The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 March 2019, 04:42 AM   #1
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Angelus, AP, Breit
16613 Bracelet for the Blusey

I am looking for a replacement bracelet for my Blusey 16613.
I believe the two tone bracelet has the numbers 93153
stamped on the links on both 12 & 6 sides with the end/Lug links stamped 401B. The watch case, given it is from 1999, has the thru holes.

The bracelet has gotten more and more rattly over the years and while the stretch is not too bad, I may have just been spoiled by the SEL style bracelet on my newer Daytona. The two bracelets are worlds apart.

I took it to Rolex and they said a replacement bracelet would be over $4500 and they would keep the old bracelet.... some sort of trade-in / exchange deal..... Which I am not a fan of.

I have been using the rubberb curved end strap which is quite nice and rather comfortable for now, but would prefer a bracelet.

So question for fellow forum members....

Is there any way I can buy one of these bracelets new...?
If so what would they cost and from where?
What would be the newer style bracelet I should be searching for?

Obligatory pics below.
turbineboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 04:57 AM   #2
jclaraperea
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116519
Are you checking a Rolleiworks for repair?

125 E Campbell AVe #101 Campbell CA Reach us 408-800-3244 contact@rolliworks.com

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro
jclaraperea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 05:38 AM   #3
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

It's not broken, just has the usual hollow link wear / slop.
Will contact them and see if they can make it less sloppy
Old 24 March 2019, 06:01 AM   #4
watchmaker
TechXpert

If you present the watch without the bracelet you can buy a new one. But it will cost an additional 50% when you don't supply the old one.
watchmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 10:40 AM   #5
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Any idea how much these bracelets cost new...?
Can't seem to find a price anywhere
Old 24 March 2019, 11:34 AM   #6
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbineboy View Post
Any idea how much these bracelets cost new...?
Can't seem to find a price anywhere

If you mean a Rolex price for a new one without exchanging the existing one, well over $6000. Has noting to do with cost - it’s their option.

But if you wouldn’t pay $4500 for a swap, where is your price pain point? That is, the most you’re willing to pay for a new bracelet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 March 2019, 02:34 PM   #7
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

I was hoping to find one for $2500 ballpark.... So much for hope. For $6k...thats almost a watch cost... An OP 39 perhaps.
Old 25 March 2019, 06:42 AM   #8
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
This watch does not look good?

The date magnification is not x2.5, bezel insert pip is aftermarket (fake), crown looks aftermarket, bezel knurls don't look right..and you are saying the bracelet is rattly though it is not stretched.. have you had this watch checked out?
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 12:34 AM   #9
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Not sure how anyone can spot so many issues and identify a watch or watch parts fake with cell phone camera pics, but presuming folks who offer opinions usually know what they are talking about, and guessing you know more about Rolex watches than I do (I only wear them), opinions are always welcome.

The watch has been to Rolex service once (as they are 15 minutes away for me). I know the crystal has had to be changed out once before. I wear my watches in rotation but don't baby them. So sometimes they do get beat up and while Rolex (and omega) are actually a lot tougher than AP, Breitling, or Grand Seiko, it is still not bulletproof like a casio (just personal experience).
However at the time of service, my watch guy had a Rolex parts account and had mentioned he was using Rolex parts. But unless you send the watch to Rolex and are willing to pay 2-3x the cost for service and wait 6-7 weeks, compromises have to be made.

The bracelet has some stretch. See Pic below.
It's not as bad as the jubilee bracelet on my 16220, but a whole lot different from the SEL on my 2014 Daytona. Maybe the frame of reference for comparison is not fair.

Also posting a couple images of the movement.

Now the good news... I have managed to source a replacement bracelet and am awaiting delivery of same tomorrow. Thanks to this forum, I should have a nicer replacement bracelet soon enough and will be sending this one for service.

Old 26 March 2019, 08:10 AM   #10
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
When you have been studying the details of these watches for as long as I have you can spot a number of things even from a poor picture.
I think this is just a watch that has been polished a couple of times and has a couple of aftermarket parts (bezel insert, crystal). Wear it in good health.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 March 2019, 09:36 AM   #11
turbineboy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesharkfactor View Post
When you have been studying the details of these watches for as long as I have you can spot a number of things even from a poor picture.
I think this is just a watch that has been polished a couple of times and has a couple of aftermarket parts (bezel insert, crystal). Wear it in good health.
Thanks for the input.

I was told the bezel was an actual Rolex replacement. Will try and get back to my watch guy and ask him if he actually used aftermarket parts and charged me an arm and a leg for genuine Rolex parts.

This is one of my favorite pieces as I really like the dial... More so than the newer dial and I prefer this to the newer maxicase.
Hopefully, when the watch goes back to Rolex for its 20th birthday, maybe they will replace it with all Rolex parts. For now, it's ticking away to within 3-4 secs dev a day.