The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Gallery (Non-Rolex)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 February 2020, 03:38 AM   #1
Mbalce
"TRF" Member

1970 Bulova Accutron Doctors watch. Grandfather to grandson

Just wanted to share a fun little project I am working on. My late Father was an anesthesiologist as well as a watch guy. Lucky me as I have a few very nice pieces from him including a beautiful Rolex 18038.

But this post is about his daily wearer, a Bulova Accutron with the Doctors dial. These were actually popular with Doctors as they could buy a pretty darn nice watch and write it off on their taxes.

I actually remember him telling me why he bought it and how he was kinda giddy about writing it off on his taxes. Lol. I was 11 years old.

Fast forward almost 50 years later. I find the watch which was on a generic flex bracelet, cracked and scuffed crystal and hadn’t been run for 20 years. There was an old battery in it but luckily it was intact though this is also the model with a separate battery compartment separate from the water proof movement.

My son is jus finishing his first year of medical school. He almost didn’t make it through (first year is highest drop rate) but he stuck with it and looks like he is solid at this point.

I restores the watch which runs perfect (even with a 1.55 volt battery it still keeps good time ). I will be giving it to my son next time I see him.

Just wanted to share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mbalce is offline   Reply With Quote