The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 13 January 2020, 08:43 AM   #271
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by IR201 View Post
Much appreciated! And I do agree that is a factor in the crazy market. What does a bubble bursted world look like to you? You think BLRO will be available at a discounted MSRP from an AD? Or below MSRP from a grey? I can't imagine that scenario for this particular watch, even with an economic downturn, but then again I've got no expertise here to be honest.

I’d be curious to know if you could actually get your premium back if you were to sell as a private seller. A lot of people pay the premium from trusted sellers because they are trusted sellers. I’m sure you could get a little premium back but I wouldn’t be surprised if you lost a grand or 2 off of what you paid already. It’s the people that bought at retail that are flipping that are making out. So in that regard imo the premiums aren’t worth it
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2020, 08:53 AM   #272
MTdweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: the time fly!
Congrats! Enjoy the heck out of that watch!
MTdweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2020, 08:54 AM   #273
IR201
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
I’d be curious to know if you could actually get your premium back if you were to sell as a private seller. A lot of people pay the premium from trusted sellers because they are trusted sellers. I’m sure you could get a little premium back but I wouldn’t be surprised if you lost a grand or 2 off of what you paid already. It’s the people that bought at retail that are flipping that are making out. So in that regard imo the premiums aren’t worth it

Oh totally agree. I can’t right now sell privately for what I paid (not that I want to). But I think I could get 85% of market, which would be a good portion of the premium back. And if market goes up and I sell at 85 percent of that new price I could get it all back - or more. Now what if market drops back to MSRP. Well then I’m out 6k. A lot of unknowns but the worst that could happen is something I was comfortable with. I’m not economically reliant on recouping that premium.

In theory I wouldn’t mind waiting if the wait was a known factor. Like if you said it would def be a year and you’re guaranteed the watch I’d be like oh ok. I don’t need instant gratification. But for me I wasn’t even granted a waitlist spot.

Another factor here is I traded towards it. Suppose the bubble does burst. Then what I traded for it would prob decline in value commensurately also. But who knows.

In any event I’m in love with the piece and I’m ok with what I did, so it did work out for me. But I get other opinions also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IR201 is offline   Reply With Quote