a trained sales rep you might be tagged as a time-waster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2019, 12:57 PM   #14
dmhines
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss / GMT II
If you want salespersons undivided attention ask to try it on. Works every time since they now think your a buyer not one of 5000 people a day in the LV Tourneau store.
Breitling SOH II - Brown 42 / Breitling 806 Re-Edition
dmhines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 03:48 PM   #15
watchaser
2024 Pledge Member

Came across this post as I was looking for a references...

I'm sorry to hear about your experience at Tourneau LV. I was at the Wynn AD, although they had zero professional models, they were kind and engaging. They even treated the slightly intoxicated window shoppers there for March Madness with respect. I would expect that from every AD. If I were a salesperson, I would treat every individual as a prospect. You probably caught someone who might of had a bad day or not passionate about their job or what they are selling.

The good news is that there are plenty more AD's. :-) Hope you get a better experience on your next visit.
watchaser is offline   Reply With Quote