The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 10 November 2019, 01:22 PM   #1
Wcdhtwn
"TRF" Member

Watch: SkyD, SD43, GMT2
Premier Automatic Day Date

This is my first post in the Breitling section. I’ve never owned one and they’ve never really been my thing, dials are just too busy and flashy. No offense to anyone.

Now that’s potentially changed with the Premier line, particularly the Day Date in Silver. But I know pretty much nothing about Breitlings so want to ask the knowledgeable here their opinions on this watch/line of watches. I know they aren’t going to appreciate, I’m not a flipper so don’t care. I think this line is very good looking, clean dials, not overly flashy especially with the leather bands.

I have to admit that I am surprised the Day Date only has a 38 hour power reserve when so many of their watches have much longer reserves, even in this line. Any reason for this? Is the case size limiting for the longer power reserve movements?

Any thoughts/info would be appreciated. I’d love to have a Day Date watch and would like even more not to have to spend almost $40,000 for a new DD from Rolex.

Thanks!
Wcdhtwn is offline   Reply With Quote