The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old 23 March 2020, 01:32 AM   #3331
CamSLC
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex & Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeychitwood View Post
My middle daughter, age 36, wife and mother of three young children is sick. High fever, body aches, headache, cough, chest pain and tightness, shortness of breath with exertion and sore throat. She contacted her health provider in Minneapolis, a major university system. She was told she couldn’t be tested for Covid-19. They are only allowed to test people when the results might drive a decision to admit to a hospital, start a ventilator, etc. So, she needs to stay put.

If she has Coronavirus but doesn’t become critically ill, we will never know. The true incidence of the disease in the US will remain a mystery. This is completely unacceptable.
I'm very sorry to hear this. I hope she makes a healthy recovery either with, or without a full diagnosis. I agree entirely with your sentiment regarding testing. Stay safe and stay healthy.
Old 23 March 2020, 01:40 AM   #3332
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
My middle daughter, age 36, wife and mother of three young children is sick. High fever, body aches, headache, cough, chest pain and tightness, shortness of breath with exertion and sore throat. She contacted her health provider in Minneapolis, a major university system. She was told she couldn’t be tested for Covid-19. They are only allowed to test people when the results might drive a decision to admit to a hospital, start a ventilator, etc. So, she needs to stay put.

If she has Coronavirus but doesn’t become critically ill, we will never know. The true incidence of the disease in the US will remain a mystery. This is completely unacceptable.
Wishing her the best in recovery from illness and ongoing health.
Old 23 March 2020, 01:42 AM   #3333
904VT
"TRF" Member

Watch: All Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Guys bare with me.

Japan is not taking this seriously.

Business as usual. All businesses open except for Apple.

Bars full. Starbucks full. People out dining. Shopping. No social distancing. Maybe 1/2 of the people I see wearing masks.

I made a Costco run. Stocked up on food and dog food for my dog. I'm self isolating.

I just got my b%&#s busted by friends because I don't want to go out drinking with them.

Many many Japanese are returning from overseas that were studying, working or travelling.

Very elderly population here.

Schools are re-opening.

I'm not criticizing a country and a society that I love but I am very concerned.

This could get ugly fast. What am I missing? How does Japan have such a low incidence?
Stay safe Gaijin. I’m sure your pup will love all this extra time with you though on the bright side.
Old 23 March 2020, 01:49 AM   #3334
FTX I
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Sorry to hear. I wish all the best to your daughter and your family.
Old 23 March 2020, 01:50 AM   #3335
Gaijin
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ing your back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 904VT View Post
Stay safe Gaijin. I’m sure your pup will love all this extra time with you though on the bright side.
Old 23 March 2020, 01:52 AM   #3336
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Hanes Brands has secured a contract to manufacture up to 1.5 M surgical masks for the US gov. This will take place in Latin American plants which are switching from clothing production to masks.

https://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...029be623e.html
Old 23 March 2020, 01:54 AM   #3337
mountainjogger
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: M99230B-0008
Quote:

I am so sorry Doc. I hope she has a complete recovery.
Old 23 March 2020, 01:55 AM   #3338
Art 1
Banned

Watch: Rol/Seik/Tud/Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainjogger View Post
Hanes Brands has secured a contract to manufacture up to 1.5 M surgical masks for the US gov. This will take place in Latin American plants which are switching from clothing production to masks.

https://www.journalnow.com/news/loca...029be623e.html
That's good. The downer is that they are not a USA plant, hopefully we have learned a lesson in all this.
Old 23 March 2020, 02:04 AM   #3339
dimag333
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art 1 View Post
That's good. The downer is that they are not a USA plant, hopefully we have learned a lesson in all this.
This!

steve
Old 23 March 2020, 02:06 AM   #3340
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Quote:

So sorry to hear this.
Old 23 March 2020, 02:21 AM   #3341
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Quote:

I'm incredibly sorry to hear this news. With the lack of tests or testing it really does make you wonder. I really hope she can fight it off quickly and be back to normal, ASAP.
Old 23 March 2020, 02:24 AM   #3342
joeychitwood
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolexes & Tudors
Quote:
Originally Posted by 77T View Post
.... scientists might study the curves of infections to see if this yields insight into COVID-19 mortality rates. If Japan’s experience in 2-4 weeks isn’t much different than USA, then perhaps we gain new knowledge.
That’s a very good point. The results could be very helpful when the day comes that world societies and economies can no longer function in lockdown or isolation.

