The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 May 2023, 06:53 AM   #31
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Congratulations! Lovely watch!
Old 30 May 2023, 07:13 AM   #32
Ohiorolex
"TRF" Member

Congratulations. When I have inquired about buying a display model, the AD told me they were not allowed to sell them. I know Rolex makes the AD pay for the watches but I was led to believe they didn’t have the ability to sell them. Did your SA tell you why the could sell you the watch
Ohiorolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 11:10 AM   #33
1AP
"TRF" Member

I am obsessed with my 124270. Getting way too much wrist time vs everose daytona, bluesy, datejust, bb58
1AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 11:39 AM   #34
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiorolex View Post
Congratulations. When I have inquired about buying a display model, the AD told me they were not allowed to sell them. I know Rolex makes the AD pay for the watches but I was led to believe they didn’t have the ability to sell them. Did your SA tell you why the could sell you the watch
Read the post a few back, about the warranty card. Rolex withholds the cards to prevent sales (until it decides otherwise) and apparently authorized the sale of this one.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 02:14 PM   #35
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeatable View Post
I have been on the list for an Explorer 1 for awhile now and finally got the call (well email) today! My AD let me know she had one available for me, but that it was the display model if I wanted it. I told her yes and a few hours later, it was on my wrist. Watch was in perfect condition as it had all the plastic wrap on it. This is the first time I have been able to buy a Rolex direct from an AD!

One neat thing is when she first got this display model in last year, I was the first one to try it on (I put my name down on the list as soon as Rolex announced it, so she emailed me as soon as the display came in). So I was able to buy the exact one I tried on and made me fall in love with the Explorer 1.

Bonus gift, she gave me the Rolex pen I used to sign the receipt.

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.470.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
fskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 02:37 PM   #36
Oldfellow
2024 Pledge Member

Congratulations, a good story, you will be very happy with the Explorer.
Oldfellow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2023, 10:09 PM   #37
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeatable View Post
Thanks all! Long wait but worth it for sure.

Broke her in at a wedding last night:

It was a working model. They did have the non-working models for a little, but those quickly got swapped out for functional models a few months later.

Warranty card will be dated the date I bought it (May 27th, 2023). The card is being sent to them by Rolex, so they are just going to mail it to me once it comes in. I could have waited until the card came to buy it, but I didn't want to wait.

So when I went in to pick up the watch, I saw they had the new 40mm Explorer 1 on display. I asked about it and she said she just got it in. I am guessing (I didn't ask) since they got that one, they could swap out the 36mm steel one and just keep the new 40mm and the two-tone 36mm as their Explorer 1 display models.

When she contacted me saying she had a Explorer 1 for me, she did say "this was the demo model, it is still wrapped in its factory plastic, but just want to let you know in case you want to wait for a non-display model". I said as long as its not scratched or anything, I will take it.
Aside from a great watch, you also seem to have found a great SA. I say that because that level of transparency isn't exactly common. As someone who'd probably have preferred to wait on brand new (me acknowledging being weird, not advocating any good reason for waiting, lol) I'd have appreciated her proactively offering the choices she did.
Old 31 May 2023, 02:40 AM   #38
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Thanks all!

One interesting thing I just notice, is that sticker has the word "Presentation" on it. I don't have another one to compare, does anyone else's sticker have that on there?

Old 31 May 2023, 04:58 AM   #39
dannyp
Banned

Interesting. I suspect that it’s to ensure any SA knows not to sell that specific watch, since it doesn’t have a warranty card available (at least until it does). Otherwise, could lead to some confusing situations. I’m also curious whether there was an MSRP on the other side, since I think that sticker is usually where it’s displayed.
Old 31 May 2023, 05:00 AM   #40
Undefeatable
"TRF" Member

Watch: 124060
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
Interesting. I suspect that it’s to ensure any SA knows not to sell that specific watch, since it doesn’t have a warranty card available (at least until it does). Otherwise, could lead to some confusing situations. I’m also curious whether there was an MSRP on the other side, since I think that sticker is usually where it’s displayed.
It did have the MSRP on the other size, standard price ($7250)
Old 31 May 2023, 08:27 AM   #41
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2023, 09:48 AM   #42
jdoc7
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Congrats on your new acquisition! I recently acuired a Sub date that was also an exhibition model. I cannot post pictures yet but there is an extra white tag that says 'Exhibition Model only'. I did not know ahead of time, that I was being offered an exhibition model. It did have all the stickers and was in perfect condition so I was happy to buy it.
126710BLNR
BB41 Burgundy METAS
jdoc7 is offline   Reply With Quote