The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 1 May 2023, 03:17 AM   #1
Isbell
"TRF" Member

Omega Polishing Question

Hi, all. I have a 41mm Aqua Terra on a rubber strap that I brought pre-owned and it has some scratches around the lugs and the bezel. Nothing too major, but I've been considering sending it off to the factory to get polished just to make it look pristine. As this is my first Omega, I have never dealt with their servicing centers before. For those of you who have had experience with them, how is their polishing? Do they typically do a good job and retain most of the original metal and case profile or are there horror stories of getting an overpolished watch back that lost a substantial amount of its lyre styled lug profile? Also, what is the typical price for a case-only polish from the factory?I appreciate the feedback!
Isbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 07:01 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Omega watches are made in Bienne Switzerland and so I think you would find it difficult to send it to the "factory".

There are a number of Service Centers around, including one in Chicago, but I'm not sure that they will do a simple refinish and nothing else. You should check before you send it off, give them a call, or send it in for an overhaul where refinishing the case is included..
Old 1 May 2023, 09:00 AM   #3
DoricSpiker
2024 Pledge Member

I think they will insist on servicing the watch. When you do that you can then chose whether to have it polished or not. I don’t think they will just polish it for you.
Any AD will sort this out for you and the watch probably won’t leave the country you are in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DoricSpiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 09:09 PM   #4
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Some pictures would be nice. Also, how old is the watch and how is it running? Those are factors in getting the watch polished now or waiting to get it done when it needs a service. I would lean toward leaving it alone and wearing and enjoying it as is. Polishing a watch only brings it back and then we mark it up again.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2023, 09:45 PM   #5
AEC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Idiot Savant
If mechanical service is not required but you would like it polished then I believe Nesbit's Fine Watch Service in Seattle will provide that. Nesbit's is an Omega-authorized independent watchmaking shop. Quality is top-notch, communication is easy, and turn-around is quick. Many Omega enthusiasts use Nesbit's instead of Omega regularly (including me). Call and talk with Jan (she) Nesbit.
AEC is offline   Reply With Quote