My daughter is feeling slightly better now. No one else in the family is ill. Two weeks ago, they all developed Influenza B (they were tested) and each finished 10 day courses of Tamiflu which greatly reduced symptoms. Emily’s new illness developed after fully recovering (presumably) from Influenza B, which is not covered by the flu vaccine.
Old 23 March 2020, 02:30 AM   #3343
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
That’s a very good point. The results could be very helpful when the day comes that world societies and economies can no longer function in lockdown or isolation.

My daughter is feeling slightly better now. No one else in the family is ill. Two weeks ago, they all developed Influenza B (they were tested) and each finished 10 day courses of Tamiflu which greatly reduced symptoms. Emily’s new illness developed after fully recovering (presumably) from Influenza B, which is not covered by the flu vaccine.
I did not know that about influenza B. I had the flu shot this year and I got influenza B over Christmas. Thanks

Prayers for your family doc.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 23 March 2020, 02:42 AM   #3344
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:

Wow, this is hard news. I hope she and her children are all feeling better soon.

Your report of tests being limited to those admitted to hospitals seems to be the norm all over now. We likely will never know how many people contract Covid-19.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 23 March 2020, 02:55 AM   #3345
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
Wow, this is hard news. I hope she and her children are all feeling better soon.

Your report of tests being limited to those admitted to hospitals seems to be the norm all over now. We likely will never know how many people contract Covid-19.
Soon enough we will have millions upon millions of tests. Enough that when all this is over with they will be throwing tons of them out. Meanwhile they are already coming up with tests to figure out who has had it and who hasn’t.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Old 23 March 2020, 02:58 AM   #3346
77T

Quote:

I hope she was just in a slight setback from the flu.

I got the quad shot this year and have had a flu shot every year for past 40+ years after having flu once...never had it again. With all the variations over that period, I figure my little cells are an immuno-smorgasbord. :chuckle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
Old 23 March 2020, 03:00 AM   #3347
RWH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post

Well perhaps right now because we are fairly limited and need to make sure the people who need it most gets tested first. Eventually once that's we get a huge surplus of the tests we can start testing people without symptoms that has come into contact with those that were infected further reducing the spread
Old 23 March 2020, 03:12 AM   #3348
rlx123
"TRF" Member

It is now late march and the situation has gotten worse in Italy. I used to think that the influenza virus causes more death than corona, but it hadn’t overwhelmed the hospital system like the corona in such a short time.
Old 23 March 2020, 03:44 AM   #3349
Burlington
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryantto View Post
It is now late march and the situation has gotten worse in Italy. I used to think that the influenza virus causes more death than corona, but it hadn’t overwhelmed the hospital system like the corona in such a short time.

The it’s ‘not as bad as flu’ misinformation has been in my view a cause of even now many people failing to take this as seriously as it should be.

― Winston S. Churchill
Old 23 March 2020, 03:56 AM   #3350
Doc Savage
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: Explorer 214270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Soon enough we will have millions upon millions of tests. Enough that when all this is over with they will be throwing tons of them out. Meanwhile they are already coming up with tests to figure out who has had it and who hasn’t.
Perhaps. I hope you're right, and that they are accurate. So often, when these things are rushed, the tests provide tons of false positive results.

-Edward O. Wilson
Old 23 March 2020, 03:58 AM   #3351
Lomez
"TRF" Member

One of my pts had an Sub on last night, made me think of you guys.. leave your watches at home if you go to the hospital btw.

I'm seeing about 12-14 hour turn around for swab results, and they are getting driven 45 min away to the lab. Seeing lots of pts on hydroxychloroquine & azithroymycin. Had 3 pts that had to be intubated last night, one of them could have possible been avoided, both had serious comorbs. Seeing more loose stools than originally expected, and also seeing some up and down temps, and then stabilizing around 100-101.

I need to try and find answers about IV steroid use, if any of you know have anything? Seen some toradol usage, not alot of ibuf orders. All in all, the numbers are increasing and the hospitals will run out of airborne rooms soon id imagine. We get changes to policy daily, hard to keep up- at once point my place was only rec airborne ROOMs for those getting breathing tx. Idk.. we'll see what tom holds.

FRom what ive seen so far, we could benefit from having a stricter threshold for admission, send the true med surg / floor levels home to monitor with strict instructions on when to come back, give them an pulse ox even- cheaper than an admit.. so that we have more rooms for the IMC/PCU level pts, those are the ones that need to be watched like hawks.

-Charge Nurse on a 22 bed Covid+ or rule out unit (once they result neg we boot em immediately)
Old 23 March 2020, 04:11 AM   #3352
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomez View Post
One of my pts had an Sub on last night, made me think of you guys.. leave your watches at home if you go to the hospital btw.

