The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 2 April 2024, 03:08 AM   #1
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Lange Salon in SF

Stopped by the new Salon this weekend. Took a few (bad) pics. Lighting makes it difficult to take a decent pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 April 2024, 03:12 AM   #2
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Is there a little Lange 1 aventurine for you, would be amazing
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 04:11 AM   #3
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
Is there a little Lange 1 aventurine for you, would be amazing
They didn't have any in store but saw a video. It is gorgeous
Old 2 April 2024, 04:40 AM   #4
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
They didn't have any in store but saw a video. It is gorgeous

Is the Little One Aventurine back for ordering now?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 05:01 AM   #5
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
I believe so. Can't remember how long he said for one since I don't have the funds for this right now.
Old 2 April 2024, 07:00 AM   #6
btinl
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: on my wrist
Was the boutique edition 1815 chronograph available?
btinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 07:40 AM   #7
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Can't believe they opened it in SF when so many major stores pull out due to crazy crime rate.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 10:56 AM   #8
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by btinl View Post
Was the boutique edition 1815 chronograph available?
I believe so.
Old 2 April 2024, 12:37 PM   #9
cosmoliu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, ALS
Looks like a decent number of watches to try. I'm really looking forward to visiting in June.
cosmoliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 01:21 PM   #10
CFR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleP View Post
Stopped by the new Salon this weekend. Took a few (bad) pics. Lighting makes it difficult to take a decent pic
Thanks for sharing the pics! What was your experience like there? I'm also curious if the "salon" style made it feel more relaxed than visiting a traditional boutique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
You'd want to call a boutique to confirm regardless of what anyone here says because with so many models these days, Lange variously opens and then closes and then reopens ordering. It's really hard to tell when, and for how long, a given model might be available to order. I was just having this conversation with a Lange employee the other day about a different model.
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 02:32 PM   #11
Yellowfury
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Surprised to hear there’s a new boutique in SF and not the peninsula or Silicon Valley. Will have to find an excuse to visit.
Old 2 April 2024, 09:18 PM   #12
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice watches.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 11:17 PM   #13
rolexandlange
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFerrari View Post
Can't believe they opened it in SF when so many major stores pull out due to crazy crime rate.

Even the rank and file tech/VC/AI/finance/crypto folks in SF are pulling $500k a year and would be a target Lange customer.

Despite ~10 prominent blocks (TL, Soma, some Mission, Civic Center) of squalor, the city remains quite beautiful (Pac Heights, Marina, Cow Hollow, Noe Valley, St Francis Wood), and almost inconceivably wealthy.

While brands passed their prime leave (Macy's), others are moving in. Patek, Rolex and Breitling boutiques are all under construction in Union Square. A personal favorite bootmaker of mine, Carmina, has just arrived. Porsche SF just opened and I'm meaning to visit there as well.

Bashing SF sells a lot of media these days, but I don't believe SF has a crazy crime rate. In fact, it's not even top 10. Property crime has been an issue here for a long time though, particularly car break ins.
rolexandlange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 05:57 AM   #14
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFR View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics! What was your experience like there? I'm also curious if the "salon" style made it feel more relaxed than visiting a traditional boutique.

You'd want to call a boutique to confirm regardless of what anyone here says because with so many models these days, Lange variously opens and then closes and then reopens ordering. It's really hard to tell when, and for how long, a given model might be available to order. I was just having this conversation with a Lange employee the other day about a different model.
It is pretty casual but I do know the SA from way back.
Old 3 April 2024, 06:01 AM   #15
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexandlange View Post
Even the rank and file tech/VC/AI/finance/crypto folks in SF are pulling $500k a year and would be a target Lange customer.

Despite ~10 prominent blocks (TL, Soma, some Mission, Civic Center) of squalor, the city remains quite beautiful (Pac Heights, Marina, Cow Hollow, Noe Valley, St Francis Wood), and almost inconceivably wealthy.

While brands passed their prime leave (Macy's), others are moving in. Patek, Rolex and Breitling boutiques are all under construction in Union Square. A personal favorite bootmaker of mine, Carmina, has just arrived. Porsche SF just opened and I'm meaning to visit there as well.

Bashing SF sells a lot of media these days, but I don't believe SF has a crazy crime rate. In fact, it's not even top 10. Property crime has been an issue here for a long time though, particularly car break ins.
I saw that Porsche moved into the old Mercedes location in SF. I need to stop in and check it out. Patek/Rolex should be opening this summer.
I live and work in the city. I walk all the time and no issues.
Old 3 April 2024, 12:03 PM   #16
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
My wife’s broken Cayenne windows from a guarded lot 5 minutes after the guard left suggest perhaps property crime is an issue in SF.
codecow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 06:25 PM   #17
ILoveFerrari
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexandlange View Post

Lol if you say so. I was just there at Ferrari SF and was told specifically by the locals that we are not going to go to SF. We were told not to wear any expensive watches and should only Uber. Anyway, you must know better than me because fortunately I don't live there.

ILoveFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 07:40 AM   #18
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveFerrari View Post
Lol if you say so. I was just there at Ferrari SF and was told specifically by the locals that we are not going to go to SF. We were told not to wear any expensive watches and should only Uber. Anyway, you must know better than me because fortunately I don't live there.

SF is probably no different than most big cities like Paris or London which you need to exercise caution and be aware of which part of the city you are in. I am sure you don’t want to park your Ferrari in the Tenderloin for dinner. But we do shop at Union Square regularly (maybe too regular ) and do not see much issue.

Interestingly that most people who advised me to not to go to SF are the ones who have not been there for years. But gained their crime experience of the city through media or worse from social media.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 06:47 PM   #19
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Good for SF! It’s a beautiful place and I hate to hear about their crime problem. We have long lived in the NYC suburbs and we’ve seen the city’s ups and (way) downs.
scarlet knight is online now   Reply With Quote