The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 6 January 2016, 07:26 AM   #1
Pianoman88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV, others
Global Watches Inc, Manhattan? Other Jewelry District Shops?

Hi, anyone have experience buying from Global Watches at 55 West 47th Street in Manhattan? Just stopped by and was given some very good prices, $7500 on a two tone Sub with papers in mint condition, $4400 on a brand new two tone Cartier Tank with stickers, box, etc.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience buying here or other shops on 47th street.
Pianoman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 January 2016, 11:06 AM   #2
wisguy
"TRF" Member

Don't know them

Once bought from Element in Time in 36 W 47th St #301, good selection.
Old 6 January 2016, 02:29 PM   #3
Pianoman88
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV, others
Thanks wisguy, checked them out online and they look great. Global Watches is in the "World's Largest Jewelry Exchange" located at 55 W. 47th. It's a big open room with independent vendors at booths. I spent about 30 min talking to Moe at Global and his prices were pretty outstanding. Seemed willing to come down from $7500 on that two tone Sub, no holes. I noticed one other vendor with a lot of Rolexes in the Exchange but didn't have time to stop and check his watches out.
Pianoman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2016, 04:20 AM   #4
hsfrank
"TRF" Member

Watch: President
Here's another thread with global watches
http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=198645

Time and Tide wait for no man

Rolex Cellini 4133
Tudor North Flag

HERS:
Rolex TTDJ
hsfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 January 2016, 12:45 PM   #5
HobokenRolex
2024 Pledge Member

Gai Gohari at Classic Watch NY is in the diamond district. I've been in to talk to him and have read good things. Never purchased there, however.
HobokenRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2017, 01:50 AM   #6
PerfectWatchGirl
"TRF" Member

I've personally been working in NYC's Diamond District for over a couple of years now and I have dealt with Sammy. He has been in that booth for over 30 years now and has a NYC licence to sell pre-owned watches. He's very informative about what you purchase and gives impeccable low market prices that sound too good to be true. The reason why is because he is wholesale watch dealer and sells watches in bulk quantity to many vendors in NYC's Diamond district including myself. He is very trustworthy and knowledgeable. Just make sure you catch him when he has no customers around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman88 View Post
Hi, anyone have experience buying from Global Watches at 55 West 47th Street in Manhattan? Just stopped by and was given some very good prices, $7500 on a two tone Sub with papers in mint condition, $4400 on a brand new two tone Cartier Tank with stickers, box, etc.

Would love to hear from anyone with experience buying here or other shops on 47th street.
PerfectWatchGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 01:54 AM   #7
Knappo 1307
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectWatchGirl View Post
I've personally been working in NYC's Diamond District for over a couple of years now and I have dealt with Sammy. He has been in that booth for over 30 years now and has a NYC licence to sell pre-owned watches. He's very informative about what you purchase and gives impeccable low market prices that sound too good to be true. The reason why is because he is wholesale watch dealer and sells watches in bulk quantity to many vendors in NYC's Diamond district including myself. He is very trustworthy and knowledgeable. Just make sure you catch him when he has no customers around!
Very interesting first post...
Knappo 1307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 02:07 AM   #8
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
Very interesting first post...
Indeed
Kingface66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 02:53 PM   #9
breitlings
Banned

Watch: Apple TV
Be very careful dealing with the people in the diamond district.
breitlings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2017, 09:46 PM   #10
Bob the brush
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1016 Explorer.
Do your homework, check very carefully, there are some very good fakes circulating. Caveat emptor. Buyer beware.
Bob the brush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 April 2017, 04:48 AM   #11
kunlun
"TRF" Member

A vendor there just tried to sell me a watch with a poorly refurbished dial as a new watch and for the same price as an unworn new watch. He told me the altered dial "must be an earlier reference" which was a straight up lie.

I would be very, very careful. Don't assume anyone there is your friend or that they are acting responsibily
You can and will get ripped off.

Element in Time is trustworthy. You will pay the same amount there for a used watch as you would for a new one elsewhere, but you can trust them except for their warranty. No Grey market seller has a warranty that is in any way trustworthy. While I was shopping at Element in Time, the owner was yelling at someone who bought a used watch (with dried out oil) which stopped working. The owner loudly blamed the buyer for breaking the watch, even though the owner had not inspected it. The warranty was not honored.

Oh, and Motion in Time are notorious frauds, they were sued by Cartier for selling poorly refurbished Cartier watches with fake parts as new. They were also sued again for selling poorly refurbished Patek as new.
kunlun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 03:24 AM   #12
lovephileo
"TRF" Member

Watch: timex
Ivalue Lab is the home your diamonds are looking for

Old post yet timely for those who are looking for a risk-free diamond selling or selling diamond vice-versa. Determined by pro gemologist in-house, lemme direct you to Ivalue Lab, promise, you won't regret but respect their lab located in NYC.
lovephileo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 05:30 PM   #13
hambone1983
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectWatchGirl View Post
anyone can get a license to sell second hand goods if they can manage to fill out the form and pay the fee.
hambone1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 11:00 PM   #14
edweather
"TRF" Member

Watch: Casio Illuminator
I lived in Manhattan for 11 years, and have been to the diamond district several times. All I can say is, know about the product you are buying. I wouldn't take anyones "word" for anything there. There are some good, honest people everywhere, but the diamond district imo is ground zero for slick sales people, making most of their retail sales dollars off of tourists.
Old 30 May 2018, 02:28 AM   #15
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovephileo View Post
Old post yet timely for those who are looking for a risk-free diamond selling or selling diamond vice-versa. Determined by pro gemologist in-house, lemme direct you to Ivalue Lab, promise, you won't regret but respect their lab located in NYC.
Wow, what an informative first post, thanks for the heads up!

dmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 03:27 AM   #16
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovephileo View Post
Wow, tell me more!!!

Oh sorry, welcome to the forum!
Trailboss516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 04:39 AM   #17
123Blueface
"TRF" Member

Watch: All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss516 View Post
Wow, tell me more!!!

Oh sorry, welcome to the forum!
123Blueface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 02:53 PM   #18
J_1964
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16710
I Think I'm Getting A Headache.....
J_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 May 2018, 11:30 PM   #19
tudorbaja27
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor & Cartier
Be careful. Very careful (i.e. that perfectwatchgirl 1st post sums everything up). Stay away.

Just my 2 cents