The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 20 August 2017, 01:33 AM   #121
eco8gator
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5060/a
It's not worth your time, money or sanity to go though any time is reporting for a watch scratch.

Just fire your appeaser and leave it alone. You will address the scratch at your next service.

Instead of wasting time why not take that thing to the beach and have some fun with friends and family and add a few more scratches for Rolex to polish out.

The fact is scratches happen, it sucks that it wasn't you that scratched it but live and learn.
Old 20 August 2017, 03:12 PM   #122
Corey79
"TRF" Member

What ever you do make sure you tell as many ppl as you can about the bad service & where you recieved it.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk
Old 20 August 2017, 03:27 PM   #123
Chadridv
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LV
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbro352 View Post
Sorry to take this to the dark side, but if you posted a Yelp link, I'd happily give my honest 1-star review based on what I've read in this trusted community. I'm sure a handful of the 64 other replies here would too. Maybe if we hit this guy in the wallet, he'll stop treating us like he treated you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps I missed the context of this post, if so I apologize and please feel free to explain yourself.

Otherwise, am I reading this correctly? You would actually write a 1 star negative yelp review, and you call it "honest" when it's not an actual account of your experience?

I believe I was the first one to suggest the OP write a negative yelp review, so I'm all for hitting back in that regard, but I seriously hope you and other members here aren't considering writing their own reviews based on the OPs experience. That's just not right.
Old 20 August 2017, 04:20 PM   #124
RolexComplex
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermann View Post
Thanks for all the advice everyone. The scotch brite worked good enough for me to the point I can move on. I'll go attempt to get my refund today and hopefully put this mess behind me.
WOW. You did an incredible job! I'm sorry this happened, and I certainly hope you get some consideration. Still, I'm amazed at how great the clasp looks now.

Could I bring a couple of my watches by for a polish the next time I'm in Iowa?
Old 20 August 2017, 04:23 PM   #125
BLACKHORSE 6
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SS Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post
Perhaps I missed the context of this post, if so I apologize and please feel free to explain yourself.

Otherwise, am I reading this correctly? You would actually write a 1 star negative yelp review, and you call it "honest" when it's not an actual account of your experience?

I believe I was the first one to suggest the OP write a negative yelp review, so I'm all for hitting back in that regard, but I seriously hope you and other members here aren't considering writing their own reviews based on the OPs experience. That's just not right.
Couldn't agree more.
Old 20 August 2017, 09:50 PM   #126
TK-710
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadridv View Post

I could not agree more. Based on this story I feel badly for the OP so this has nothing to do with the OP specifically and everything to do with life generally. Maybe I'm jaded due to the nature of my work but I've never gotten a 100% perfect picture by interviewing one party. I certainly wouldn't blast a second party based on something I read here, written by someone I've never met and a watch I've only seen a picture of. That is not the intent behind those review section. Posting based on hearsay is in terrible taste.
Old 20 August 2017, 09:56 PM   #127
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
As the slight scratches have been rectified very easily by the original poster this thread has run its course and subject is closed.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Closed Thread