The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 22 October 2018, 02:59 PM   #1
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, VC, RLX, BP
Collected my 15202

Collected the Jumbo from the boutique a few days back, after waiting for about 6 months. What a watch - it does have something special about it, despite missing all the modern convenience of a screw-in crown, quick set date and proper water resistance... feels like a NOS watch from 1970s, vintage and new at same time. Finishing of course is of excellent quality, and it takes a while to get used to having such a thin watch on the wrist, after years of Rolex, Omega, IWC and occasional Panerai, but I love it and it is so easy to wear with dress shirt and suit that i am afraid it would become my daily watch (I swore to myself it would be special occasion only, but breaking my own rules already). The price tag is a bomb, at least for me, but I am glad I went with it over 15400 which I was also offered as an alternative, despite the serious price difference between them two.

Overall, positive experience from buying my first AP from the boutique, although I just say they weren’t all that forthcoming with any extras or freebies and I sort of managed to squeeze a scarf for my wife and that’s about it, they didn’t even provide a polishing cloth as “it is not part of AP set”, which of course is a bit laughable considering the price tag but hey, I took this over 3-4 years of bogus “waiting lists” and still happy.

Here is the gorgeous backside of it for your viewing pleasure:

korneevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 03:11 PM   #2
Helmi
"TRF" Member

Congratulations. It is an amazing watch and I can't wait to get mine
Helmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 08:39 PM   #3
DGB
"TRF" Member

Beautiful watch indeed,
Where did you get it from?
I got mine from Paris Boutique, a few weeks back, and didn’t get much goodies neither.
Like you was not planning to wear it often, it is my daily watch actually,
I don’t know why, but something about this AP give a special feeling compared to Rolex, is it the bracelet? The blue/grey dial?

Just love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 09:08 PM   #4
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Congratulations and wear it in good health
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2018, 09:10 PM   #5
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
Beautiful watch indeed,
I got mine from Paris Boutique, a few weeks back, and didn’t get much goodies neither.
I don’t know why, but something about this AP give a special feeling compared to Rolex, is it the bracelet? The blue/grey dial?
I got mine from the Singapore boutique - I've been living here for the past 4 years so figured I had the best chances trying to get one locally, after being denied any opportunity to get one from multiple boutiques in Europe, HK and Japan, USA. Happened a LOT sooner than I was told it would - effectively when I got a call, I managed to save up only half of what it cost me, so need to move a few pieces from my collection to minimise the debt.

Not wearing it daily is a sort of a rule I've established a while back - until I paid off the remaining debt on it, the watch is not mine and restrict myself from using it daily...sort of motivates me to save up faster;)

I find my impressions of the watch is quite different from Rolex, of which I only have the GMT Batman...it is undeniably more elegant and refined, the blue dial is exquisite, finishing on the movement is amazing but it does feel a LOT more fragile and delicate, the Rolex is build like a tank and can take pretty much anything you throw at it, be it on land, air or sea...different horses for different courses, as they say.

Congrats on your RO btw!
Old 22 October 2018, 09:25 PM   #6
Tomas Eriksson
"TRF" Member

Watch: 15707CE
Congrats!
Im jealous, I have been trying to get one for a year and a half but as I only done walk in to boutiques while on vacations I don't get treated seriously enough to get on a real list. I even offered to pay in advance but no one will take my offer.
Old 22 October 2018, 09:31 PM   #7
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomas Eriksson View Post
Congrats!
Im jealous, I have been trying to get one for a year and a half but as I only done walk in to boutiques while on vacations I don't get treated seriously enough to get on a real list. I even offered to pay in advance but no one will take my offer.
Exact same story here - i literally made a point of looking up AP boutiques on all of my travels and popping in to ask if there was a chance for putting my name down for a 15202, only to be told they don't take names, list is 5 years long, they only work with local VIPs for this model, they don't sell the 15202 to walk-ins and I need to spend at least $100K on other watches in order to be considered and all such nonsense...

I am glad i didn't give up but I had been close to calling it quits with AP a few times, but then I never ever pay over retail for any watches and my other grail (Patek nautilus) is even more restricted so I just sucked it up. Thankfully, after a few visits to the boutique in SG, I was able to bypass junior sales staff and met the boutique manager directly, who then helped to move things along, and rather fast.

So my advice is to keep trying, don't waste time dealing with juniors in the boutiques, ask for a manager and see if you can show them that you are a watch lover, collector and someone who appreciates the history, heritage and prestige of AP, it did work the wonders in my case. Good luck!
Old 22 October 2018, 09:50 PM   #8
MaxLondon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Royal Oak Jumbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGB View Post
Beautiful watch indeed,

Just love it

For a daily wear you are managing to keep it remarkably scratch free! I had mine for 2 weeks and already got a small scratch. Urgh ... but I am wearing it. So far I had it on quite a bit as I do like it more than I thought!
MaxLondon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 02:22 AM   #9
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Congrats! Enjoy that beauty every chance you get
Old 23 October 2018, 03:31 AM   #10
duc888
"TRF" Member

Congratulations.....looks fantastic!
duc888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 04:12 AM   #11
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Congratulations!!! One of the best.

