The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 31 October 2014, 06:43 AM   #61
Tim Brennan

Point of Order.
Before sending anything to Watchmakers International, I strongly suggest you follow this link.
This is public information. Read carefully and weigh your decisions accordingly.

https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/se...ID=17518697382
Tim Brennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 07:16 AM   #62
Frosty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brennan View Post
Point of Order.
Before sending anything to Watchmakers International, I strongly suggest you follow this link.
This is public information. Read carefully and weigh your decisions accordingly.

https://mycpa.cpa.state.tx.us/coa/se...ID=17518697382

Franchise Tax Account Status
As of: 10/30/2014 03:52:34 PM

WATCHMAKERS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Texas Taxpayer Number 17518697382
Mailing Address 2807 BLACKWOOD DR
ARLINGTON, TX 76013-2108

Right to Transact Business in Texas: FRANCHISE TAX INVOLUNTARILY ENDED
Request tax clearance to reinstate entity

State of Formation TX
Effective SOS Registration Date 03/05/2003
Texas SOS File Number 0800180315
Registered Agent Name ROBERT RIDLEY
Registered Office Street Address 2807 BLACKWOOD DR
ARLINGTON, TX 76013

FRANCHISE TAX INVOLUNTARILY ENDED (Franchise Tax Involuntarily Ended The entity's registration or certificate was ended as a result of a tax forfeiture or an administrative forfeiture by Texas Secretary of State.)
Old 31 October 2014, 07:18 AM   #63
roach7
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610lv
What does this mean?
roach7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 07:30 AM   #64
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss 1019
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach7 View Post
What does this mean?
If I'm not mistaken, it means that WI is open to a number of liabilities until he gets that issue cleared up (I ran a quick search on this), but otherwise doesn't have an impact on his daily operations.

In reading it also seems this happens in Texas and businesses do not even know they are in violation until critical things come up like trying to sell the company (Not that WI is for sale).

I could be completely off base on this, so do not take it to heart.
Old 31 October 2014, 07:58 AM   #65
Davey Boy
"TRF" Member

Watch: 2006 Submariner LV
Bob Ridley

I Spoke To Bob At Length About What Happened Today.
I'm Satisfied With His Explanation Of This Event, And Feel
Fine About Sending My Watch To Him As Needed.
Bob Has Been In Business 34 Yrs And Has Always Treated
Me In The Most Professional Way. Deal With Confidence.
Davey Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 08:02 AM   #66
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
I Spoke To Bob At Length About What Happened Today.
I'm Satisfied With His Explanation Of This Event, And Feel
Fine About Sending My Watch To Him As Needed.
Bob Has Been In Business 34 Yrs And Has Always Treated
Me In The Most Professional Way. Deal With Confidence.
While you may have had great experiences with WI (Ridley), there are many others that disagree with your assessment. Be careful out there everyone!

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 08:52 AM   #67
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
I know nothing of WI or Bob and have never sent a piece of mine to anyone for service. Have just not needed service on any watches of mine.

But, this was a factor in my process if selecting an AD and building that relationship. I think people get all caught up on price and discounts and other sales issues. My AD has a CW21 watchmaker on staff that is the head of their watch sales and service. He personally has handled any issues that've have had with any watches I have purchased from him and his store.

I will pay a few extra dollars to know that I have a relationship and an advocate with Rolex or Nomos or Shinola or Omega if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 09:59 AM   #68
CrownMe
"TRF" Member

Watch: My Open 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdex75 View Post
I know nothing of WI or Bob and have never sent a piece of mine to anyone for service. Have just not needed service on any watches of mine.

But, this was a factor in my process if selecting an AD and building that relationship. I think people get all caught up on price and discounts and other sales issues. My AD has a CW21 watchmaker on staff that is the head of their watch sales and service. He personally has handled any issues that've have had with any watches I have purchased from him and his store.

I will pay a few extra dollars to know that I have a relationship and an advocate with Rolex or Nomos or Shinola or Omega if need be.

.....ooooo K
CrownMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 10:07 AM   #69
SMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach7 View Post
What does this mean?
Nothing. He may have missed some deadline or failed to file a silly state annual report on time. He makes his filing or pays a small fee and he is active again. Would not read too much into it.
SMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 10:23 AM   #70
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
[ QUOTE=CrownMe;5369794].....ooooo K[/QUOTE]

I'm just saying, some people don't think about service or service issues when they buy a watch (not this particular op). And knowing where you are going to get your service (if not RSC) is important to some people. If I bought a vintage piece and it needed service, which will hopefully happen soon, having that relationship will be important to me.

bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 10:32 AM   #71
soundserious
"TRF" Member

One of the biggest issues in the world of vintage is servicing these valuable watches. As time goes on it will become more difficult, that's a given.

