The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 3 October 2011, 11:29 PM   #61
Welshwatchman
"TRF" Member

So what's the upshot with this 339 rumour?

Was it proven unfounded by Tommy?
Old 5 November 2011, 11:51 PM   #62
HarryGoodman

Watch: Pre V
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam4life View Post
Sir...I think you have a problem. It's his first post. And as a new member, should we give him a warmer welcome instead of "attack/say to" him like that???
I think you r about to break "harassment" TRF rule right there. Isn't you got banned from P.com?, but still post strap for sale on their website everyday???

I think we should give new member a better welcome instead of this.
Well said sir, I could not have said it better myself.
HarryGoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2011, 01:30 PM   #63
Nhat
"TRF" Member

339 crown

I have a 339 and been wearing it on and off for the last 6 months, in total wearing it for a month. This is how my crown looks like this:

Does anyone have this problem? Tried to contact OP but they never replied, hope to receive help from here.

Many thanks
Nhat
Nhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2011, 12:47 AM   #64
jacksonian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhat View Post
Does anyone have this problem? Tried to contact OP but they never replied, hope to receive help from here.
How did you try to contact them? Did you call a boutique or an AD for help with service? That would be my best bet on getting an answer. Sending an email to one of those generic email addys on the website probably won't get your to the right person.
jacksonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2011, 12:55 PM   #65
Tommysol
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a 339 and been wearing it on and off for the last 6 months, in total wearing it for a month. This is how my crown looks like this:

Many thanks
Nhat
Comes that way from the factory.
Tommysol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2011, 03:10 PM   #66
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:

Tried to contact OP but they never replied, hope to receive help from here.

Many thanks
Nhat
They never do.
TswaneNguni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2011, 07:07 PM   #67
Nhat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonian View Post
How did you try to contact them? Did you call a boutique or an AD for help with service? That would be my best bet on getting an answer. Sending an email to one of those generic email addys on the website probably won't get your to the right person.
Yes, of course I have tried everything except the boutique, will have to go to Singapore then.

Last year I bought a 351 in Rome and 14 days after it looked like this:

At that time I wrote to OP and they replied, they suggested that I sent it in and it will take 3-4 months...I opened the backcase and fixed it myself (took 5 minutes) and now it has been running for a year without any problems.

Received some mails from others who have the same problem with their 339 and they have sent the watch in and not seen it for 5 months now...

Anyway, have decided to let the watch go with loss. Just a shame that OP make a watch that truly has its problems and no one wants to take responsibility for it. Even discussing it at an 'unofficial OP website' seems to be not acceptable?! I have collected Panerai for many years but I think it's time to move on and collect real luxury watches.
Old 13 November 2011, 07:09 PM   #68
Nhat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommysol View Post
Comes that way from the factory.
Yeah right!
Old 14 November 2011, 10:39 AM   #69
rolexcd

Watch: Daytona SS Black D
Quote:
Originally Posted by TswaneNguni View Post
They never do.
I sent an email to OP via their web-site. They came back to me stating the the Boutique where I bought the watch will come back to me soon on the matter.

The Store Manager did call and asked me to take the watch to them for them to understanding the issue. I stated to him that I do not want my watch with them for months and he fully understood my concern.

A few weeks passed due to the sickness of this gent but he did manage another call again to follow up. I finally did pass them with the watch 2 weeks ago. At the shop, the Store Manager fully agreed that part of the case back is losing its original colour. He also promised to send me back with the watch with a new case back within 2 months. I asked whether OP has fixed the issue on the materials such that the new case back will not have the same problem anymore but he did not answer directly.

Hopefully, I can get it back within the 2-month period as promised and I will keep you guys posted on any latest developments.

I guess your problem is mainly due to the lack of Boutique at your country. Even if you bought it from an AD (which I am not ensure if your country has an official one), I consider that OP should be able to get back to you with an email and they will inform the AD to take some actions.

I fully agree that all parts of the watch are the same colour when it is brand new by anyone without any problems on reading colours.
rolexcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2011, 10:41 AM   #70
rolexcd

Watch: Daytona SS Black D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshwatchman View Post
So what's the upshot with this 339 rumour?

Was it proven unfounded by Tommy?
Not a rumour anymore!!!
rolexcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2011, 03:33 PM   #71
ocwatching
"TRF" Member

thanks for the update my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexcd View Post
I sent an email to OP via their web-site. They came back to me stating the the Boutique where I bought the watch will come back to me soon on the matter.

The Store Manager did call and asked me to take the watch to them for them to understanding the issue. I stated to him that I do not want my watch with them for months and he fully understood my concern.

A few weeks passed due to the sickness of this gent but he did manage another call again to follow up. I finally did pass them with the watch 2 weeks ago. At the shop, the Store Manager fully agreed that part of the case back is losing its original colour. He also promised to send me back with the watch with a new case back within 2 months. I asked whether OP has fixed the issue on the materials such that the new case back will not have the same problem anymore but he did not answer directly.

Hopefully, I can get it back within the 2-month period as promised and I will keep you guys posted on any latest developments.

I guess your problem is mainly due to the lack of Boutique at your country. Even if you bought it from an AD (which I am not ensure if your country has an official one), I consider that OP should be able to get back to you with an email and they will inform the AD to take some actions.

I fully agree that all parts of the watch are the same colour when it is brand new by anyone without any problems on reading colours.
I was just emailing Panerai for some updates...

Thank you and hope you are well!
Old 15 November 2011, 01:06 PM   #72
giuliosax
"TRF" Member

the watch is like a lady she treats like u treat her
giuliosax is offline   Reply With Quote