The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 13 February 2023, 02:36 AM   #91
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaTuna View Post
You are only getting this call because you have been buying other watches. Keep it up and one day you can get an openworks or a ceramic. Say no and you won't be called again.

AP wants wealthy clients that can buy multiple watches a year. Either that's you or it's not.
You’re probably right. I had a great year but this’ll be it for a long time. I spent my pennies, and I will leave Japan this summer and my SA says she probably won’t stick around there much longer either. All in all, I’m probably done for a while.
One could dream about getting an openworks or ceramic though!
Commandopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 11:42 AM   #92
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Still wearing the blue dial nearly daily and when I’m not it’s because I’m sporting the ROC.

The ROOC was sold to one of the trusted sellers here. I just couldn’t justify keeping it after having bought 3 AP’s in 12 months - financially it was just a little too irresponsible and I didn’t enjoy it like the RO’s.

I saw it on the trusted sellers website for a day or so and then it disappeared, but despite that it is still linked to my AP account as one of my 3 watches. I presume AP will only know I sold it once someone else registers it, right? But if it was sold then why have they not registered it, unless it was sold to another dealer who still has it?

Any ideas?
Thank you,
~Pat
Old 30 March 2023, 06:57 PM   #93
AshAP
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP Royal Oak
I was at AP House a couple of weeks ago with a friend who had bought a used but like new LE Diver and struggled to register it. AP said they’d deal with the registration and pointed out that the moment the registration shows on his profile it’ll leave the previous profile immediately. Maybe the new owner doesn’t know that they can register it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AshAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 07:09 PM   #94
APWorldTour
"TRF" Member

When we picked up my girlfriend's RO it got linked to my account presumably as I had paid for it. When I got home I added it to her account and it was immediately removed from mine.
APWorldTour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 08:48 PM   #95
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Thank you. As I expected, maybe the TS moved it to another vendor and it hasn’t sold yet, or maybe it was sold and simply hasn’t been added. I guess we’ll see.
Old 30 March 2023, 11:00 PM   #96
Reign
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandopat View Post
Still wearing the blue dial nearly daily and when I’m not it’s because I’m sporting the ROC.

The ROOC was sold to one of the trusted sellers here. I just couldn’t justify keeping it after having bought 3 AP’s in 12 months - financially it was just a little too irresponsible and I didn’t enjoy it like the RO’s.

I saw it on the trusted sellers website for a day or so and then it disappeared, but despite that it is still linked to my AP account as one of my 3 watches. I presume AP will only know I sold it once someone else registers it, right? But if it was sold then why have they not registered it, unless it was sold to another dealer who still has it?

Any ideas?
Thank you,
~Pat

New owner has re registered it. Not everyone cares like us on this forum - not much to do here except to enjoy what you have and maybe it’ll stay that way for awhile and keep your options open down the line post your move!

Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 11:06 PM   #97
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign View Post
New owner has re registered it. Not everyone cares like us on this forum - not much to do here except to enjoy what you have and maybe it’ll stay that way for awhile and keep your options open down the line post your move!

I would love to be able to buy another AP in the future but time will tell!
Old 26 May 2023, 05:38 PM   #98
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Figured I’d update here. Almost 2 months later and I still absolutely love the Blue dial. I definitely appreciate all the enablers who told me I should buy it. The 26420 ROC has been worn but not as much as the 15510. I think this could theoretically become my one watch were it not for my desire to have something more robust.

Ironically I wore the DSSD once or twice and it now feels incredibly top heavy. I believe I still need a Rolex in my collection so I started a thread over in the Rolex section looking for suggestions but we’ll see. I love the pics of the GMT II meteor dial but it’s small. Maybe the Sky dweller would suit me more.

Anyway, I leave Japan in a week so this weekend my wife and I have one last trip to Tokyo. We are stopping my a museum to look at some Samurai swords - because who doesn’t want a 600 year old Katana?!? And then I have an appointment with my SA to just look around and say thank you for all her help.

~Pat
Old 26 May 2023, 08:41 PM   #99
l_chissle
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Figured I’d update here. Almost 2 months later and I still absolutely love the Blue dial. I definitely appreciate all the enablers who told me I should buy it. The 26420 ROC has been worn but not as much as the 15510. I think this could theoretically become my one watch were it not for my desire to have something more robust.

Ironically I wore the DSSD once or twice and it now feels incredibly top heavy. I believe I still need a Rolex in my collection so I started a thread over in the Rolex section looking for suggestions but we’ll see. I love the pics of the GMT II meteor dial but it’s small. Maybe the Sky dweller would suit me more.

Anyway, I leave Japan in a week so this weekend my wife and I have one last trip to Tokyo. We are stopping my a museum to look at some Samurai swords - because who doesn’t want a 600 year old Katana?!? And then I have an appointment with my SA to just look around and say thank you for all her help.

~Pat
Very pleased that you have found something that you never want to take off. And your last sentence shows exactly why you've had such a good relationship with your SA. There's a genuineness there that I think a bunch of the threads along the lines of "what gift should I give my SA" fail to grasp.

Look forward to seeing if your AP journey continues wherever you end up!
l_chissle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 03:27 PM   #100
NTCP8
"TRF" Member

You will definitely miss Japan... Still my favourite country in Asia. Feels more like home than Hong Kong, or my home country.

All that the best wherever you get re-located at!
NTCP8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2023, 03:43 PM   #101
slim
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG DD,SD43,Pam104
Quote:

~Pat
Have fun in Tokyo Pat. Hope you guys have a safe journey home!
slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 May 2023, 05:17 PM   #102
Commandopat
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_chissle View Post
Very pleased that you have found something that you never want to take off. And your last sentence shows exactly why you've had such a good relationship with your SA. There's a genuineness there that I think a bunch of the threads along the lines of "what gift should I give my SA" fail to grasp.

Look forward to seeing if your AP journey continues wherever you end up!
Thank you. Visit went well and tried on a few pieces but nothing jumped out.
Tried on the RG RO on blue leather but it’s just too much blue for me.
Tried on a green 15510 on steel and it was surprisingly nice. I’ve been very skeptical of it because I didn’t like them in pics but in person the green jumps out quite nicely!
Also tried on a green steel Code but that too did nothing for me. It’s nice but not something I’d buy or wear. I can appreciate those who like them and why it’s just not for me.
I asked to be added on the list for a WG 15510. Although I didn’t see it in person I think k I’d really like the blue dial and WG bracelet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NTCP8 View Post
You will definitely miss Japan... Still my favourite country in Asia. Feels more like home than Hong Kong, or my home country.

All that the best wherever you get re-located at!
Thank you. You’re right, there are some things I will certainly miss - how much pride everyone takes in everything they do is definitely a big part of it. Just that innate pride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim View Post
Have fun in Tokyo Pat. Hope you guys have a safe journey home!
Thank you. I haven’t been to an amusement park in 21 years and I know why - it’s just too much fun and joy… and people… and… yikes. Love my wife though and she wanted to go. Happy wife, happy life..

Now I need a drink!