The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 31 March 2023, 06:03 AM   #121
Mr. Drunmond
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepats81 View Post
This is absurd. If you’re going to troll at least do a good job.

Instead of being negative, why dont you go out and buy an MK1 bezel for yourself and profit heavily in 10 years.

Winners win.
Of course it is absurd, I'm pointing out the absurdity of claiming something will be rare and worth 100k in the future. Because if you really believed that you would buy 1 or 2 (or 500).

Why would I, as someone who isn't saying it will be a collectable buy one?.
Mr. Drunmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:13 AM   #122
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
oh my bad, I missed that part of this. Where is it stated?
Haha ok, you just will find out no point for me going further on, why keep trying to help with information when everyone get clever haha

Please, after it is common knowledge then come back to say appreciate you trying to give information
-94- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:20 AM   #123
Lz4000
"TRF" Member

What if the lighter green is only for this years anniversary and next year back to darker green.
This would make the new green special.

In the end it’s just green. The old Kermit had a Rehaut at some point and none of the watches before went crazy so everybody calm down
Lz4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:25 AM   #124
Pablito
"TRF" Member

On my way to Europe

Special reporter for TRF

Enjoy your watches guys!!

Sorry for poor quality due to HK at the bar ehehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7035.jpg (40.5 KB, 498 views)
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:25 AM   #125
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
oh my bad, I missed that part of this. Where is it stated?
Adrian Barker mentioned it in his video yesterday and also in his live video from W&W today…
harvey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:26 AM   #126
tifosi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablito View Post
On my way to Europe

Special reporter for TRF

Enjoy your watches guys!!

Sorry for poor quality due to HK at the bar ehehe
Is the Heineken MKI or MKII green??
Old 31 March 2023, 06:27 AM   #127
Pablito
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosi View Post
Is the Heineken MKI or MKII green??
It is a pre WW reference, limited edition
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:30 AM   #128
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz4000 View Post
What if the lighter green is only for this years anniversary and next year back to darker green.

I’m sure Adrian Barker will tell us soon enough. But only if we first go to his YouTube channel and drive his clicks ever higher and higher.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 06:46 AM   #129
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lz4000 View Post

In the end it’s just green. The old Kermit had a Rehaut at some point and none of the watches before went crazy so everybody calm down
Information is that it will be always like this from now on, no special edition, again that's ok no one has to believe me but this is being said by Rolex also.

So five more years likely before 75th anniversary makes MK1 about twice as rare by then. MK 1 from September 2020 to March 2023, 2 1/2 years compare to 5 years for new. Don't forget MK 1 less than 2 1/2 because took time to reach ADs so more like 2 years available.

This MK 1 LV special watch because first 2 years of full brand new model with original green bezel! Beautiful watch collector one!
Old 31 March 2023, 06:52 AM   #130
Swiftneck
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Credibility is earned on TRF over time and by what you add to the community over a duration of time. It has to be that way because there are always too many “drop-ins” thinking they will influence the largest and most respected Rolex forum on the internet. TRF is not like typical non-themed social media outlets like Facebook, Instagram, etc… Think of TRF as a protected “guild”.
This

Sendt fra min SM-F711B med Tapatalk
Swiftneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 07:04 AM   #131
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by -94- View Post
Haha ok, you just will find out no point for me going further on, why keep trying to help with information when everyone get clever haha

Please, after it is common knowledge then come back to say appreciate you trying to give information
Ok relax. It’s funny you think I should appreciate your contribution. So far it would seem you haven’t provided any actual info. Once again, unless I missed it, which I already (sincerely) said was possible. That’s why I asked where it was officially stated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey View Post
Adrian Barker mentioned it in his video yesterday and also in his live video from W&W today…
Thank you for this! I’ll do some googling to try to locate these videos. However, the OP said this was announced directly from rolex. This guy is a blogger/journalist no? What happened in the live video that confirms this was stated as a fact from rolex (like the OP is suggesting).
Chadridv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 07:08 AM   #132
lmcgbaj
"TRF" Member

Watch: es are FUN!!!
Yep. Mk2 is here and looks much better IMO. Looks like the OG aluminum colour.
Old 31 March 2023, 07:15 AM   #133
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Ok relax. It’s funny you think I should appreciate your contribution. So far it would seem you haven’t provided any actual info. Once again, unless I missed it, which I already (sincerely) said was possible. That’s why I asked where it was officially stated?

