The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 2 October 2018, 10:21 AM   #61
benlee
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79280_116520 View Post
AP is greedy and arrogant in biting the hands that fed them via. the AD channel. I recently emailed kindly to request a catalogue and they replied telling me that they do not mail customers/prospectives catalogues anymore. The only solution they gave me was to "physically" visit an AP dealer who was 400+ miles away just for a catalogue.

Looks like my next watch will come from Patek Philippe since their level of arrogance isn't as extreme compared to AP.

Can't you just browse their website? It's basically the same thing actually. I am not sure if PP will mail their bulky catalog books and brochures. I usually pick them up from the store also.
Old 2 October 2018, 10:49 AM   #62
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Lol.
Lol is right if he thinks AP is topping Patek in the arrogance towards customers catogory
Old 2 October 2018, 11:36 AM   #63
Gh0st0
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79280_116520 View Post
AP is greedy and arrogant in biting the hands that fed them via. the AD channel. I recently emailed kindly to request a catalogue and they replied telling me that they do not mail customers/prospectives catalogues anymore. The only solution they gave me was to "physically" visit an AP dealer who was 400+ miles away just for a catalogue.

Looks like my next watch will come from Patek Philippe since their level of arrogance isn't as extreme compared to AP.
How bout the AP website?
Gh0st0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 11:57 AM   #64
79280_116520
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Lol is right if he thinks AP is topping Patek in the arrogance towards customers catogory
Actually I've dealt Patek via. ADs and service centers before. Very pleasant on with both sides.
79280_116520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 05:33 PM   #65
tng11
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eal15 View Post
: ( so after being told there will be a an AP boutique coming this fall to Toronto, I emailed my AP contacts for info. I received a few emails back only stating which folks could help and who wouldn’t be able to due to simply not in that position. Today I received a phone call from AP, I was shocked of who actually called but it was confirmed that there will be no AP boutique in Toronto. I believe they said Canada but definitely not the short to medium term. Also, it was confirmed that They were closing down the AD dealer network (those are my words). Bummer! It was a positive call though. It wasn’t negative at all. This brand has been awesome in terms of anyone I’ve dealt with at any location in the past. The local AD has done nothing in the past with this brand or others to make me want to shop there. Recently The local Panerai boutique experiences have been very good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Too bad that's the response from AP. If you visit the Richard Mille boutique, you'll see that they have a shop unit all covered up right next to it with the AP theme. Apparently, it's the same people who run the RM boutique who will be running AP, and the last few visits they've said it would be this Fall, though I'm not surprised that there would be a delay with these things.
tng11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 October 2018, 06:04 PM   #66
Starwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Daytona - BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Can't you just browse their website? It's basically the same thing actually. I am not sure if PP will mail their bulky catalog books and brochures. I usually pick them up from the store also.
Breguet will mail it to you!
Old 4 October 2018, 04:38 AM   #67
alonso 1984
"TRF" Member

I have a Breguet and got quick help from factory when I needed it
alonso 1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2018, 03:46 AM   #68
jdkrut
"TRF" Member

Watch: Audemars Piguet
I was told that AP is going to be opening boutiques in Atlanta and Texas. So at least in the US, it won't just be NY, MIA, LA and LV. It's a same for the ADs, but this is the way things are headed. And with many brands, the best pieces are already almost only found at the boutiques anyway.
jdkrut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 October 2018, 06:26 AM   #69
bayerische
"TRF" Member

Watch: Smurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by V25V View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean for you to read. . I just meant if the contract was written in a way where AP could pull out whenever they wanted, and the AD agrees to that, then they could. And if I'm an AD, I'm not sure I wouldn't agree to such a contract just to carry the brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Crap way to conduct business either way. Funny with watches, seems all normal conducts of business is thrown out the window.
Old 15 October 2018, 07:19 AM   #70
Rameez-Q
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Day Date,
Is this a UK move too? I spoke to my local dealer who were pretty shocked when I asked them about this....
Old 21 October 2018, 08:14 PM   #71
Rameez-Q
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Day Date,
bump for update on sales distribution if anyone knows?
Old 21 October 2018, 08:37 PM   #72
ragsk
Banned

Just been to Dubai. The AP store in Dubai Mall hardly had any watches. The RM store right opposite had nothing to sell either...
ragsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2018, 09:21 PM   #73
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameez-Q View Post
Is this a UK move too? I spoke to my local dealer who were pretty shocked when I asked them about this....
It’s an inevitable move globally by AP, as to timescale that’s an unknown and will be very much region dependant.

As for the UK moves have already happened, Wempe are no longer and AD and that’s because Brooks Mews in now an AP house and around the corner but it wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t relocate to a more premium location soon.

AP Harrods I’ve heard mixed stories as it was once designated to be a boutique and ran by AP not sure on the present situation.

Not sure how long Selfridges will stay as I don’t really see that as the POS AP are looking for!

Arije are a great AD and always have a good selection of some unique pieces and know they have a good relationship with AP UK.

Outside London as long as they are in a prime location I can see them having more longevity while AP get a feel for how the in-house selling and this E-commerce an goes.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 12:31 AM   #74
BLNR1
"TRF" Member

"Bennahmias said Audemars Piguet, which competes with Swatch Group’s Omega and Richemont’s Cartier brands, would launch its online store in 2019 at the latest, but others have moved faster."

Looks like they are technically behind?
BLNR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2020, 07:03 AM   #75
GreenLantern
"TRF" Member

Indeed.

That said, none of the pieces I care about would be orderable (read: available and in stock) online, so it doesn't really matter. :(
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote