The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 16 December 2014, 01:43 PM   #1
Rolexbiker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Brietling from Costco

I sent Costco an Email today as I am looking to buy a Chronomat B01 on their website for $5499. I know this would not have manufacturers warranty. but if this falls under Costco's "Guaranteed satisfaction for as long as you own the product" I will likey get it at Costco.

I returned a 2 year old TV and they were good about it but have since changed their policy regarding electronics and PCs. But I don't think watches fall under that. If they email me back and say I am covered "until i am no longer satisfied" it's a no brainer to buy from them and save $3000 over my local AD who wants MSRP and does not have the dial I want.

Costco went to battle with Rolex over selling Rolex in their warehouses and apparently Rolex won.
Rolexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2014, 01:56 PM   #2
BoomerSooner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
SAM's club has a Breitling Superocean chronograph for sale at $3,599 compared to retail but the mesh styled band was not my preference. Go for it!
BoomerSooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 December 2014, 02:16 PM   #3
Rolexbiker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner View Post
SAM's club has a Breitling Superocean chronograph for sale at $3,599 compared to retail but the mesh styled band was not my preference. Go for it!
Costco has one of those on display her =e for $4200. I don't care for the mesh band. Too dressy. I have Skagans for that.. I will await their answer on the "lifetime satisfaction return policy" before I make a move.

Their new price is what I am seeing used ones asked for here. But I would not buy a Chronograph without long term protection.

I am building a collection of various watches from lesser brands as well so i won't be wearing one watch 24x7. Around some struggling friends, or bowling one night a week, I will wear the Seiko or Timex. Going out wth the wife I will wear the good stuff. She has no interst in watches or jewelry. Her thing is vacations!!

Ultimately I want a Brietling and a Rolex Yacht Master ( but will likely settle for a SS SUB). I bought a phony 16 years ago of the YM. Did not even know what it was supposed to be. I just loved the white face style..Later learned it was a terrible copy but I loved the style of that watch so much i bought a Seiko SNZG35 which looked the most like the Yacht Master. Now that I can afford the real thing I question the value and my own value system.....go figure.

Rolex is like my Harley and Corvette. There is a value that is "used up" but being low use vehicles, most of the value is still intrinsic and holds. Like money in the bank. Rolex allows for that more than a Brietling, Can Always sell a SS Sub easily. That is probably the easiest watch to sell in the world.
Old 17 December 2014, 04:03 AM   #4
Rolexbiker
"TRF" Member

Apparently Costco covers the watches for life lke every other product that is not a TV, electronic or a PC

Quote:
Based upon your initial contact with the Costco.com customer service staff, I understand that you are inquiring about Costco satisfaction program for item#902871, Breitling Chronomat Men's Watch?

1. Would this watch be covered under Costco's "lifetime" satisfaction program? Yes this watch would be covered under Costco satisfaction program.
2. Whereas a refund would be delivered if the watch ever failed? Not sure how the Costco total satisfaction warranty works in this case. If you are dissatisfied with this item, you may return it, refund would be process back onto credit card used on order.

http://www.costco.com/wcsstore/Costc...ion_Policy.pdf
Old 17 December 2014, 04:33 AM   #5
raky
"TRF" Member

Watch: Blue Sky-Dweller
Wow! Looks like it will work out great for you!
raky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2014, 04:39 AM   #6
Rolexbiker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raky View Post
Wow! Looks like it will work out great for you!
Yeah now I have to reboot and look at a used Rolex Sub as the better value for a first watch. If Costco had them I would be all in. But the Costco satisfaction guarantee is hard to beat. Especially since the Chronomat has a five year Brietling warranty. At least I know when it comes to Brietling Omega TAG Costco has them all covered,
Old 27 December 2014, 01:53 PM   #7
samsosugvg

I actually work for Sams Club and I think it's a great idea to buy from Sams Club or Costco.
samsosugvg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 December 2014, 08:16 AM   #8
darwen
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT Master
Unfortunately my experience with Costco watches hasn't been great.

I have heard that these are watches which may have been sitting on a shelf for a very long time and sometimes require a service almost immediately.

This happened to me : I bought an Omega Seamaster Professional (bond) from Costco at about £400 less than list but after 3 days of wearing it it seized. I took it back to Costco, got my money back and ended up buying a Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph from an AD which has worked perfectly from the day I bought it.

In fact I only asked for my money back because at the time it was only the second premium watch which I'd ever bought : so I was somewhat impatient to have a beautiful new --working-- timepiece.