If I share with you information that I know it is from Rolex directly and you have interest in topic then why not appreciate that I shared with members?

I also give more information above about if only for this year, which it is not.

Maybe you don't care when people try to share with others but you want only from Rolex to you and you will find out that way. It's ok but you know you being clever when ask where "officially stated" when you know I say during seminar with ADs from Rolex but will not name you anyone haha
Old 31 March 2023, 07:45 AM   #134
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If I share with you information that I know it is from Rolex directly and you have interest in topic then why not appreciate that I shared with members?

I also give more information above about if only for this year, which it is not.

Maybe you don't care when people try to share with others but you want only from Rolex to you and you will find out that way. It's ok but you know you being clever when ask where "officially stated" when you know I say during seminar with ADs from Rolex but will not name you anyone haha
Quote:
Yes we will know comparison but we know for fact Rolex say change made.
Ok so the seminar part is what I missed, which is now the 3rd time I sincerely said I might have missed something. What I didn’t miss is you say “for fact rolex say change made”. So when I asked where it was stated, that’s when you can reply “the statement was made at a seminar”. It’s not that complicated to communicate this. Instead you condescendingly said I was trying to be clever. I’m just trying to get the info straight.

That said, I’m still genuinely curious. You were there or you’re just passing along info someone else (not to be named) told you?
Old 31 March 2023, 07:56 AM   #135
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Thank you for this! I’ll do some googling to try to locate these videos. However, the OP said this was announced directly from rolex. This guy is a blogger/journalist no? What happened in the live video that confirms this was stated as a fact from rolex (like the OP is suggesting).
I think what 94 is alluding to is that Rolex will be telling their AD’s via a conference call of the new references, and of any changes. Speaking to my AD today he stated Rolex does indeed do that but they haven’t had their call yet.

As for Adrian, he didn’t name his source as such. I appreciate he is a YouTuber but I have found him to be quite candid and not in any way to blow smoke…
Old 31 March 2023, 08:03 AM   #136
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I think what 94 is alluding to is that Rolex will be telling their AD’s via a conference call of the new references, and of any changes. Speaking to my AD today he stated Rolex does indeed do that but they haven’t had their call yet.

As for Adrian, he didn’t name his source as such. I appreciate he is a YouTuber but I have found him to be quite candid and not in any way to blow smoke…
Thanks for the reply! After looking up Adrian I realized I’ve seen his videos and like have no reason to doubt him nor do I doubt the OP, although I asked 3 times to tell me where it was stated “as fact” and couldn’t get a straight answer ever.

On a side note: I was one of the first people on the forums to post about the color variations of the 126710 Pepsi inserts. I’m not one of these mk1, mk2, mk3, etc deniers. Difference is when I posted about it, I literally had in my hands a Mk2 and 3 (or whatever you want to call them lol), took pictures of them in the same lighting and simply shared my observation to the group.

I personally think these slight variations that could alter the projection for collectibility is fun and part of what makes this hobby interesting. So I’m not trying to be a nay sayer, I just wanted to clarify what was said to be a “fact”.
Old 31 March 2023, 08:11 AM   #137
harvey
"TRF" Member

Chadri, totally agree with your post.

For me I only liked the mark 3 Pepsi dial so that’s when I got it. And today I asked for the LV hoping the bezel is less ‘milky’ in colour and more vibrant.
Old 31 March 2023, 08:16 AM   #138
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Has Henri weighed in on this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 08:17 AM   #139
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Chadri, totally agree with your post.

For me I only liked the mark 3 Pepsi dial so that’s when I got it. And today I asked for the LV hoping the bezel is less ‘milky’ in colour and more vibrant.
I hope you get it soon my friend!
Old 31 March 2023, 08:25 AM   #140
Nepats81
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Drunmond View Post
Of course it is absurd, I'm pointing out the absurdity of claiming something will be rare and worth 100k in the future. Because if you really believed that you would buy 1 or 2 (or 500).

Why would I, as someone who isn't saying it will be a collectable buy one?.
Becuase it’s not practical and you know that.

No one is taking a loan at 7% + to buy watches.

Physical security, storage, authenticity concerns. You should know this.

