The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 4 September 2019, 01:05 AM   #1
Hendrikus
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them...
Patek Museum - Geneva

My AD kindly arranged a private tour of the Patek museum for me today. What a fabulous experience! If ever in Geneva you must go.

On a separate note the staff in the Patek Salon are so, so helpful. In a different league to what I’ve experienced in the UK. I had a minor issue with one of my watches so thought I would chance my arm, but they were glad to have their master watchmaker fix it for me free of charge - whilst I tried on various pieces (without any pressure to buy it must be said).

Top marks for both the Museum and the Salon. Sadly photographs are banned in both!
Old 4 September 2019, 01:38 AM   #2
Pateks
Banned

I was there in March and echo your sentiments. The museum is fantastic and the service and hospitality at the Salon is unmatched. Had an amazing time there.
Pateks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 02:13 AM   #3
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

I have no experience with the other salons, but the one in Geneva is fantastic. They made me a tour through all the floors, and I am a nobody.

The guy looked me in the eyes and said, have a crazy day, what do you wanna see. And I was like "the split second chronos, and he was like - ok, but be more demanding. So i while I was looking at the split second chrono perpetual (the movement was blocked) he came with a solid number of minute repeaters with working movements and we discussed the different sounding of the different metals.

I was gobsmacked, and we finished it on the last floor in front the painting that was in the Stern photo of the Authorized biography. While chatting the sales person (btw they give you tons of free passes for the Museum + magazines + books) said, that their biggest problem is, that the people are afraid to come in.

Let's not forget, you also see the legendary Tiffany's safe on the ground floor. If you happen to be in Geneva - the salon is a must see, Museum is fantastic as well, but it takes 1-2 days to really read through all of it which irritated my OCD.

And again, I am a nobody who will have his first Patek next year!
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 02:53 AM   #4
Hendrikus
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: All of them...
Agreed on the Salon. It’s amazing as are the staff!!
Old 4 September 2019, 03:51 AM   #5
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrikus View Post
Agreed on the Salon. It’s amazing as are the staff!!

Best staff for sure !

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 11:11 AM   #6
Toffeeman
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5164A
The salon in Geneva has all models displayed? Easy to book Aquanaut or equally difficult I wonder
Toffeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 11:17 AM   #7
tng11
"TRF" Member

I had an out of this world experience at the Salon in May last year. I wrote about it:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=607878

I keep longing for the day I can return.
tng11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2019, 11:19 AM   #8
Michael T
2024 Pledge Member

They had any model I asked to look at, but they were not working watches.

I second the private tour at the museum. They were very flexible, my wife wanted to see more of the jewelry/enameling and I wanted much more in the Calatrava history. I booked it in advance. If I recall, it was about $220 USD last Fall.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2019, 02:19 PM   #9
Amiricanmade
"TRF" Member

Watch: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrikus View Post
My AD kindly arranged a private tour of the Patek museum for me today. What a fabulous experience! If ever in Geneva you must go.

On a separate note the staff in the Patek Salon are so, so helpful. In a different league to what I’ve experienced in the UK. I had a minor issue with one of my watches so thought I would chance my arm, but they were glad to have their master watchmaker fix it for me free of charge - whilst I tried on various pieces (without any pressure to buy it must be said).

Top marks for both the Museum and the Salon. Sadly photographs are banned in both!
Just came from Geneva not too long ago and i agree to both your points. I too got the tour set up by my AD and found it to be amazing and more than anything the 2 hours i spent chatting it up with the sales rep at the salon was an experience ill always remember.
Amiricanmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2019, 12:13 AM   #10
Bosscheto
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toffeeman View Post
The salon in Geneva has all models displayed? Easy to book Aquanaut or equally difficult I wonder
You can see it fore sure, but you cannot buy. The waiting list was 6-8 years I believe and they always refer you to your nearest local AD.

I am not sure you can buy a lot from there if you are a tourist, I guess the annual calendars, I really don't know.
Bosscheto is offline   Reply With Quote