The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 14 February 2024, 01:54 AM   #1
_noah
"TRF" Member

Blancpain triple calendar 6595 - how to set?

Just purchased my first nice watch - a Blancpain 6595 triple calendar from ~1995.

I have a terribly dumb question though, how does one set the day of the week, date, month, and moonphase?

I found an article after much Googling about newer triple calendars on Blancpain's website, but the four "pins" on mine don't move (and I don't want to force them).

Seeking advice for anyone who owns/has owned/knows this watch have some advice on how easy it should be to press the pins OR if I'm missing something obvious and the watch should only be set at certain times (e.g. only press the pins when the watch is at 12:00)?

OR if anyone has a pdf of this watch's owners manual, that would likely be helpful as well!

Thanks in advance!
_noah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 06:25 AM   #2
MickeytheFixer
"TRF" Member

Congratulation on the purchase of your Blancpain Quantieme complet. I recently purchased a 2863 with caliber 6763 from ~ 2007 and was looking as well for detailed setting instructions. I set up an account on blancpain.com and entered the ref # of the watch in my collection. It automatically matched the watch with a user manual...but it was for a complete different watch. (Discover how your watch works > User Manual).
Next, I emailed Blancpain customer service from inside the account to get assistance. It took 4-5 days to get an response that they do not have a manual for my ref #, but they supplied a pdf for a model with the same caliber. Good enough for me.
General wisdom is that calendar functions should not be reset between 10pm-3am while the date change is in progress. Moonphase should be left alone from 5-9pm.
Best, Michael
MickeytheFixer is offline   Reply With Quote