Just relax and have fun.
Nepats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 08:27 AM   #141
harvey
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I hope you get it soon my friend!
Thank you!
Old 31 March 2023, 08:43 AM   #142
-94-
Banned

Quote:
Ok so the seminar part is what I missed, which is now the 3rd time I sincerely said I might have missed something. What I didn’t miss is you say “for fact rolex say change made”. So when I asked where it was stated, that’s when you can reply “the statement was made at a seminar”. It’s not that complicated to communicate this. Instead you condescendingly said I was trying to be clever. I’m just trying to get the info straight.

That said, I’m still genuinely curious. You were there or you’re just passing along info someone else (not to be named) told you?
It is ok I was repeating myself many times in LV bezel threads I thought everyone knew it already, haha.

I answer already another member question about your second part, and I will say again, I am not naming or giving details. Information come from seminar that all ADs will be given about 2023 new watches, includes new green LV for 2023 and always after.

Yes it is fun when Rolex makes changes! I am excited to see new bezel with old bezel together, we will have to wait for it. I think it is exciting for LV owners that change was made, their watch is now finished and was first green version of brand new 41mm submariner, so it is collector one now more than ever.

I hope we can be friends now, thank you
Old 31 March 2023, 08:55 AM   #143
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
It is ok I was repeating myself many times in LV bezel threads I thought everyone knew it already, haha.

I answer already another member question about your second part, and I will say again, I am not naming or giving details. Information come from seminar that all ADs will be given about 2023 new watches, includes new green LV for 2023 and always after.

Yes it is fun when Rolex makes changes! I am excited to see new bezel with old bezel together, we will have to wait for it. I think it is exciting for LV owners that change was made, their watch is now finished and was first green version of brand new 41mm submariner, so it is collector one now more than ever.

I hope we can be friends now, thank you
Was never not your friend, just asking for clarification

It’s very interesting indeed. As mentioned I enjoy discussing these slight variations to dials, bezel colors, fonts, etc. and I do believe this is the first time I’m hearing of rolex recognizing the change as part of the the watch information.
Old 31 March 2023, 09:01 AM   #144
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

I just left my AD. The SA has a print out of all the new models. On one page it mentioned that the new LV has a new shade of green
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 09:04 AM   #145
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar-rye View Post
I just left my AD. The SA has a print out of all the new models. On one page it mentioned that the new LV has a new shade of green

What, it cannot be!? We've had 100 comments to the contrary. Pics or it didn't happen
Old 31 March 2023, 09:14 AM   #146
koko105
"TRF" Member

Quote:

And here Another Confirmation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
koko105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 09:20 AM   #147
omar-rye
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEpro View Post
What, it cannot be!? We've had 100 comments to the contrary. Pics or it didn't happen
I should’ve sneaked a picture but I’m in my best behaviour at my AD. Nevertheless, it is 100% confirmed for me that the LV will have a lighter shade as per Rolex document
omar-rye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 09:55 AM   #148
WilsdorfNDavis
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You know it doesn't matter - people will still deny it, sadly that's just the age that we live in now.
Old 31 March 2023, 11:11 AM   #149
inadeje
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: me lose count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru Jones View Post
Thanks for the video.

Sorry, not convinced by a YouTuber (even if I like Adrian Barker). He makes his claim based on a watch under harsh lighting.

Without a written statement from Rolex, this all seems like internet fluff to me.

100% ^^^^^^^
♛ 116689 ♛ 116500LN Blk ♛ 116500LN Wht ♛ Sky Dweller 326934-003 ♛ 126710BLNR ♛ 126710BLRO - ♛ 126610LV ♛ 16520 ♛ 16523 ♛ 16610 ♛ 5513 Birth Year - ✠ Patek Philippe 5980/1A-001 - AP 26331ST Panda - Panerai Fiddy 127, Bronzo 671, 687, 111, Ω Speedmaster 1957 Broad Arrow, Daniel Roth Endurer Chronosprint, Cartier Santos XL - ✿ Tudor Black Bay 58 Bronze M79012M, Montblanc TimeWalker Chrono 41
inadeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2023, 11:31 AM   #150
MYK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: @kuwaitinglist
Here’s a curve ball. I too was convinced, especially after readying the Rolex magazine Geneva Rolex rep statement etc… then I checked with a friend who is at W & W, he claims to have asked someone from Rolex and that person denied. This post does not carry a lot of weigh but I guess it’s as good as any other at this point.
M.A.D.1 Green “Lucky Clover”
SEVENFRIDAY
MYK is offline   Reply With Quote