― Winston S. Churchill
Burlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 07:06 AM   #12
CoveWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & AP
Congratulations on a beauty!
CoveWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 07:12 AM   #13
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Congrats on the 15202! Looks amazing!
Carry The Interest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 08:19 AM   #14
OP15
"TRF" Member

Congrats!
OP15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 08:23 AM   #15
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Watch: Good ones
Congratulations! Stunning in photos, bet it looks great in person!
scarlet knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 08:32 AM   #16
uniqueMR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: P A T E K
Congrats :)
Old 23 October 2018, 08:56 AM   #17
Jacobkg
"TRF" Member

Sweet watch! Can you post a photo that highlights how thin it is? Thanks!
Jacobkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 09:23 AM   #18
HK Islandboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP
Congratulations
HK Islandboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 09:35 AM   #19
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Is the 15202 easier to obtain than the 15400?
Old 23 October 2018, 09:37 AM   #20
Kamen
"TRF" Member

Congrats, it's beautiful! Didn't have to wait that long either!
Kamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 11:02 AM   #21
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet knight View Post
Is the 15202 easier to obtain than the 15400?

A LOT harder
Old 23 October 2018, 11:05 AM   #22
scarlet knight
"TRF" Member

Good to know. I have not kept up with the unobtainable models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 23 October 2018, 11:45 AM   #23
RolexZen
"TRF" Member

Watch: No Rolex
Congratulations, Korneevy.

Did you buy from Liat Tower or MBS? I visited both multiple times while deciding between the 15400 and the 15450 (ended up settling on the 15202 :-), and only really ever had follow-ups from Anissa at Liat Tower. She was very nice, but I only visit Singapore once or twice a year so ended up waitlisting at Bal Harbour. Which is fine, but I’ve never been there in person.

They (Bal Harbour) did send a few gifts, however. Nothing too fancy, but they sent me a Black Polo shirt and a white AP hat while I was waiting. And a travel case later, but not the nicer brown leather one—just the green golf club head style one.
RolexZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 12:45 PM   #24
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexZen View Post
Congratulations, Korneevy.

Did you buy from Liat Tower or MBS? I visited both multiple times while deciding between the 15400 and the 15450 (ended up settling on the 15202 :-), and only really ever had follow-ups from Anissa at Liat Tower. She was very nice, but I only visit Singapore once or twice a year so ended up waitlisting at Bal Harbour. Which is fine, but I’ve never been there in person.

They (Bal Harbour) did send a few gifts, however. Nothing too fancy, but they sent me a Black Polo shirt and a white AP hat while I was waiting. And a travel case later, but not the nicer brown leather one—just the green golf club head style one.
I got mine from MBS...and Liat Tower folks didnt even want to discuss 15202 nor 15400 with blue dial, said outright "no chance". Offered a white or black 15400 with 2-3 months wait if I am to put 25% deposit though, but 15400 does not float my boat at all so I passed...

You lucky to get stuff WHILE waiting - I didn't hear from them at all for 4 months, and then boom, come collect within 3 days, the watch is here. I also got the ugly-ish green fabric case, which I have a zero use for, but it is what it is with 15202 I guess, they already treat you like you sort of getting an unexpected Xmas gift just for the privilege of dropping SGD $35K on it, haha.
Old 23 October 2018, 01:33 PM   #25
nicsoh88
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15450
Congratulations! It looks really good and you got it fairly quickly.

I recently visited the MBS outlet to ask about the 15450 blue face (already have a white) and was told it would be a 3 month wait with a 50% deposit - still thinking about whether I should go for it and have a pair, one for me and another for my wife.

My friend who was tagging along also put his name down for the 15202 and this was back in July so let’s see if he gets lucky like you.

nicsoh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 05:11 PM   #26
fsskog
"TRF" Member

I got it a few days ago, but I just owned it for 10 minute because I sold it to one of my friend who urged it. He helped me in past and so I just needed to sell it with little premium. My feeling is like a sending a gf I never slept with to other .
fsskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 08:44 PM   #27
Fat_ninja
Banned

Watch: P-01
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsskog View Post
I got it a few days ago, but I just owned it for 10 minute because I sold it to one of my friend who urged it. He helped me in past and so I just needed to sell it with little premium. My feeling is like a sending a gf I never slept with to other .
Not going to lie... ive never sent a gf
Fat_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 08:46 PM   #28
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsskog View Post

I’ve been told that you can only buy one 15202 from AP in a lifetime - they wouldn’t sell the steel model twice to same customer, unless there is a good reason for it (such as the original watch got stolen etc).
Old 23 October 2018, 09:08 PM   #29
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
Quote:
Originally Posted by korneevy View Post
I got mine from MBS...and Liat Tower folks didnt even want to discuss 15202 nor 15400 with blue dial, said outright "no chance". Offered a white or black 15400 with 2-3 months wait if I am to put 25% deposit though, but 15400 does not float my boat at all so I passed...

You lucky to get stuff WHILE waiting - I didn't hear from them at all for 4 months, and then boom, come collect within 3 days, the watch is here. I also got the ugly-ish green fabric case, which I have a zero use for, but it is what it is with 15202 I guess, they already treat you like you sort of getting an unexpected Xmas gift just for the privilege of dropping SGD $35K on it, haha.
Well that threw me when I read it!

Congrats it's a great piece!
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 October 2018, 09:22 PM   #30
korneevy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK797 View Post
Well that threw me when I read it!

Congrats it's a great piece!
Haha, good one. MBS = Marina Bay Sands (not the evil Saudi prince)