The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 27 September 2020, 01:09 AM   #1
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Bremont Broadsword

Couldn't find one post about the British company Bremont on this forum, so I'd thought I share this new pick-up, the Broadsword.

Really digging it so far, and love the story behind the company and the collaboration with the Royal Armed Forces. I'm a Scotsman whose great-grandfather was in the Royal Highlanders (WWI) and grandfather was in the Royal Navy (WWII), so the brand appeals to me for obvious reasons.

Easy to look up details of the company and specs of the watch (40mm), but I'll add that I especially like the super-cool retro design and the domed sapphire crystal, along with the quality and fit/finish of the watch. It's also got a hacking chronometer movement. At 13mm thick (same as a modern Submariner), it's got a very nice heft and some great design touches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BREMONT BROADSWORD-TRF.jpg (272.8 KB, 263 views)
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 07:43 AM   #2
Dave455
"TRF" Member

I’ve got a local dealer who’s really into Bremont and keeps a sizeable stock, so I’ve had the chance to see quite a few.

I was very impressed with the quality of the cases. I wasn’t expecting to be, but I was. The design of the 3 piece case is well thought out and works well on a “tool” watch. I thought they were pretty well put together too.

My only concern with Bremont is that they don’t have a lot of heritage, and I think that shows in some of the designs, but they’re getting better and better and I think they are now producing some future classics.

My favourite is the “Airco” (shown below) but the “Broadsword” is another. They’re both a good mix of classic design but modern durability. Yours looks superb - good choice on the strap too, looks perfect!

If the English brothers can produce their own in house movement (which I know they want to), can make one of comparable quality to their cases, and sell it without any of the arrogance that comes with some Swiss manufacturers, they’re going to be unstoppable!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg D2DCE46E-FC44-4AE1-A176-53B29D96AD8F.jpeg (68.7 KB, 231 views)
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 09:19 AM   #3
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Didn't they get caught lying about their movements or something like that?
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 09:53 AM   #4
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Congrats ! I have an original MB2, great watch.

FYI, if you type “Bremont” into the search box, numerous threads w Bremont show up, in case you want to read more posts about their watches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 10:03 AM   #5
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

That is a beautiful watch. I’m liking it a lot. Enjoy!
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 10:35 AM   #6
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Yea they called a la joux perret movement in-house. So dumb, if they were just straightforward no one would care. Same thing with tag using a seiko movement calling it swiss made. Otherwise nice watches just lying in their marketing.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2020, 12:32 PM   #7
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Congrats
Old 27 September 2020, 11:41 PM   #8
Drdubzz
"TRF" Member

Watch: BB58, BB36
Big fan of the Broadsword. I had a chance to handle one a little while back and had I not just made a big watch purchase I would have picked it up. Just a really nice execution of the dirty dozen style
Old 28 September 2020, 06:02 AM   #9
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Yea they called a la joux perret movement in-house.
Well, not exactly true, and it was just one watch release more than six years ago. When you cut through all of the hogwash and Internet BS, it seems that Bremont just did a bad job describing how the movement was made. There were no "lies." Here's a detailed explanation:

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/real-st...atch-movement/

Either way, I certainly wouldn't hold it against the company. You either like a watch (and the price) when you try it on, or you don't. I really like the Broadsword a lot for a couple of reasons, but with the dial design, over-sized crown and the size/shape of the case, it feels and looks fantastic on my 6.75 inch wrist.

To get this kind of quality and a hacking chronometer for the money (about $3400 retail), doesn't seem too bad. And the customer service is fabulous. The watch comes standard on this cool green sail cloth and leather strap, but the boutique threw in a couple of other straps and a deployment clasp. Nice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bremont Green Strap-TRF.jpg (283.4 KB, 155 views)
Old 29 September 2020, 12:55 AM   #10
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchEater666 View Post
Who caught them, the truth police...
Old 29 September 2020, 06:04 AM   #11
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

Great looking watch and the size looks perfect.

I have always liked the idea of Bremont - thanks for bringing the Broadsword to my attention. I will definitely be checking it out next time I am able to get to a country with a Bremont retailer.
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2020, 10:11 AM   #12
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMoses View Post
Great looking watch and the size looks perfect.

I have always liked the idea of Bremont - thanks for bringing the Broadsword to my attention. I will definitely be checking it out next time I am able to get to a country with a Bremont retailer.
Thanks! If you can, visit one of their boutiques. I've been to the one in Mayfair, London, and the one in NYC on Madison, and they're both fantastic.

Very refreshing to have such a drama-free, pleasant watch-buying experience with great customer service (including a slight discount and some extra goodies). So tired of all the Rolex nonsense!
Old 30 September 2020, 06:24 AM   #13
RollinMoses
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Thanks! If you can, visit one of their boutiques. I've been to the one in Mayfair, London, and the one in NYC on Madison, and they're both fantastic.

Very refreshing to have such a drama-free, pleasant watch-buying experience with great customer service (including a slight discount and some extra goodies). So tired of all the Rolex nonsense!
Once there is a bit of a return to normality I had planned a trip to visit family in London so I may very well follow your advice and drop into the boutique!
RollinMoses is offline   Reply With Quote