I've used WI a few times, very expensive but competent service has been my experience. There are better and worse options out there.
soundserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 10:37 AM   #72
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
[ QUOTE=CrownMe;5369794].....ooooo K
I'm just saying, some people don't think about service or service issues when they buy a watch (not this particular op). And knowing where you are going to get your service (if not RSC) is important to some people. If I bought a vintage piece and it needed service, which will hopefully happen soon, having that relationship will be important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

MP5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 10:45 AM   #73
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Can someone please tell me if barb is no longer with bob? did something happen there..? talk of her whistle blowing she stated in this thread?

also to add, I have serviced a couple times with bob in the past. He was always very patient over the phone and remembered every little concern of mine as I am super OCD about my watches... I will most certainly make sure I request he and only he work on my watches if I decide to send to him in the future.. I just wonder what people are talking about; problems with Bob? This is the first I have ever read.. have I missed other threads?

I always thought it was only him working there, so I always felt at ease.. just because Bob has a gift at working with delicate aged watches, doesn't mean his kids or other help will be able to have the same gift at working on these very fragile pieces.. I would hope he would be clear to a customer if he didn't plan on doing the work himself.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 10:50 AM   #74
Old Expat Beast
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: SEIKO
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubKing View Post
Can someone please tell me if barb is no longer with bob? did something happen there..? talk of her whistle blowing she stated in this thread?

also to add, I have serviced a couple times with bob in the past. He was always very patient over the phone and remembered every little concern of mine as I am super OCD about my watches... I will most certainly make sure I request he and only he work on my watches if I decide to send to him in the future.. I just wonder what people are talking about; problems with Bob? This is the first I have ever read.. have I missed other threads?

I always thought it was only him working there, so I always felt at ease.. just because Bob has a gift at working with delicate aged watches, doesn't mean his kids or other help will be able to have the same gift at working on these very fragile pieces.. I would hope he would be clear to a customer if he didn't plan on doing the work himself.
She said in the long (gone) thread that she had left, or at least was no longer there. That's why she was posting all that stuff. (Allegedly).
Old Expat Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2014, 11:39 AM   #75
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
[ QUOTE=CrownMe;5369794].....ooooo K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

deleted

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 31 October 2014, 11:42 AM   #76
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
One of the biggest issues in the world of vintage is servicing these valuable watches. As time goes on it will become more difficult, that's a given.

I've used WI a few times, very expensive but competent service has been my experience. There are better and worse options out there.
There is no special magic or skills needed to service these vintage watches. Any competent watchmaker is fully capable to complete a service. There are hundreds of watchmakers in this country, so finding one you are comfortable with shouldn't be a concern for anyone.

Old 31 October 2014, 03:53 PM   #77
sturgeon123456
"TRF" Member

This thread is interesting, I don't know why but it just is!
sturgeon123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 November 2014, 12:42 AM   #78
SubKing
"TRF" Member

Watch: where do i start??
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
There is no special magic or skills needed to service these vintage watches. Any competent watchmaker is fully capable to complete a service. There are hundreds of watchmakers in this country, so finding one you are comfortable with shouldn't be a concern for anyone.
I agree, anyone can service these watches, But it's hard to find watch makers who specialize in restoration and are as familiar with how to handle such delicate watches and tritium and or radium parts that can crack and fall apart just by looking at them the wrong way..

Bob was always understanding about the risk involved and the particular nature that these watches have to be handled. one small chip on the dial or hash mark while re-installing and could take thousands off the value of some of these watches.
SubKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 November 2014, 11:55 PM   #79
rbjrlaw
"TRF" Member

Watch: vintage seadweller
Can someone who has recently dealt with WI privately email me. I have recently had two watches for service there and cannot determine what types of problems are involved here.
I did have some issues which troubled me. Thx.
rbjrlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2015, 04:01 AM   #80
ctang
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundserious View Post
Can someone please let us know who the possibly better options are for servicing vintage rolexes?
ctang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2015, 04:03 AM   #81
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
There's a sticky thread in the Vintage Section with lots of information on sellers and servicing
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote