The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 30 November 2023, 03:45 PM   #1
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Watch: pp and only pp
Order rubber strap color different from your Aquanaut watch

Hi all,

For those using PP Aquanaut, either 5267/200a or 5968a/g, have you ever ordered the rubber strap different from your default watch color with the PP service center (not AD)? My partner would like to order black strap for her 5267 green, and I would like to order green strap for my 5968a. I'm not sure if it works with PP service center because my AD does not allow it.

Thank you in advance.
huydoan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 03:58 PM   #2
HMHM
"TRF" Member

It differs from dealer to dealer. Salons will not allow it officially as they require you to bring in the watch before they cut the strap to size for you. Some ADs will follow the rules set by Patek where you need to have the watch for that particular strap. If you are close to your dealer, they can order the strap for you under their account without Patek knowing it’s for another watch. See if they can work something out for you.
HMHM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 04:29 PM   #3
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMHM View Post
It differs from dealer to dealer. Salons will not allow it officially as they require you to bring in the watch before they cut the strap to size for you. Some ADs will follow the rules set by Patek where you need to have the watch for that particular strap. If you are close to your dealer, they can order the strap for you under their account without Patek knowing it’s for another watch. See if they can work something out for you.
my AD does not allow it unfortunately, so I look for order from any service centers in southeast asia. thank you for your advice
Old 30 November 2023, 04:44 PM   #4
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huydoan View Post
Hi all,

For those using PP Aquanaut, either 5267/200a or 5968a/g, have you ever ordered the rubber strap different from your default watch color with the PP service center (not AD)? My partner would like to order black strap for her 5267 green, and I would like to order green strap for my 5968a. I'm not sure if it works with PP service center because my AD does not allow it.

Thank you in advance.
In the US here, you can do it through HSNY as long as it fits. I could have ordered the 5968a strap for the 5968G. No proof of ownership is needed except for the red strap from the Singapore edition 5167 as it is a limited edition. I read another TRFer actually has a friend ordered the red 5167 strap for him as his friend owns a Singapore edition 5167.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 05:15 PM   #5
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
In the US here, you can do it through HSNY as long as it fits. I could have ordered the 5968a strap for the 5968G. No proof of ownership is needed except for the red strap from the Singapore edition 5167 as it is a limited edition. I read another TRFer actually has a friend ordered the red 5167 strap for him as his friend owns a Singapore edition 5167.
wonderful. I suppose HSNY is the PP service center in the US right?
Old 30 November 2023, 07:02 PM   #6
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by huydoan View Post
wonderful. I suppose HSNY is the PP service center in the US right?
It is Henry Stern NY. Contact Tracy, she is the strap guru there but I am not sure if they can sell to non-US collectors though. We usually call and tell her which reference we have and she would know what fits and available in stock. If it is an alligator strap, you can even custom order. I did it for my 5320.

BTW, for 5167, you would need proof of ownership to get the bracelet in case you are interested.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2023, 08:18 PM   #7
huydoan
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
It is Henry Stern NY. Contact Tracy, she is the strap guru there but I am not sure if they can sell to non-US collectors though. We usually call and tell her which reference we have and she would know what fits and available in stock. If it is an alligator strap, you can even custom order. I did it for my 5320.

BTW, for 5167, you would need proof of ownership to get the bracelet in case you are interested.
perfect. thank you!