The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 3 June 2022, 06:36 AM   #1
Cauhauna
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500
Patek Salon - Geneva and Paris

Paris: appointment only - if you plan to visit, you must secure an appointment

Geneva: they have most or all pieces available for exhibition. SA allowed me to try on a 5726. It was amazing on wrist.

I was told they don’t sell at this location, exhibition only. I assume they meant they don’t sell (to me) at this location - and that locals can surely buy. Any insight?
Old 3 June 2022, 09:12 PM   #2
Gva1985
"TRF" Member

Based on my personal experience, in Geneva they only sell to locals, zero chance if you are not based in Geneva region or at least Switzerland
Gva1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2022, 10:06 PM   #3
macrowatch
"TRF" Member

Locals, and pre existing clients before madness.

Fun location to visit.
macrowatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 June 2022, 10:57 PM   #4
upgraaade
"TRF" Member

They sell to locals and to important customers from all over the world.
upgraaade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 05:03 AM   #5
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauhauna View Post
Paris: appointment only - if you plan to visit, you must secure an appointment

Geneva: they have most or all pieces available for exhibition. SA allowed me to try on a 5726. It was amazing on wrist.

I was told they don’t sell at this location, exhibition only. I assume they meant they don’t sell (to me) at this location - and that locals can surely buy. Any insight?
I will be in Paris soon and glad I see this post. Just shoot them an email and hopefully I can secure an appointment. I want to see the new 5326 and 5470 in person. And hopefully listen to a 5078 if there is any there.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 06:28 AM   #6
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I will be in Paris soon and glad I see this post. Just shoot them an email and hopefully I can secure an appointment. I want to see the new 5326 and 5470 in person. And hopefully listen to a 5078 if there is any there.
I doubt the Paris Salon has much inventory to show. Also unless you speak French fluently, Paris Salon is not the best Salon to visit. London Salon is best for English language speakers.

If you want to see display models that are not for sale, you have to go to the Geneva Salon. Not sure if they will bring out a MR for one to hear the gongs. They typically only do that for special groups of clients, like if you were there for a factory tour.
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 05:28 PM   #7
Will_L
"TRF" Member

I have been in the Paris salon and the Geneva salon as well.

The Paris salon is well know for their rudeness, lack of customer care and lack of interest. I'm guessing that it is a direct result of them being the only point of sales in the country.

The Geneva salon is something completely different.
Warm and inviting people, welcome everybody equally, will serve you with some water of coffee and will let you look at all the watches you want.

I was able to order a Twenty~4 and a grand complication, without prior history. SO they do sell to non-locals but just not the know hot models
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 June 2022, 05:28 PM   #8
Will_L
"TRF" Member

The Paris salon is well know for their rudeness, lack of customer care and lack of interest. I'm guessing that it is a direct result of them being the only point of sales in the country.

Warm and inviting people, welcome everybody equally, will serve you with some water of coffee and will let you look at all the watches you want.

I was able to order a Twenty~4 and a grand complication, without prior history. SO they do sell to non-locals but just not the know hot models
Will_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2022, 05:27 PM   #9
le-temps
"TRF" Member

Watch: 004
Off topic, What about experience in Patek Salon - London?
le-temps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 June 2022, 09:51 PM   #10
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will_L View Post

In the end, they set up an appointment for next week even though I stated that I would not be in town anymore. Anyway, it does not sound like a great loss and will visit Geneva instead in the future.

Btw, walked into the AP boutique without an appointment and was basically told that they did not reply my request of appointment because there is nothing to show in the boutique And it almost sounded like that they only ask you to come in if they have a piece to sell to you.

At least I was able to visit the FPJ boutique and had a nice chat there even though there is nothing to take home as expected.

However, I had a good visit at Chronopassion and helped a friend purchase a MB&F LMX which happened to be in stock there. Gorgeous watch.
Old 10 June 2022, 09:26 AM   #11
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
In the end, they set up an appointment for next week even though I stated that I would not be in town anymore. Anyway, it does not sound like a great loss and will visit Geneva instead in the future.

Btw, walked into the AP boutique without an appointment and was basically told that they did not reply my request of appointment because there is nothing to show in the boutique And it almost sounded like that they only ask you to come in if they have a piece to sell to you.

At least I was able to visit the FPJ boutique and had a nice chat there even though there is nothing to take home as expected.

However, I had a good visit at Chronopassion and helped a friend purchase a MB&F LMX which happened to be in stock there. Gorgeous watch.
thanks for sharing - jeez ill be staying in a hotel literally across the street and thought Id stop by the Paris salon when im there in august but man way to burst my bubble
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2022, 10:17 AM   #12
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
thanks for sharing - jeez ill be staying in a hotel literally across the street and thought Id stop by the Paris salon when im there in august but man way to burst my bubble
You should still email them to set up an appointment. You never know and if you are staying at Ritz, it is just downstairs from you and you can come in your bathrobe
Old 10 June 2022, 10:23 AM   #13
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You should still email them to set up an appointment. You never know and if you are staying at Ritz, it is just downstairs from you and you can come in your bathrobe
exactly that's where I am staying - I guess I'll just make an appointment then - thanks
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2022, 08:36 PM   #14
Arthur Daley
"TRF" Member

Several years ago - maybe 4? - I visited the Paris salon with no appointment. I simply knocked, and was let in, with my family in tow. They had no watches on display, but had some "in the back" which they'd be happy to bring out if I expressed interest in a specific reference. I didn't (just browsing) but did have a quick chat about Patek.

On my way out, after perhaps a 3 min chat, I was offered a complementary Patek travel case. I declined (as I already had one), which I think caught the representative off guard. My wife too, for that matter. And with hindsight, I also questioned that decision!

Bottom line: they were very hospitable. You have to have a specific reference in mind, as they don't display pieces. At least they didn't then - perhaps for security reasons.

Btw - I think of Place Vendome, where the boutique is located, as my own little mecca of watches. Nearly every major high end brand is represented there within a stone's throw of each other. And tons of great cafes in the area, along with the Ritz hotel. A great place to spend a lazy afternoon! Have a cup of coffee and a croissant, view some watches. Pause for a drink of something. Handle some more watches and maybe some jewelry (the Chanel high end jewelry boutique is there - also worth a visit).

Have fun!

Sent from my SM-F700U1 using Tapatalk
Arthur Daley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 June 2022, 09:08 PM   #15
joa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Daley View Post
..which I think caught the representative off guard. My wife too, for that matter. And with hindsight, I also questioned that decision!
hehe nice anecdote :)