The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Miscellaneous Forums > Pens & Writing Instruments

Old 18 December 2023, 12:25 AM   #1
mutsop
"TRF" Member

Icon1 Rolex Caran D'Ache trio pens

Hi,

I recently received a gift of 3 Rolex - Caran D'Ache pens (blue, black and green). Can't seem to post pictures/links, sorry

But it seems everywhere I look on the internet, I can't seem to find any information on it. Not why it was created, for what purpose, where you "could" get it from... Nothing. Only auctions and the price ranges from 150 to 400

Does anyone have more information?

I mean even a reverse image search doesn't help.
mutsop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 06:51 AM   #2
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Caran d'Ache does make fine pens but a little more information might help.

Are these fountain pens, roller ball or ball point? Hexagonal or rounded tapered?

Have tried contacting Caran D'Ache?

AbE:

Okay, more information. It seems to be a Caran D'Ache 858 ball point. They are hexagonal in shape and can take a Parker refill.

Last edited by jar; 18 December 2023 at 07:03 AM.. Reason: see AbE:
jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 08:41 PM   #3
mutsop
"TRF" Member

I can't post links or images as I don't meet the requirements of posting them. I need to have a minimum set of posts before. So let me try and explain as much in detail :)

Just for the fun of it, I'm using AI to describe it:

Quote:
The picture shows a set of three pens presented in an elegant box, possibly meant as a high-end gift set. The box is a two-piece design with a base and a removable lid, both finished in a textured cream or off-white color. On the lid, there's a logo printed in green, which is the distinctive crown symbol associated with the brand Rolex.

Inside the base of the box, which appears to be lined with a soft, cream-colored material, there are three pens, each one a different color. From left to right, the first pen is rose gold, the second is yellow gold, and the third is silver. These pens have a sleek, metallic finish and are likely to be ballpoint pens given their pointed tips and the lack of any visible fountain pen nib. Each pen has a clip on the cap, also in a matching metallic finish, which could be useful for clipping the pen onto a pocket or a notebook.

Beneath the area where the pens are held, there are three colored dots—possibly indicators of the pen colors or models—aligned horizontally: blue, green, and red.

The overall presentation is very sophisticated and suggests that the item is a luxury product, not just because of the Rolex branding, which is synonymous with luxury and high quality, but also due to the meticulous packaging and the choice of materials and colors for the pens.
Hope this helps.

If you navigate to ricardo dot ch and type in "caran d'ache rolex" you'll find them quite easily
mutsop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2023, 11:07 PM   #4
jar
"TRF" Member

Watch: Samsung Gear S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutsop View Post
I can't post links or images as I don't meet the requirements of posting them. I need to have a minimum set of posts before. So let me try and explain as much in detail :)

Just for the fun of it, I'm using AI to describe it:

Hope this helps.

If you navigate to ricardo dot ch and type in "caran d'ache rolex" you'll find them quite easily
As I said, they are most likely simply give away advertising pens. They are good quality but still the 849 ball points but with the Rolex imprint.

Here is a typical higher end Caran d'Ache presentation box. In this case the pen is an Hexagonal Black fountain pen.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg boxed-01small.jpg (95.5 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by jar; 18 December 2023 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: add image
jar is offline   Reply With Quote