That was several years ago and if it happened to me now (I've got a lot more than 2 watches now lol) I'd be more than happy to have Costco send it away to be serviced and pocket the difference.
darwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2015, 04:49 AM   #9
GFEAR
"TRF" Member

bigger issue is who will service it if it needs it, breitling wont sell the in house movement parts to anyone so it HAS to go back to them, if its grey market youll have to pay, and its not cheap , grand easy to service that watch. the eta movement pieces arent as bad cause any decent watchmaker can service it if it needs something.
GFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 January 2015, 06:20 AM   #10
KonceptCars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexbiker View Post
Yeah now I have to reboot and look at a used Rolex Sub as the better value for a first watch. If Costco had them I would be all in. But the Costco satisfaction guarantee is hard to beat. Especially since the Chronomat has a five year Brietling warranty. At least I know when it comes to Brietling Omega TAG Costco has them all covered,
I've been considering the same move. The Costcos near me usually have a good selection of Breitlings, and from an overall shopping experience their warranties prove worthy.
KonceptCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 January 2015, 02:37 PM   #11
justin1628
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
This happened to a close friend of mine. His fiancé at the time wanted to buy him a nice wedding present. She didn't know there was wiggle room at a dealer and ended up buying it from costco. Within 3 weeks, it started running 10 minutes fast/day. Took it to the local authorized Omega service centre, the quote was $950. She only paid $3200 at Costco. They didn't really want to take it back for a refund, sentimental value and all (as Costco did not have another one to replace it with), but they did just do the refund at the end. I still look at the case every time I go into Costco, but I don't think I'd buy a luxury watch there.
justin1628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2015, 01:28 PM   #12
love brietlings
"TRF" Member

Be careful about buying from non ADs. I heard from an AD today that he knew a few people who bought their Brietlingsnfrom non ADs and had to return them to Brietling for repair. They never got the watches back as Brietling kept them since they were purchased from a non authorized dealer...the truth!!
love brietlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2015, 03:51 PM   #13
Ken B
"TRF" Member

Watch: To many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by love brietlings View Post
Be careful about buying from non ADs. I heard from an AD today that he knew a few people who bought their Brietlingsnfrom non ADs and had to return them to Brietling for repair. They never got the watches back as Brietling kept them since they were purchased from a non authorized dealer...the truth!!
Not true...Brietling can not sieze a watch purchased from a Non AD. Only if an item is stolen and reported can they divert it to the authorities. That's like saying Ford can sieze your car if you bought it from a non dealer.. Use some common sence.
Tudor Black Bay Bronze 43mm
KRB Imaging and Photography
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2015, 11:41 PM   #14
rozyd
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD,DD,Exp1,Daytona
Ugh. Spell the brand name correctly! Breitling. B-R-E-I-T-L-I-N-G

Sorry. Just had to get that off my chest.
rozyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 March 2015, 11:45 PM   #15
Mugszy27
Banned

Watch: The wind blow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by love brietlings View Post
And furthermore, you can buy one used from a non-AD as I bought mine from Peter Lee from this site. When it is time for service I will bring it to the AD who I bought my mesh bracelet from and I know Breitling is not going to keep my watch.
Mugszy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 March 2015, 01:54 AM   #16
Headshrinker
"TRF" Member

Watch: Day-Date
Just a note, you have to be careful of ADs too. Watches often sit in very hot windows on display or in cases that are often hot because of the special bulbs used to show diamonds.
Headshrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2015, 07:40 AM   #17
Recoil Rob
"TRF" Member

I bought my Avenger Chrono from a pawn shop on eBay and brought it to Breitling USA HQ in CT, about 15 min. away.
They could not have been more helpful, I had a complete service done and now it looks and performs like a new watch.

They did not try to keep my watch...
Recoil Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2015, 01:30 AM   #18
bgolfo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Omega
My friend bought his transocean from an AD then traded it in at a watch shop for a rolex and the shop sent it to breitling for a full service and they didnt have any problems (we know the owner so he openly tells us everything)
bgolfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2015, 09:36 AM   #19
Recoil Rob
"TRF" Member

And speaking of Costco, mine has had a beautiful Speedmaster in the case for about 5 months, I keep waiting for a pricing mistake...
Recoil Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2015, 07:31 PM   #20
themaninblack
"TRF" Member

Heaps of super garish Breitlings at big discount on an Australian retailer called watchtime. I think they are NOS. Have a look.
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2015, 05:16 PM   #21
groundskeeper
"TRF" Member

Do Not buy from Costco!!!!! Why not establish a relationship with a good authorized dealer instead of supporting a company that undercuts all the stores that truly invest in the line?? These retailers have to purchase 80 to 100 watches and hold them in inventory. These low life's at Costco purchase one or two pieces of old product on the grey market and try to sell you a product they know NOTHING about. Where's the service? Where's the buying experience? If there's a problem with the watch they are certainly not sending it back to Breitling for service. Can they even size the watch for you? Why would anyone buy from these guys?..
groundskeeper is offline   Reply With Quote