The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 30 March 2023, 05:50 PM   #61
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by -94- View Post
Proof is in from Rolex themselves they tell ADs earlier today in seminar on new watches people don't believe don't know why so just go ask Rolex yourself if you don't believe

I'm new so trouble understanding why no one say thank you -94- for giving us information I try to help people
Do you, by any chance, happen to have an LV yourself?
Number3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 05:57 PM   #62
diver2012
"TRF" Member

Watch: N/A
What a shame. I had my name down for a Starbucks but don't like the new colour.

It's clearly different from all the videos shared online.
diver2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 07:00 PM   #63
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

The one on the right looks washed out. Hope it's just the lighting.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 07:32 PM   #64
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvelynWaugh View Post
This has been confirmed at least by people that saw it in person at WW2023. Adrian Barker posted a video of it shown at around 1 minute mark.
I also don't think it's a big deal at all. 126710 BLRO bezel insert went through at least 3 revisions.

Edit: Didn't realize someone else already made a post about this in another thread. Now I can't tell if Adrian Barker is click baiting. In the video he is describing it as a being a "Much brighter green"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCoA...l=AdrianBarker

Thanks for the video.

Sorry, not convinced by a YouTuber (even if I like Adrian Barker). He makes his claim based on a watch under harsh lighting.

Without a written statement from Rolex, this all seems like internet fluff to me.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 08:12 PM   #65
azcii
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm82 View Post
Rolex does an online Teams-presentation for all the ADs sales staff, and it's confirmed it's a new hue.

What more, the serial number will be linked to the type of insert, so if you break your insert and go to an AD, you will receive a MK1 bezel if you have a MK1 watch and so on.

The new insert will have some sort of marking on the back of it to indicate it is a MK2 bezel.

They did the colour change to more liken the lighter hue of the original 16610LV insert, they felt the current one was too dark.
Will the new lighter green bezel be used for only one year (70 year anniversary) or is this the new color rom now on?
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 08:15 PM   #66
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wm82 View Post
Rolex does an online Teams-presentation for all the ADs sales staff, and it's confirmed it's a new hue.

What more, the serial number will be linked to the type of insert, so if you break your insert and go to an AD, you will receive a MK1 bezel if you have a MK1 watch and so on.

The new insert will have some sort of marking on the back of it to indicate it is a MK2 bezel.

They did the colour change to more liken the lighter hue of the original 16610LV insert, they felt the current one was too dark.

Love it. That's what awesome about it
Old 30 March 2023, 09:27 PM   #67
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I fail to capture the excitement of this "new release" somehow.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2023, 10:08 PM   #68
tifosi
"TRF" Member

two renders tell us nothing.
Old 30 March 2023, 10:19 PM   #69
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

I photograph the LVC a lot and the color shift with different lighting is like hitting a moving target. I can show 3 very hi res pics you would swear Rolex changed the ceramic hue slightly. I know ceramic color batches can change slightly without Rolex trying.
I am not ready to go down the BLRO road just yet as the Pepsi had the complex issue of two colors and overlay blending issues. What I can’t believe is any ceramic hue changes and equate it to an anniversary without a Rolex press release.

I think we are still at the questionable speculation stage.
Old 30 March 2023, 10:21 PM   #70
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Still can't believe Chewy got his paws? hands? claws? on a MKII Sub LV already.
Old 30 March 2023, 11:56 PM   #71
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Pablito now only you can confirm ok when you do come back and say -94- was right very strange you don’t believe
My friend what I don't understand at this point is why everything I could say should be misinterpreted by you. I've never mention anything which could lead to such a conclusion, I'd be rather happy if you're right since I already own a LV.

At the end of the day I don't really care who's right or wrong, but I just want to share with other members who can't see by themselves, if there is really something to notice between both colors, and mostly if it deserves thousand pages of discussions..

So please stop taking this so emotional and acting as if you were kinda Chatgpt sent from the Grey Market world to rise a speculation around this MK1 sub LV to unload their long sleeping inventory. On the long run, this really looks like this..

Keep ind mind that if you're right, I'm right as well . There is no offense here.
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:13 AM   #72
Mr. Drunmond
"TRF" Member

There are approx 500 126610LVs for sale right now on Chrono24 around $17-18k. For those who are so sure its going to be a collectable. There is your retirement plan.

Go get a loan for 10 million dollars. Buy 500 "MK1" bezels. When they go to just 50k (not even the $100k that has been offered as a future price point). You make over 27 million dollars. Over 17 million in profit.

Its a sure thing right?
Mr. Drunmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:24 AM   #73
too solid
"TRF" Member

I've watched countless videos and browsed numerous pictures of the LV over the years as its one of my favorite subs. I still don't know what to expect in person as all angles and lighting environments seem to change the look. From a few videos and pictures nobody can be certain until we see a clear side by side comparison of the so called, "new" version.
too solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:44 AM   #74
askdanny
"TRF" Member

Watch: Clock on my A330
Confirmed by Geneva. It’s different. Details here, with quote from Rolex:

https://www.rolexmagazine.com/2023/0...ghtens-up.html
Old 31 March 2023, 12:46 AM   #75
WBaileyii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610/126610LV
This is so wrong!! Everyone KNOWS that Squatch wears a Rootbeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
I photograph the LVC a lot and the color shift with different lighting is like hitting a moving target. I can show 3 very hi res pics you would swear Rolex changed the ceramic hue slightly. I know ceramic color batches can change slightly without Rolex trying.
I am not ready to go down the BLRO road just yet as the Pepsi had the complex issue of two colors and overlay blending issues. What I can’t believe is any ceramic hue changes and equate it to an anniversary without a Rolex press release.

WBaileyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 12:48 AM   #76
azcii
"TRF" Member

Well I guess Starbucks and Cermit are different watches now
azcii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:06 AM   #77
bjdub
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV
I was skeptical at first but I have seen enough now that I think it might be legit. I still can't decide which color I prefer. Need to see more real life pictures over the coming months.

Here is a question though - Since they share the same reference number, what happens when an older LV goes into service sometime over the next few years with a damaged insert? I would assume once Rolex clears out their cache of current replacement parts, it would come back with the new shade of green? Anyone with a BLRO have experience with this?
bjdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:12 AM   #78
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshame View Post
To be honest, every carried over reference from last year looks slightly different on the NEW Rolex website. From the bezels to the bracelets to the dials, all slightly different. And this is expected as they are computer generated images.

On another note, I was going to start a new thread on the topic of the new Rolex website ... I know it's new and more modern and interactive, and I'll get used to it soon enough, but does anyone else feel as though the new website is harder to navigate and less user friendly than the previous one?

100%! It’s a mess to navigate now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:13 AM   #79
Turb0wned
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post

It was confirmed by Rolex and the people that saw it at Watches and Wonders.
Old 31 March 2023, 01:24 AM   #80
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdub View Post
I was skeptical at first but I have seen enough now that I think it might be legit. I still can't decide which color I prefer. Need to see more real life pictures over the coming months.

Here is a question though - Since they share the same reference number, what happens when an older LV goes into service sometime over the next few years with a damaged insert? I would assume once Rolex clears out their cache of current replacement parts, it would come back with the new shade of green? Anyone with a BLRO have experience with this?
You have to remember that we are the only people who care about these insert colors. Rolex doesn't. There were at least 5 different shades of green for the aluminum bezel original LV Sub. If you sent it in for service and Rolex replaced the bezel, you got what got. Rolex doesn't care about the shade or the font or any of this crap that we agonize over.
Old 31 March 2023, 01:24 AM   #81
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

New & Old LV side by side

I already own both MK1 AND MK2*

*Depending on lighting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:25 AM   #82
johnliley
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potawatomi View Post
Yea the new nickname should be "green bezel submariner date" just like the last versions.
Thats what we called it in the old days, right? I remember in 2006 walking into the AD "hey you have a green bezeled sub?"
Old 31 March 2023, 01:29 AM   #83
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Old 31 March 2023, 01:31 AM   #84
too solid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post

Thanks for posting!
too solid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:35 AM   #85
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by askdanny View Post

Interesting article

“ But a representative at Rolex in Geneva confirmed to Jake's Rolex World our suspicions: The 2023 Submariner 126610LV, known also as the Kermit or Starbucks, has a slightly brighter bezel. The change in color was first reported by Adrian Barker.”

I wish the Rolex Rep could be named, or better yet an official company statement. Seems like a big miss to let a special anniversary color go under the radar

Regardless, the bezels do look different albeit in photos.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:37 AM   #86
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Rolex confirmed the changes? Where? In a "seminar" or to an AD?

Let's see the definitive proof. Until then, this is just internet smoke and mirrors.
Have you been pleased yet we all waiting for your final approval to make it official haha

I was only trying to inform members but that's ok watches do strange things with people
-94- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:40 AM   #87
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
Interesting article

“ But a representative at Rolex in Geneva confirmed to Jake's Rolex World our suspicions: The 2023 Submariner 126610LV, known also as the Kermit or Starbucks, has a slightly brighter bezel. The change in color was first reported by Adrian Barker.”

I wish the Rolex Rep could be named, or better yet an official company statement. Seems like a big miss to let a special anniversary color go under the radar

Regardless, the bezels do look different albeit in photos.
Well you want the names now ok I won't say but I spoke myself yesterday and now you understand if I say I know it believe me

Never was opinion like Milgauss or wrong about shadow for left side haha
-94- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:44 AM   #88
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Well you want the names now ok I won't say but I spoke myself yesterday and now you understand if I say I know it believe me

Never was opinion like Milgauss or wrong about shadow for left side haha
I didn’t say I don’t believe you, I just said it seems like a big miss for the company not to make an official announcement.

I believe you heard what you heard.
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:47 AM   #89
Nepats81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Drunmond View Post
There are approx 500 126610LVs for sale right now on Chrono24 around $17-18k. For those who are so sure its going to be a collectable. There is your retirement plan.

Go get a loan for 10 million dollars. Buy 500 "MK1" bezels. When they go to just 50k (not even the $100k that has been offered as a future price point). You make over 27 million dollars. Over 17 million in profit.

Its a sure thing right?
This is absurd. If you’re going to troll at least do a good job.

Instead of being negative, why dont you go out and buy an MK1 bezel for yourself and profit heavily in 10 years.

Winners win.
Nepats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 01:52 AM   #90
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
I always like darker. The rootbeer brown wasn’t dark enough, the bluesy dial too light blue, the current 12LV was too light in the light, the new one is too lime green. I traded for black, can’t get darker than that! Plus there won’t be this crap of changing colors, styles, etc from year to year with the black sub. Iconic and not changing!