I'm seeing about 12-14 hour turn around for swab results, and they are getting driven 45 min away to the lab. Seeing lots of pts on hydroxychloroquine & azithroymycin. Had 3 pts that had to be intubated last night, one of them could have possible been avoided, both had serious comorbs. Seeing more loose stools than originally expected, and also seeing some up and down temps, and then stabilizing around 100-101.

I need to try and find answers about IV steroid use, if any of you know have anything? Seen some toradol usage, not alot of ibuf orders. All in all, the numbers are increasing and the hospitals will run out of airborne rooms soon id imagine. We get changes to policy daily, hard to keep up- at once point my place was only rec airborne ROOMs for those getting breathing tx. Idk.. we'll see what tom holds.

FRom what ive seen so far, we could benefit from having a stricter threshold for admission, send the true med surg / floor levels home to monitor with strict instructions on when to come back, give them an pulse ox even- cheaper than an admit.. so that we have more rooms for the IMC/PCU level pts, those are the ones that need to be watched like hawks.

-Charge Nurse on a 22 bed Covid+ or rule out unit (once they result neg we boot em immediately)
How is this comparing to influenza that you would see?

Are the patients sicker and more of them coming in?
Old 23 March 2020, 04:27 AM   #3353
Lomez
"TRF" Member

My sample size is so small, that my observation shouldnt even be voiced at this point. We've only been the covid PCA/IMC for a week...

And as charge I only go into rooms to help or if something is wrong. I do go thru every chart tho, vitals and temp seem flu like, but the o2 needs seem a tad higher. Some ppl havent needed any supplemental 02, some 1-2L, minority hi-flo 02, and so far- a very small % need more in my short short experience.
Old 23 March 2020, 04:33 AM   #3354
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My sample size is so small, that my observation shouldnt even be voiced at this point. We've only been the covid PCA/IMC for a week...

And as charge I only go into rooms to help or if something is wrong. I do go thru every chart tho, vitals and temp seem flu like, but the o2 needs seem a tad higher. Some ppl havent needed any supplemental 02, some 1-2L, minority hi-flo 02, and so far- a very small % need more in my short short experience.
Thanks for your insight.

Hopefully the heat and humidity coming to FL soon will help mitigate spread.

I'm afraid above 30L N will have a rough 8 weeks or so.
Old 23 March 2020, 04:48 AM   #3355
Carry The Interest
"TRF" Member

Watch: RLX, ALS
Quote:

Quote:

Thank you for everything you are doing and taking the time to share your insight with us. I hope you stay safe and well while helping these people in need.
Old 23 March 2020, 04:49 AM   #3356
77T

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

...and now for something completely different - NASCAR decided to race today at Homestead Miami Speedway.

No fans in the stands. Live right now on your cable service on Fox Sports 1 channel if you need some diversion.

Now, here’s the hook. It’s iRacing mode. Not exactly the same...it’s like the IMSA race from Sebring yesterday.

I share this for you to consider that they are at least trying to provide fans something new (to them), innovative and entertaining

The second reason is this: Forty years ago a blinding blizzard shut down the Northeast and that made NASCAR history.

FEBRUARY 18, 1979 – CBS presented the first live flag-to-flag coverage of a 500-mile NASCAR event with the Daytona 500, a show not soon to be forgotten as Richard Petty avoided an incident between Cale Yarborough and Donnie Allison on the last lap to win the race. With Petty racing by to take the checkered flag, Yarborough, Donnie Allison and Bobby Allison are involved in a fight in the infield grass, between Turns 3 and 4.

Today may mark a new direction because of coronavirus for dangerous sports. It has been fun watching these “good ole boys” grapple with things like logging into their iRacing account so they could take the green flag.

Old 23 March 2020, 04:53 AM   #3357
Silvio_86
"TRF" Member

Small update from Italy.... up to now I am ok... my family too.... but.... people from bergamo and brescia (north east of Milan area) are suffering the most... all factories non related to food will be closed till 3rd of april... Ferrari closed too but we are smart working... here we have tested at least 300k people... don't know how it is going elsewhere in the world, but my opinion is that everyone in critical areas should be tested.
Old 23 March 2020, 04:55 AM   #3358
77T

the Coronavirus outbreak thread

Quote:

Thank you - your work on the front line along with your associates is a fine example of people who risk things for the benefit of others.

Are you at JMH by any chance?

Old 23 March 2020, 05:06 AM   #3359
Lomez
"TRF" Member

Sorry been a while since I’ve been here. Need to update my profile, I live in Michigan now.
Old 23 March 2020, 05:10 AM   #3360
TswaneNguni
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas/Subs/GMTs
Quote:

From what I understand steroid and NSAIDs is a NO .
Send me your cellphone number and I will whatsapp you our protocol regarding medicine use .
Closed Thread